Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I thought this was going to be really dumb but it's too ridiculous to not laugh at, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lizbo posted:

^The posts at the bottom of the previous page and the top of this one (where it's quoted) are also technically spoilers.

A bit late but I've tagged them.

A general warning to people: Be careful about posting spoilers. If you're not sure if something counts as a spoiler, then tag it just to be on the safe side. If you're not familiar with how to format posts then refer to this thread which has information on how to go about it. In the case of spoilers just add a "==" (without the quotes) immediately before and after the text you want to tag. ==Like this.==

last edited at Jan 4, 2021 3:33AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Forum Rules 04 Jan 03:26
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

I think this particular thread may need more attention, and perhaps permanent locking, because a couple people are still posting blatant attacks and passive-aggressive jabs even after they've been told not to.

Looks like Pekoe has already dealt with the remaining problem posters. I don't think the thread needs to be permanently locked though. People just need to actually read what people (specifically mods and other site staff) are saying before posting.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

IzzyLebasi posted:

I don't know how to use the black bar to block it so sorry.

I edited in a spoiler for you but next time rather than just posting an untagged spoiler you either need to tag it yourself or just not post it in the first place. You should check out the Forum Post Formatting - Basic Markdown Tutorial thread. It has instructions on how to spoiler tag some text. Just add a "==" (without the quotes) at the beginning of the text you want to tag and another sete at the end of it.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

I guess I'll have to reevaluate what I think of this site and the people who run it then, if wishing destruction upon people isn't considered wrong here.

Assuming you're talking about Utoptia's post, that seems like pretty clear sarcasm to me.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

^ Can one of the mods please delete that garbage? We don't have to tolerate that bullshit.

I'm assuming one of the other's got to it but I'm not seeing anything that needs to be dealt with.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

To reiterate myself from the last page:

Alice Cheshire posted:

Let's cool it. A few of you are getting a bit too inflammatory.

This thread is for discussion of this oneshot. If you have a specific complaint about someone's (or a group's) behavior then voice it constructively or simply don't post at all. It adds nothing to the thread. A lot of the discussion so far has been toeing the line when it comes to rules #1 and #11.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Let's cool it. A few of you are getting a bit too inflammatory.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Forum Rules 31 Dec 07:48
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lizbo posted:

^I see you came around to my way of thinking. :)

Anyway, here's another one that latched onto the word "school". Actually, I'll quote it for posterity because it's a bit bonkers:

Now as we all need to try [spam URL] then this will be used for Top Dental Resume Samples & Pro Writing Tips, so we all are up for that. This cna be refered to them later in the coming days of research as we can refer that to them in the following weeks.

Taken care of.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Lolicon discussion 31 Dec 07:43
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

jasperlowee posted:

why do people think so bad about lolicons? its not like we rape childs or something :(((((

even if y'all don't rape child, romanticizing them is equally bad

Their child for God's sake

jasperlowee posted:

lmao this tag needs a therapist

You should avoid replying in an inflammatory manner to other users, especially when you're replying to a two year old post. You should also try to post something constructive as well. You're free to have your opinion and post it but posts like these two only serves to aggravate the topic.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

RobinK posted:

the spaces between lines in the go out with me dialogue is different for each line this is literally unreadable, i hope someone got fired for that blunder

It's perfectly readable, someone shouldn't lose their job over it, you just sound like a whiny b*tch...

Don't post like this. Read the rules before you post again.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Forum Rules 29 Dec 22:37
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

OrangePekoe posted:

Never going to ban anyone until it's obvious, though.

Though people should definitely report them if they think a new user is a bot so it doesn't slip through the cracks too.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Kirin posted:

Indeed, on a more abstract level, it is Anise's existence that unbalances the setting, but I still contend that in Euphie's specific case, she wasn't the catalyst of her derailment from the default life path(s) that their feudal/aristocratic institutions had groomed her for. :-)

That's fair. From Euphie's perspective, the shattering of the engagement was the point where her life went off-track, but this would've happened regardless of Anise's reincarnation, so I decided to consider it part of her 'destiny', so to speak. There's no parallel worldline where the engagement wasn't broken, because the event stems from the personalities of everyone involved and is a foregone conclusion, even if Euphie can't detect it (much like how your average citizen would be much better at detecting a revolution in the making than a sheltered aristocrat, but the revolution itself would be born of sustained tension that had built up over decades). In my opinion, the point of divergence is Anise jumping in and offering Euphie a different, happier lifestyle, using her status as a temporal 'outsider' to alter the progression of events, because she has perspectives and ideas that weren't 'earned' via historical progression, but carried over from a different universe.

From what I recall, Anise was originally the one intended to take the throne so it's quite possible that Anise being different from what she naturally was could actually be a factor here. If Anise had taken the throne then it's completely possible the prince wouldn't have ended up engaged to Euphie in the first place.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

rainbow8 posted:

To answer the questions: I've never heard of "Stacy" and incel slang would get no sympathy from me.

"john" feels more like an established synonym, but if someone named John complained I would try to use other terms, it's not hard. I don't think I use it much anyway.

I have non-white friends named Karen who have said they find the new slang hurtful. They don't like seeing their name turned into a term of opprobrium, oddly enough. So I'm not just making up a problem.

Okay, I'm done with the tangent

To quote myself from the bottom of the last page:

Alice Cheshire posted:

random posted:

...even I think this convo is amazingly off-topic, just sayin'. :|

Agreed on that, so let's end this tangent here. Doesn't seem like any productive conversation could come from it anyways.

This means stop immediately. Not make another post in an attempt to get the last word in. Don't do this again.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

elevown posted:

I get she has lost all her focus and certainty- but if she has so many talents and skills, they should for sure start to assert themselves instead of her being so pasive and unsure. She acts more like a helpless puppy just letting life happen around her atm and that doesn't match the desriptions of the strong queen she was being trained as till now.

(I dont mean so much the manga yet but in the WN- even 10+ chapters in, she didnt seem to be displaying much signs of the strong talented woman she was orgionally described as being.)

Well it's the sort of thing that can take awhile to get through. And a lot of people in a situation like that will try to distract themselves from the overarching problem, which is probably at least somewhat the case here since she can just help out Anise and not have to overthink things. (This is speaking only on the manga so far though, I haven't yet read the web novel so I'm not certain how accurate this actually is.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

random posted:

...even I think this convo is amazingly off-topic, just sayin'. :|

Agreed on that, so let's end this tangent here. Doesn't seem like any productive conversation could come from it anyways.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That seemed pretty well-written. I hadn't thought of just how Euphie must feel before but after reading this chapter I can absolutely see how someone like her could end up with so much self-doubt and confusion about how things ended up. Actually feels quite realistic.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

whatayuri posted:

Imagine perfectly covering up a murder only to realize you just happened to bury the corpse on the only cursed mountain in all of Japan.

Depending on the murderer that might actually be a pro rather than a con. That way you get to kill them a second time. (Though in this case it's probably a con.)

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

TB posted:

Sure, it's mostly useless with all the streaming services we have now. But putting it together made me feel productive, which was nice.

Even if it ends up going unused, those sorts of projects still count at least a practice for projects that might get used in the future.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Roshi710 posted:

Dropped? Aw, that's too bad.

I feel like it happened unusually fast...

I think it's a matter of how long it took for the series to end up on Dynasty. On Mangadex all the chapters were uploaded 5-8 months ago.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
School Zone discussion 20 Dec 13:39
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lizbo posted:

All right, I give up. Where is Kei hiding those things? It's like her bra has anti-pads or something. How am I supposed to infiltrate human society if I can't figure out how that works?

Turns out she accidentally bought some bras whose cups were replaced with bags of holding.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Forum Rules 19 Dec 20:31
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alice Cheshire posted:

Rules are for losers. (And people who don't want to get banned/want to keep the community an enjoyable place.)

I was just reading back through the rules discussing something with someone and noticed this post I made. This is a lot more ridiculous now, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Zetsu posted:

ANYTHING BUT THE HAIR. IT SUITED HER SO MUCH. WHYYY. JUST. WHYYYY.

While I generally prefer long hair, I honestly think she looks better this way.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

luinthoron posted:

Important lesson of the day: "You shouldn't kill people."

Shit, really? Well there goes my plans for the weekend...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

Will there ever be a time when those of us with quicker tempers than most will be able to simply report a post that breaks forum rules to the mods from the thread it's posted in? Just wanting to know exactly how much I need to simmer down. I went over some of my post history last night and didn't like how quickly I got angry at these people.

I can't speak for when or if we'll be getting a proper report system but in the meantime posting reports in the forum rules thread is a good alternative. Just make sure to link relevant posts and give context in case the mod who gets to it isn't familiar with the overarching thread discussion.