Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

So Homura opened up a sweets store with her lover, Madoka and truly nothing bad ever happened at any point in time?

Wait, Honoka's dad is Madoka?

...she's been working out.

That's why you never see Honoka's "dad's" face. Homura is tired of all the Puella fangirls.

Like it, but unfortunately NicoMaki is still my OTP. So can’ Take this pairing serious

It would have a lot of legs if not for NozoEli. Nozomi knew Nico even before she met Eli, in canon. Nozomi - who had to change schools almost every year - was as big a loner as Nico became, once Nico's idol club collapsed. And Nozomi had a lot of sympathy for Nico, but was too shy and thought Nico was too proud to want sympathy. They should have been close friends, if not for their own hang-ups. And we can probably infer Nico was the first washi-washi victim. My headcanon is that before Eli transferred in, Nozomi and Nico might have gotten much closer.

Nozomi's utterly unforgivable behavior towards Nico in the video episode (where Nozomi was, if you re-watch it, being completely awful in general to everyone, anyway) is actually very much out of character for her compared to most of the anime and all of the manga. Actually, A-RISE wouldn't have been putting Nico down, either, since they all knew her by name as one of their biggest fans, so you know that was for making Nico the butt of jokes as usual for the anime. In general in the manga and most of the anime Nozomi is quite fond of Nico.

I can't believe

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_story_where_eli_and_nozomi_become_wild_animals_during_winter_vacation

Got surpassed

What was that one about?

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:23PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The meddling third character is a hallowed tradition dating back at least as far as Citrus. It seems necessary to keep your manga published. To be fair romance is not really romance without rivals. Also, people reading ahead in the raws please spoiler the spoilers.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

. And attacking this manga for being clichéd is... strange, considering there has probably not been a single one ever that depicted an mtf x ftm childhood friend high school romance, or an mtf x tomboyish cis girl if that's where it's headed instead.

you mean like horou musuko? which while i didn't like where some of the story led to, was miles better than this story. not to say this one is bad...but akira wanting to be friends with a girl who is blatantly being a total asshole to your one friend who has always stood up for you is fucking stupid.

It is and it isn't. On balance I think it's brilliant in a way. Main purpose is, of course, to create conflict and drama for the readers. But it also reflects that Akira is so self-conscious she's really not aware of any overtones. I think we're meant to reflect on what she means by implying the interloper would be her first real normal girl friend. It might be like Sasameki Koto - Hime isn't cute, so she doesn't think of her as a real girl. Maybe catching her from falling in gym class is a first step towards seeing her in a new light. Maybe she thinks of her as a sister. We are seeing everything from Hime's POV after all. She doesn't seem to keep anything to herself and Akira keeps most things to herself. That's how I see it. I agree Horou Musuko is better but the woman who created that and Aoi Hana is a pretty high bar.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Regardless of Hime-chan's sexuality or gender, aren't we all, including the interloper, missing a point here? That Hime will slap a fool.

BTW although her personal name typically brings to mind "princess" and her family name has cherry blossoms in it, making it a very feminine name overall, it's always written in katakana which you don't do I think the majority of time (however, there are as many Himes with Sun in their name as Princess if not more). I think katakana vs hiragana is for emphasis that she has a princess name but is not a princess.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 07:02
joined Jan 5, 2015
Dsbfni5u4aeziwy-orig

This series started out almost completely "het" and headed for utter disaster. It's only when Tomoko was giving up her "plan" to become popular by fucking every boy in her high school that her life even had a chance of getting better. It's basically a rare example of a non-yuri becoming yuri (or at least heavy subtext and lots of overt yuri crushes (Asuka and Ucchi are unambiguous, Yuri is pretty obvious, and Nemo is likelier than not, as is her cousin).

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 06:47
joined Jan 5, 2015
Hoeh

Stop picking on Rin, nyaan! I don't get what you're trying to say, nico! Be nice, zura! Horosho!

(Bonus: that's right, da ze!)

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 06:35
joined Jan 5, 2015
Yatsuo_1032612826005688320

If you wondered what https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Uc-rFkFrU Kotoura-san would be like if it lived up to its first ten minutes, crossed with Welcome to the NHK....

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 06:04
joined Jan 5, 2015
Dxzovyouuaaniwu-orig

What is this chikanery Asuka?

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 06:03
joined Jan 5, 2015
Dybbdpbucaeswcu-orig

Has Akane EVER expressed any interest in Tomoko? I feel like, in fact, Tomoko's kind of a rival for Asuka's attention.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 05:07
joined Jan 5, 2015
72561694_p2

This artist does great UcchiKuro.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 05:05
joined Jan 5, 2015
Marnie

I believe legally if your grandmother is hot enough it's not incest.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 05:02
joined Jan 5, 2015
Dykvchtuwaakxly

I don't see why emoji can't be in Kuro's harem.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 04:57
joined Jan 5, 2015
Wtmt

Tomoko reminds me of Nico a bit in the 2nd panel.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 11 Feb 04:06
joined Jan 5, 2015
0f948a0f0b95e2b7c96030305d52460b

She begged Yui not to graduate, remember? Even if Yui is still main girl, Azusa has NEEDS. Needs, people. Needs.

joined Jan 5, 2015

MariAli is one of my favorite couples but Shanghai is my favorite character in all Touhou.

joined Jan 5, 2015

I like that she's a pretty normal kid. An awful lot of Science babies are either the perfect children, tiny copies of their parents or very precocious. This one, she's a fairly regular kid, given her environment.

I agree 100% And the Cloud Palette one gave me a very uneasy feeling, because in a typical anime, things wouldn't be so plotlessly fluffy and perfect unless their family was about to be wiped out by The Menace of The Show. It's exactly how they always set those scenes up.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Ah, the painful life of a neet who ships mostly unpopular ships.

Take that aside,.this doujin is very nice and art style is great. And we need more science babies.

Are they unpopular in Touhou fandom? I thought they were the most popular pairing in Touhou.
That's what I thought too what is a popular pairing in touhou

They are*, but the above NEET, even though she/he doesn't ship them, still likes the art, style and science babies.

*Actually, Marisa x Reimu is probably as popular if not moreso. That said, MariAli is certainly up there in popularity, and one of my favorite pairings in all of anime, manga and Japanese games. Meiling and Sakuya is big, too, and oddly, the sisters Remilia and Flandre.

last edited at Feb 11, 2019 1:02AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Give the girl from Sasameki Koto a break! It's not like she was clueless and helped stall the romance between Murasame and Kazawa, or that she wasn't brave enough to get a girl of her own even in a school full of lesbians, right?

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Re-reading this and given Nozomi spends all her time with Eli,and is suddenly touching Nico all day, I don't think it's wrong to read romance into this. My take is that, while popular, they aren't on the same tier as Maki, Umi and Eli, and they know it. So they're hunting girls at their level, not that Nico would ever admit it. Nozomi would but she knows it would hurt Nico's pride. Anyway, that's my re-read.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 10 Feb 23:24
joined Jan 5, 2015
56356449_p2

Bibi granting Nozomi's birthday wish? Or is it just Nozomi dreaming about them doing it?

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 10 Feb 23:22
joined Jan 5, 2015
47515930_p0

ari-chan my guess is Nozomi doesn't worry enough about whether Nico can breathe when she's being Oppai-ed.

joined Jan 5, 2015

So, this is about Nozomi and who? The title does not match the story :0

I dunno, maybe you need to check again. The title and story seem sync up just fine.

But it could have used a little fan service, IMO.

(on edit) it seriously was heartwarming and unambiguously a Nico x Nozomi ROMANCE and not BFF.

last edited at Feb 10, 2019 11:56PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

I don't get what this doujin is about. It seems to involve Nico and Nozomi somehow.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Main girl is a nice girl and a gentlewoman.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I hate Yae, besides, she likes men and is a milf, the daughter it could out something good, the other teacher, hmmmm, i don't know, but for now, I preferred 100 times Kusanagi and daughter

Isn't it Kusanagi's fault she never told Yae she loved her? How was Yae to know, to make a choice?