Forum › Posts by Dayominator

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

is obiously not midoris fault what happened to her so far , and i´d be nice if she could break out of her current situacion but her relationship with maki is also not healthy(not for maki at least).
if tazune wasn´t such an asshole i highly doubt she would choose maki, this is not like creascent moon and doughnuts where the MC struggles to be "normal" and feels uncorfotable at the idea of being in relationship with a men, midori and tazune actually have some kind of chemistry at first, If the plot didn´t demand tazune to be an asshole for the sake of yuri they could actually be cute couple, right now midori has two options live a shitty life with a shitty person or the yuri route that´s it (not much of a choice tbh).

And lets face it the way midori has treated maki so far is actually pretty cruel,
she didn´t give a fuck about maki back then,
why midori never looked for maki all these years? why she wants her back at her life right now?. is because she really loves her? or is just because her life is a complete mess and maki is the only person in her life that is not a piece of shit and shows some human decency
i read a post on this thread that couldn´t be more truth
midori deserves to be happy but not with maki

I disagree with quite a lot of this.

Tazune and Midori didn't really have chemistry. Midori just didn't want to be lonely, and Tazune paid attention to her. Aside from their first meeting, every other instance she's uncomfortable and forcing herself to go along when around him.

Midori in high school left Maki behind, but we don't really have a full look into her psyche. We don't know how she really felt back then. She could have genuinely cared and loved Maki but a concern about their future being so young had her push away. Meeting years later through pure happenstance likely lit a fire under her about the person she loved and felt comfortable with.

I'm not saying Midori is blameless of course. How she has treated Maki has been confusing and left Maki uncertain of a lot of things and sad because she doesn't understand if she's wanted or not. But these are things that the two also haven't had ANY chances to sit down and actually TALK about because Midori is stuck in an abusive relationship that she feels like she can't escape. Hell, it's obvious Midori felt bad about leading Maki on and that's why she wanting to try and distance herself again. But it seems like Tazune being more physically abusive has made her seek out Maki again because she's an abused spouse who is in a tough spot and seeking comfort and doesn't know how to handle the situation and feels like she has to continue to go along with it likely because she's pregnant.

it's messy, it's confusing, but it's grounded quite a bit in reality. I think Maki and Midori can work, but it's a matter of getting away from Tazune and giving them the chance to really talk to one another heart to heart.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Also 16 chapters is definitely longer than I thought this series would be. But honestly I'm excited. it'll probably be kind of painful but this manga is very... smart in a way. These characters feel incredibly real no matter how hard it is to look at.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

yeah this guy needs deep psychological help after being arrested for abuse. He was abusive from the very start and now his true colors are shining through even further.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I keep telling myself I wish the whole "secretly a girl" thing wasn't drawn out for so long and then I remembered that Mochi is writing this, and she's the queen of drawing things out unnecessarily long for the Funnies(tm) and she could do this shit for 100 chapters if she wants to and we'll all just sit and deal with it.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I want Midori to be able to be happy with Maki honestly. She doesn't need to become a saint. She deserves to feel actual happiness but she trapped herself thinking there was no escape.

well with her getting stupidly impregnated what kind of escape could she possibly find with a baby on the road?i think she and her man are made for each other. two jerks together that fits pretty well anyway. she don't deserves maki. i find that for once seeing the dumper paying for their mistake is pretty satisfying.

uhm 1. she doesn't necessarily have to keep the baby and 2. if she does, it in no way obligates her to stay with the dude. I really doubt he wanted kids based on his attitude, especially the way he laughs it off as "are you sure it's mine?" he's a fucking asshole and she doesn't deserve being treated like that.

she wanted an escape from the loneliness she was feeling and got caught in an emotionally abusive relationship. It happens to a lot of people, and some can never escape, but those who receive support from other people (like Maki) can make recoveries. I don't think that makes her a jerk either, that's so dumb to even say. she's just worried about her future and as we learned was left alone by her family to the point that it left her with some serious trauma. she's thinking she has to give up the things that would actually make her happy in order to not be alone and she needs the chance to heal. The reason she's thinking about Maki is cause she realizes she feels safe and secure with her. Maki alleviates the loneliness and anxiety in a different way than other people around her, possibly because of their history and lingering feelings.

I don't think Maki alone is the solution to all Midori's problems, she realistically needs mental help to help her get over her trauma and the feeling of being abandoned/alone/etc, but Midori needs a safety net to help push her forward and Maki seems like the only person who genuinely cares enough about her to help.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Ahh this hurts but I understand what Midori was thinking. Wouldn't have been what I'd have done but loneliness is hard to deal with. Then her relationship turned abusive and manipulative but she didn't want to be alone.

I want Midori to be able to be happy with Maki honestly. She doesn't need to become a saint. She deserves to feel actual happiness but she trapped herself thinking there was no escape.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

it feels like it will end in poly but i really don't want it too ahhhh

also i don't see why parents couldn't be a succubus/incubus couple. they never implied they were unable have kids together and get the sustenance they need from other people still.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Never been a big polyamory fan but I'll read it because canno.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This new retelling seems way more focused on the story. I like it way better so far. It still has the comedic kicks but without being drawn out with endless side gags that slowed down the pacing between nekozaki and mikoto. This second chapter really nailed that I'm for me.

As much as I love Arata Iri the original felt like nothing ever happened. It was slow as hell. This was a much needed change.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 11:27AM

Dayominator
Friends discussion 26 Jan 23:59
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Don't like it. Feels like it's pushing something about how people being bullied make it up for attention, and that rubs me the wrong way hard.

I think this is more a yandere-esque situation. especially cause she's faking her own bullying/the bullying of another to keep one person close to her and separate her from potential friends. She's basically manipulating her friend to keep her close rather than faking the bullying for attention if that makes sense.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

honestly I'm also in the boat of REVEAL HER DAMN SECRET ALREADY. the gag can only go on so long. their relationship won't develop like this.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

gregnant

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Some people like kids (shocker), a lot of kids have step parents who love them more than their biological parents. Yoshino never thought she'd have a kid because shes gay (and getting a donor in Japan isn't easy) and it seems like Yae was more focused on caring for her daughter rather than finding a new relationship so no idea how that makes her a whore. Yae wanted kids and gave up a worthless relationship with a moron of a guy for her daughter. Good for her.

No one got cucked either lol did you even read it properly.

This is probably my favorite from this author though. The Rocky uncertain relationship that ended up with two broken hearts because they couldn't communicate past their casual relationship. But they ended up finding one another as stable adults who finally sorted things out.

I have no idea how anyone could dislike this one honestly.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh I'm here for this yup

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

A really great story, something about this artist's style and monster girls really goes well together.
I am confused by the first page though, did Clare kill her friends because they discovered Alynn and her daughter? That's... kinda fucked up.

She basically made a choice. Either have the ones she love be killed by her "friends", or kill her friends and save their lives. If she had let her friends live more people would have come to kill them. We also don't know how close she really was with those friends. Obviously they were close, but there was no real good way it could have gone in this case.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I was so confused but I won't say no to Arata Iri she is a queen at comedy

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh no more autobiographical manga from actual lesbian authors?? We don't deserve such an amazing treat

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I do like this series. It's certainly a tad cliche in some respects but in others it's true to situations that people deal with.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

omg yes I loved this author's other series I'm so glad they're doing more yuri ahhhh

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I know this series has been finished for a while now in Japan but I'm still bummed it had to end so abruptly. I wish we'd gotten to see more because I love Arata Iri and their sense of humor. To finally have one of my favorites be fully translated and come to an end hurts but is so good at the same time.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

wouldn't be itou hachi without loli nonsense. hopefully the little girl will actually wait until she's older.

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

oh.,.. oh my

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Don't ruin my Yuri ending hopes and dreams

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

The thought of being gay /and/ dating sent Aira into an immediate panic. Good series. Quality content

Dayominator
Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

oh no i like Kaede a lot. most senpai stories end up with the senpai having done something wrong. but Shion was young and confused and hurt her senpai instead. hopefully kaede gets a good end