Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BoobTwinkler posted:

Wow, I can't believe hamster-chan just let them take pics of her massive dumptruck like that!

This manga has an animal for everyone, and that director is my spirit animal

Could you not mock my people by misusing the phrase "spirit animal" please?

That's not mockery, chill.

https://www.spiralnature.com/spirituality/spirit-animal-cultural-appropriation/

Nice opinion-piece you linked there, still nonsense.
Someone using "spirit animal" as a joke on the internet doesn't stop you or anyone else from using the term properly nor does it negate the cultural significance and meaning it has to your people. Stop taking offense from something harmless just because you don't like it.

Please crusade for something constructive instead, like helping the poor.

Yeah, let's not do this. It might be a harmless joke but there are problems with this sort of thing. Most notably this:

Someone using "spirit animal" as a joke on the internet doesn't stop you or anyone else from using the term properly nor does it negate the cultural significance and meaning it has to your people.

Is in fact not true and the reason why people started getting pissy about cultural appropriation in the first place.

Please crusade for something constructive instead, like helping the poor.

Also this was completely unnecessary and borders on violating rule #1.

Being overly aggressive, insulting, or generally a jerk is against the rules.

This part is easily construed as some condescending bullshit attempt to try and negate 2SpiritCherokeePrincess's point.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Image Comments 15 Mar 05:33
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014
47919995_p0

@QuattroBajina

Don't make posts like this. It violates the site's rules. You've been given a one day ban this time but in the future it will be longer.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Image Comments 15 Mar 05:33
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014
86762534_p0

@QuattroBajina

Don't make posts like this. It violates the site's rules. You've been given a one day ban this time but in the future it will be longer.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

luinthoron posted:

Hey, what's up? Try to download this chapter today and it tells me that I have exceeded the download limit. I just downloaded 1 chapter just today and the limit is 8, what is happening?

Likely you downloaded more yesterday and it hasn't been quite 24 hours yet.

To elaborate on this, to my knowledge the server logs the time of each of your downloads. So you need to wait 24 hours after your first download to get a ninth rather than your downloads resetting at midnight in the server's timezone like you might expect.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

majere posted:

AvyJae posted:

Poly haters can eat shit, polyamorous folks deserve to be represented, too.

You could word this in a far less inflammatory way. It's understandable some people don't care for it having a sudden polyamory development. There was no indication until now that this was the way it would turn out. If there had been then plenty of people, such as myself, wouldn't have bothered reading it because we don't enjoy polyamory at all.

Comments that boil down to "Ew I hate the way other people love" get pretty exhausting and the hypocrisy of it in a community largely dedicated to manga about queer people is also pretty grating. It's annoying when people feel the need to shit all over your identity in the extremely sparse instances where you get any representation of it.

And that is fair. But simply shitting on people for disagreeing with your views isn't cool. Especially when it borders on breaking the site's rules as AvyJae's post did. Plus there is a difference between someone not personally caring for something like polyamory and actively denying it at all. In my case, for example, it's not something I care for. Thus when stories are uploaded that feature it as a tag, I tend to actively avoid it rather than do like some people and read it then complain. In this case though, that wasn't an option to begin with. And that seems to be the root of the complaint for many of the others who are complaining. (That and some who are viewing it as a lazy solution to a love triangle, which can be a valid criticism.)

To be clear, I (and from what I've seen, nobody else complaining about it here) aren't saying that polyamory can't be a thing or that stories involving it shouldn't be uploaded to the site. People are just expressing their personal distaste for it and that they're less interested in the series now.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

AvyJae posted:

Poly haters can eat shit, polyamorous folks deserve to be represented, too.

You could word this in a far less inflammatory way. It's understandable some people don't care for it having a sudden polyamory development. There was no indication until now that this was the way it would turn out. If there had been then plenty of people, such as myself, wouldn't have bothered reading it because we don't enjoy polyamory at all.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

pumpkinmonster posted:

otaku-kun is kinda cute tho

Quit making multiple posts in a row. If you need to add something to your post use the edit button. It kinda exists for a reason. Several posts in a row for one line replies makes things more difficult to read.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

luinthoron posted:

The interesting thing about this chapter is, if you really think about what Kurokawa said, she essentially confessed right there as well, but her inferiority complex keeps her thinking they shouldn't be together.

So I'm not the only one who got that impression. If you take out the crap about her inferiority complex it's really difficult to read it as anything other than a confession of her own, lol. Hopefully Nanaki isn't too shocked by her outburst and getting turned down to realize this detail.

luinthoron posted:

I think the response, to Kurokawa's melodramatic B.S., Fujishima was looking for was "Who I fall in love with is my choice".

That is not really wrong, but it's not enough. She also needs to make Kurokawa see that it's alright for her to be loved by Fujishiro, that she is actually equal to her, or Kurokawa will keep rejecting her anyway.

I think that the best solution to the issue (past Kurokawa seeing a therapist) is for Nanaki to get her to realize that she's far from the ideal person Kurokawa sees her as. It wouldn't actually solve Kurokawa's inferiority complex issue at its root but it could at least solve this specific issue.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

tragicheroine posted:

SPOILER
This series gonna be polyamory. At first its gonna be a little ntr tho.
Congrats to who expect this to happen. Lol.

If you don't know how to tag spoilers then don't post them. You can find information on formatting posts here and I recommend you reading the rest of that thread seeing as you clearly haven't or else you would have seen the formatting post I linked.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lizbo posted:

This bot posted in the "Introduce Yourself...?" thread that's been dead for six years, and didn't even introduce itself! Now that's just plain rude.

Taken care of.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

b58 posted:

she's so fucking angry lmao

That's because she has a point, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nya-chan posted:

It's between girls. It doesn't count.

They just need to try harder. Repeatedly if it still doesn't work.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Loading kinda slow 22 Feb 12:02
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I've pretty much globally had this problem for months myself. Though I'm on the west coast of the US and not Malaysia. I've largely just worked around it by using Mangadex for actually reading things whenever possible.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

H A U S posted:

Aaand just as expected. sigh

You were the one who brought moderators into this so I'm not sure what you expected

Nya-chan seems to have in this forum huge powers that the rest of us have not.

Their identity had literally nothing to do with my decision on the matter. I'd already made said decision before going and checking who Akiji was even replying to. Any other user making the same post Nya-chan did would have been excused for making that post.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

OrangePekoe posted:

Hey, do you need an RSS feed only for your subscriptions, or one for the whole site? There are default RSS feeds (at least), that you can use below.

Recently Released
Recently Added

Edit: Sorry for the late reply, I was very sick. Happy to help now if I still can.

If they need to find the one for their subscriptions they can run the following code in their browser console (should open with F12 in both Firefox and Chrome) to get the proper url with its token:

document.querySelectorAll("link").forEach(function(e,i,a){    
    if (e.href.match(/notifications/)) {    
        console.log(e.href);    
    }    
});    
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Akiji posted:

How dare they. You should totally complain to the moderators.

You don't need to make useless passive aggressive posts like this. Nya-chan's post was giving constructive criticism and not just shitting on the translator so there's not really a problem with it.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

2SpiritCherokeePrincess posted:

Here in the Willamette Valley we got an ice storm instead of snow last week. It weighed down tree limbs till they broke--damaging houses, cars & power lines. Oregon's governor declared a state of emergency. My electricity thankfully came back yesterday morning; there are still neighborhoods in the dark. ...

I'm just glad my house was, for once, not one of those who lost power for several days. Last time we had no power for three or four days straight. This time it was only 12 hours. Which was actually 12 hours quicker than PGE was estimating for the power to come back on. This was by far the worst snow storm I've ever seen though and, from what I've heard, was apparently the worst we've had in 50 years.

last edited at Feb 17, 2021 9:01PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

Well, it's not a comment on the tag itself.

It's a comment on the Het tag. Take it to the Het tag discussion. "Why is there het here?" is the most fucking tiresome comment I see on this site. You do not decide what the people who run the site upload, and there's nothing wrong with this story, so knock it off.

-Backseat moderating, i.e. "You're gonna get banned when the mods come," "How have you not been banned yet?" "Is such a short ban really acceptable?" etc. You may report any concerning posts in the Help thread and they will be reviewed by the mod team.

You need to quit it with the backseat moderating. You do this far too frequently.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lizbo posted:

The Manga General Thread seems to have attracted some dubious posts. And one back in 2013 by a user who clearly hadn't read the manga they were commenting on in their other spam post. I haven't clicked on any of the links, but I suspect they're in violation of rule 5.

And this guy seems to be living on a different planet from the rest of us, what with his invitation to get together and travel the world...

Dealt with all of those.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

onlyseulrene posted:

but tbh I’m not quite fond of the whole “I can turn you ___” vibe though,, just bc it’s gay doesn’t mean it’s right to say you can change someone’s sexuality :|

You could interpret it differently. Rather than changing her sexuality, it could be a matter of realizing that's how she was to begin with and that she'd just repressed it due to societal pressure and not even noticed.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well that was more or less the development I was expecting. I really wasn't expecting Fujishiro to just floor the gas pedal like that though, lol. I kinda figured it'd take at least a few chapters.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Blueblur posted:

There's a speedscan of ch. 31 floating around that doesn't seem like it's uploaded anywhere, I assume it's not kosher to discuss anything from it until the Cyan Steam version is released?

Unless it's a scan that uses Cyan Steam's translation before they've finished their release, it should be fine so long as you spoiler tag anything about the chapter.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Quisty posted:

I bet you also think piracy is theft and torrenting is unethical, and that we should "support studios creators and artists" by consooming.
Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to be such an as*hole, but go ahead and keep consooming.

Also, at risk of being banned (again), why is dynasty such a pus*y? I come here since is one the bests sources for yuri manga, but theres a lot of other sites that dgaf about licensed content. This also applies to other issues like loli manga. I mean, there's certain loli manga that hasn't been updated here for some reason but in other site there are like 10 new chapters now.

Don't make posts like this.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Jeanne Mathison posted:

Meanwhile, immigrant women and kids are sold in some back-alleys. You can hammer that it's illegal, but then, brothels enabled that way of thinking: bodies can be bought and sold.

Nya-chan in 1930:

"Legal drinking is bad! The legalization of alcohol has enabled the rise of an army of moonshiners and bootleggers! Inspired by the legal market, a violent black market for illegal liquor has flourished! Mob wars ravage our cities! People die from lead and methanol poisoning! Homicides have increased 20%! Drug addiction has increased 50%! Organized crime has increased to a level never seen before! It's all the fault of legal drinking!"
"...."
"Oh oopsies never mind, it was PROHIBITION that brought all that! It's THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! Shucks, I was all mixed up! Teehee, my bad!"

You can make your point without having to make a personal attack on another user. You could have simply compared the mindset of people who supported prohibition to what was being said without having to put words in Nya-chan's mouth.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BV posted:

Though I agree with most of what you said, @Alice Cheshire, I do think we have slightly different interpretations concerning this:

Kurokawa hasn't quite realized what her feelings for Fujishiro even are yet.

I kinda interpreted Kurokawa as already knowing she loves Fujishiro, but thinking herself unworthy of being Fujishiro's GF.

Still, just like you and several others, I highly doubt this is gonna go a way similar to Girl Friends. The guy's def gonna be rejected early next ch.

That's a fair interpretation, though I'm personally of the mind that it's less feeling she's unworthy than mistaking what she feels towards Fujishiro as admiration due to the whole princess thing.