Forum › Posts by risingstar3110

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

My biggest complaint is why Rin do her hair on bed!!

joined Feb 15, 2013

The best part of this manga probably is the smug Hazumi

last edited at Oct 17, 2018 3:01AM

risingstar3110
Anime season 15 Oct 09:52
joined Feb 15, 2013

fire arrows are useless! you can't burn down fotress with it!

Golden Kamuy is fk up! gourmet with humans taxidermy!
the gourmet part is so unnecessary.

The manga explained that because it was an old elven wooden fortress which is very easily burnt, indicating that GS did his homework before hand here.

Honestly I don't like the adaptation of Goblin Slayer, as despite keeping some of the brutal screen, they really lightened up the overall tone. I fear these shocking rape and gore screen will look quite out of place later

Enjoy Zombieland Saga so far. It gave me a Flip Flappers vibe for some reasons. Hopefully it will have as gay ending

last edited at Oct 15, 2018 9:58AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Kobayashi is 100% gay!! Fight me!!

risingstar3110
Image Comments 10 Oct 22:54
joined Feb 15, 2013

This is right in there in the uncanny valley between 'very light-heart joke' and 'too ridiculous that it has to be a joke'.

And yes, that what make it creepy

Edit: oh wait it got deleted

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

but whats in the diary?

My understanding is the whole dj was just imagination diary by Riko. But Yoshiko ended up buying into that idea in the end

risingstar3110
Image Comments 03 Oct 01:51
joined Feb 15, 2013
2mmceqz

^ That's not even remotely the weirdest things in Conan universe

After around 10 Christmas, 10 New Years, Conan and his friends still stuck in primary school. That is the most ridiculous things in that universe

Btw, I didn't realise I need Ayumi x Haibara in my life until now

last edited at Oct 3, 2018 1:54AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Well, yeah, it had all the subtlety of a bat to the face. But I just wasn't in the mood to read about her awful parents abandoning her after she got raped, no matter how ridiculous the presentation.

Maybe that's why they have to cut it from the anime, because the anime is a more mainstream media and that gonna hit too close too home. I mean yandere girl who stab people is the eyes are way worse, but it's much less realistic. Single mother from rape being abandoned by parents, turned into abusive murderer may stir some massive complaints

In the same way, I have hope for the manga that its ending gonna be different to the anime. Considering that the anime goes so generic mainstream conclusion with the yandere girl died, the pedo guy gone crazy, the crazy aunt and the predator teacher got arrested. The manga however can go much more unorthodox. Finger-crossed a Satou x Shio ending is still on the card

last edited at Oct 3, 2018 1:21AM

risingstar3110
Anime season 02 Oct 10:22
joined Feb 15, 2013

My fear of Happy Sugar Life came true. As the last 3 episodes, the anime just start to rush through every manga events and cut out every possible details that they can cut.

The fact is:
- Ep 1 adapted 1 chapter
- Ep 2-9 adapted 23 chapters (3 chapters/ episode)
- Ep 10-11 adapted 14 chapters (7 chapters/ episode)
- Ep 12 looked like it gonna adapt like 10 chapters

What's a shame, the anime staffs probably already tried their best. But the last 3 chapters ruined the adaptation for me

last edited at Oct 2, 2018 10:29AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I could think of many good endings for Satou, where her crime can be forgiven

Reincarnation is one. Regardless whether both died or only Satou do. Having a grown-up (empty jar) Shio stumble upon a disbanded reincarnated loli Satou could finish the cycle of their love.

Amnesia works similarly the same way, where Satou lost memories of her past life, except for her eternal love toward Shio. Maybe the two was separated and then somehow walked pass and united with each other on the side road.

A darker twisted ending. Imaging after the apartment fire, the scene changed to us seeing someone who looked like Satou's aunt sitting inside a dark room. Then the sounds of key drops and a couple of knocks on the apartment door. The Satou's aunt-look-a-like quickly rush out toward the door where a grown-up Shio was there just came back from her part-time job. Basically Satou was seriously injured and handicapped due to the apartment fire, and she spent the rest of her life confined in an apartment the same way her aunt was. Except this time, she is the one who stay home waiting patiently everyday for Shio to come back from her work (which once again finish the manga where it starts).

Ultimate happy ending will however be the parallel universe route. As Satou fell down from the apartment rooftop, another Satou in alternative universe waked up in the middle of her class after school. Next to her was her best friend Shouko, her male friend Mitsuboshi, and the new transferred student Asahi. On the way home, Satou meet the shy kouhai Shu, and then her cheerful aunt who told her that they have a new neighbor starting today, which is then revealed to be Yuuna and Shio.

Having Satou possessing Shio in the anime is a decent option. But we honestly don't know how it would end ultimately. Does it mean Shio is already whole and she never need to love anyone anymore? That's what the anime hinted at, right? (Considering that's what happened when Satou said the same line). Or was it Satou who finally got the ultimate happy ending as she and Shio basically merged

last edited at Oct 1, 2018 10:41AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Hopefully the manga ends differently since the anime rushed so badly through all of the manga events in last 3 episodes. Backstory of Yuuna is massive. Satou's flashback on her life previous to Shio is massive. Where is all of my aunty (best girl!!) moments? The driving license sparking gold? And all of her interaction with Mitsuboshi? Where is my 'Oniichan'???

Adaptation aside, the ending was only acceptable, but feel really vague and lacking. Which honestly kinda understandable since anime is a more mainstream medium, and have a murderer run free may not be the best optic (I feel that's why they ended up having most of the crazy characters getting arrested/ house arrested, and tone down Asahi's insanity level).

The manga ending better not bury-my-gay on us. Kinda afraid it will though

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 3:56AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Chapter 38 finally got translated...

I can't help myself but liking Satou's aunt. I laughed my ass off when Taiyou was trying to open her door, and she just appeared behind nonchalantly smiling "I'll open it for you".

And then she was like 'you are strangling people wrong, have to do it harder....Like God damn it, simply like her character so much

Saying that through, I kinda worry for the aunt. Plus the anime opening, means it's very likely that the petrol may spill and burn down the building somehow. Hope that she can cure Taiyou off being lolicon though

risingstar3110
Enough discussion 14 Sep 19:56
joined Feb 15, 2013

I will just assume that they are sisters.

Very-close sisters

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

As much as I love wincest, and as much as I love Aoki Ume, I honestly can't stand yuri bait at all.

If you put a yuri crush into the story, at least give her the same chance in the love triangle race. It's 2018 (I know the manga is older, but still), and just string us along with yuri crush won't do anymore.

If Aoki Ume want to do het, don't bait us with Ikuno. Feel extremely sorry for her character, being here just to bait in yuri fans, without any chance in hell having a happy ending

last edited at Sep 14, 2018 6:50PM

risingstar3110
Anime season 09 Sep 13:15
joined Feb 15, 2013

my holy god! that new happy sugar life episode.. it hit me so fucking hard! i had to sit for like 20 mins just to stop myself from shivering! props to the animators and directors for this insane episode!(and to ReoNa for her awesome singing voice) it's really hard to make a good horror/dark anime so they did a great job!

What's a pussy!! I watched it at 7pm during dinner, now is 3am , still can't sleep yet....

Half-joking aside, Happy Sugar Life probably is the only anime series that actually enhanced the manga experiences for me. The animation, and directing, and music are superb. Artfully in fact. And it's a faithful adaptation too, not like the Dragon maid waifu one where KyoAni created almost a new series based on original source of materials. I actually was wishing that I didn't read the manga beforehand just so I wouldn't know what coming up next

In fact, I afraid that the anime director was doing so well with playing with our heart string, that anime-only viewers are thinking of Satou as irredeemable. And with only 3-4 episode to go(?) I don't know they will have time to adapt everything and turn us around. I remember the manga hit me quite hard as well, but back then I had one whole month to cool off.

I means basic math. The 1st episode covered the first chapter. But since then it was 23 chapters were adapted into 8 episodes (average 3 each). There are at least another 16 chapters to go. Can they cram all of the backstory into just 1 episode and still keep the emotions in tact?

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 1:27PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Do the manga really have those stuff or some yuri stuff ?
If it yes i really need to read it, do someone know where the manga start from the last episode of the anime ?

Read from the start if you want the sense of reaping rewards after getting through painful time

If you just in for the slowburn yuri and the very heavy subtext, start from the school trip arc, which is around chapter 68

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 4:46AM

risingstar3110
1 x ½ discussion 06 Sep 22:14
joined Feb 15, 2013

Motherfucker (pun intended), another love rival added into the mix.

Asuka and Ayako retionship is driven entirely by jealousy, aren’t they?

last edited at Sep 6, 2018 10:14PM

risingstar3110
Image Comments 23 Aug 08:03
joined Feb 15, 2013
68100327_p0

^Nah, it's couple of months old

risingstar3110
Kanamemo discussion 22 Aug 07:27
joined Feb 15, 2013

Yeah chapter 49 is totally gay as heck

risingstar3110
Citrus discussion 22 Aug 07:25
joined Feb 15, 2013

Don't even follow this manga entirely. But at least it has a proper conclusive ending with public marriage and all.

risingstar3110
Opapagoto discussion 22 Aug 06:57
joined Feb 15, 2013

Apparently the author really just released a dj earlier this month on this. Some preview is as below: https://mobile.twitter.com/siraume_nazuna/status/1029577507291295744/photo/1

He/she seems to like Opapagoto a fair bit though. So hopefully some company will pick it up for it to continue.

Haruhi x Yukari marriage is tough on the husband:
https://mobile.twitter.com/siraume_nazuna/status/1026007389751799808/photo/1

last edited at Aug 22, 2018 6:58AM

risingstar3110
Opapagoto discussion 22 Aug 01:19
joined Feb 15, 2013

The author recently wrote some interesting stuff, and confirmed some endings and the yuri. If you can read Japanese, take a look if you like. Scroll down to tweets from Jan 3.

https://twitter.com/siraume_nazuna

Could someone translate those tweets?

Really quick but basically...

Haruhi and Yukari graduate and Haruhi ends up leaving without any persuasion from Yukari because Haruhi was concerned about Yukari's future. 10 years later, they suddenly meet at the garden where they said goodbye and Yukari smiles at her the same way she did all those years ago. Haruhi finds out that Yukari never married. Yukari tells her that even though she experienced the outside world, Haruhi was always her number 1 and asks Haruhi if she thought so to. Seeing Yukari with so much determination and devotion for her, Haruhi finally understands love and they have a happy end. Also, Yukari is saying "I could never love anyone but you" in the sketch.

Ive read the raws when it came out and I can do chapter summaries for those itching to know what kind of happens in the chapters, will be very brief though!

Is that the epilogue? Well..they got married anyway so no complains xDD

That is given!!

The only question is whether they will adopt any of the kids

risingstar3110
Opapagoto discussion 22 Aug 01:17
joined Feb 15, 2013

And I don't get what happen with Ayumi and her story?

Ayumi was rejected in the last chapter, she confessed she loved haruhi but she replied that she liked her the same way she likes her other "children".

WHY SHE EVEN HAVE THIS FEELINGS TO MC!!?? I'm angry because I don't see any romantic development in hole series, but in the end author randomly picked "father" and "mother" and say "well...they will be lover". And then I read comments and everybody do hype over this ending?! Why? How it's even work?

Eh... what do you mean? They have been having a fair bit of relationship development isn’t it?

Firstly Yukari was just playing the role of the wife by the book (the honey moon). But she enjoyed the time together so much, and even started to become possessive/ jealous when Haruhi spent time with other girls or think other girls’ traits cute (cooking arc), Then she realised that she didn’t know much about Haruhi at all, hence she want to know her more ( the date), where their relationship jumped a fair bit as Haruhi sacrifice herself, got beaten up to save Yukari. Then this final arc where the kids could not bring Haruhi back, so Yukari went with the forcing approach (buying her debt off) and made Haruhi realised that being there was what she really wanted.

risingstar3110
Opapagoto discussion 21 Aug 02:01
joined Feb 15, 2013

This could be my favourite yuri manga of all time...

Holy crap, that kiss and confession was perfect. Both of them.

And the kids were awesome, packed with so much characters even when they are in the background. Just marry Yukari and adopt them , Haruhi!!!

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

And a side note: In Asian countries, women are supposed to be feminine. Like, men can be dick, but women must meet their standard. Pardon my French, but I'm an Asian man and I find this sexist as fck.

It worked both ways though. There is reason why men in Japan and Korea worked to death (literally sometime) because they are under social pressure to provide for the family.

And all of the divorce because the husband lost his job