Forum › Posts by La duchesse de Pecquigny

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I love this manga. The way the author conducts the flow of time, the way the narrative pace enfolds the inner monologue of the mc are so nice.

That's like Aoto Hibiki's signature move, isn't it?

He's the author of A Collar? Do you know other mangas by him?

joined Jun 7, 2021

I don't follow this story much anymore (but I'm pretty excited with the spin off with magical girls! didja see it?)

There's a spinoff manga with magical-girl lolis?

Where can I read it???

And this is the series description: Spin-off of Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga arimasu. Same degeneracy, but with magical girls.

https://mangadex.org/title/bd7fc050-7cc5-4fc7-98d9-69677e2362b9/tokimeke-mahou-youjo-kokopure

It's also here on Dynasty.

THANK YOU!!!

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I'm a tad disappointed, I liked this arc but I think the light novel handled the windup better. As for the reasons, I'm not gonna repeat what Lysilya already explained very well; just read the spoiler-texted part of her comment, she put it better than I could have.

joined Jun 7, 2021

I don't follow this story much anymore (but I'm pretty excited with the spin off with magical girls! didja see it?)

There's a spinoff manga with magical-girl lolis?

Where can I read it???

joined Jun 7, 2021

Oh man….Botan and I got played like a fiddle. I was thinking the same thing Botan, poor girl.

I don't follow at all, who played Botan? Ibuki? Chou?

It doesn't seem to me that we should feel sorry for the “poor girl” as on the contrary it looks like the right time for love confessions has arrived. Next chapter should normally bring an “I luv u / I luv u 2” betwixt Botan and Ibuki as a logical followup (and if it doesn't I'll call cheap copout).

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Worst two things about your average garbage rom-com with male protagonist are:

1) He's really average or below average looking man with little to no redeeming qualities.

And yet for some reason every woman within 10 kilometers wants him, and is willing to go incredibly degrading lengths to make that happen, regardless of what their characterization should be, based on their age / education level / general personality.

It's way worse than reverse of this is in shoujo, there the worst problem is that all men are "perfect", more like gods than real people.

2) Harem aspect. Women may compete for a guy, but most of the time it stays unnaturally civil, and often even the most jealous woman will end up being happy to share with other competitors, even though none of them is getting any real satisfaction or attention from him. Nobody ever walks away from the competition either in anger after feeling rejected. They all stay in the plot, and sometimes are still after this nobody even when he managed to force himself to "choose one".

Yuri harems are rare, and usually lampoon the concept or make it seem more plausible. Like "She Gets Girls Every Day", where the protagonist is incredibly attractive and sweet girl, who arguably really could charm every non-straight woman she meets.

What's a yuri harem anyway? Off the top of my head I don't remember that many. I can think of two that are updated regularly and I follow: Asumi is interested in Lesbian Brothels and Sorry I'm not Into Yuri. In the 1st one Asumi PAYS those girls to go on dates with her and have sex, arguably she's such a sweetheart she could charm them but not many seem to be seriously smitten with her. In the 2nd one the protagonist is a cute girl with a horrible personality (she's like the lead of a mainstream rom-com in her total lack of redeeming qualities) and she does have a female harem... but only after she drugged all those girls with a love potion! So yeah, the authors make a point of making it plausible.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Does anyone else think it is possible that Elsa is ALSO a person from the real world reborn into the game?

It's a canon fact that she has absolutely no idea how the villainess system works, or even that such a thing exists... so to answer you: sorry, nope.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
Kill Switch discussion 19 Apr 02:33
joined Jun 7, 2021

Wow they managed to make me feel bad for Hwayeon.
The anxiety of suspecting your lover is drifting to another person, and then someone texts you that they have been seen together rn this night, and you are desperately waiting for her to return to talk things out and try to save your relationship but the hours go by and she doesn't return...

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Incest roleplay

I found my new favorite thing. :)

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Anyways. This does fall back into my usual ideal of "Boy howdy do I love awful girls and women" trope. Which is great. If she gets better about it, that's fine, if she doesn't even better.

Y'know. Be gay, do crimes and all.

+1.

To put it in other words: I support women's rights; I support women's wrongs too.

joined Jun 7, 2021

That would be great. Because consequences. The scumbag has been getting away with everything so far, shit just slides off her. Karmic retribution, hello? Ever heard of that? Her bad actions should have consequences.

Maybe you should stop reading fiction with realistic figuration of characters.
Maybe you should stick to religious tracts and books of pious sermons.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
Fandom discussion 15 Apr 12:01
joined Jun 7, 2021

Links in the credits:

Thx so much for this, I wanted to check those links but I was feeling lazy and thinking it was a hassle to carefully & painstakingly type all those random letters and numbers by hand! Lol lucky me I don't have to do it after all, thx again!!!

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

This chapter was... like the first chapter of an entirely new manga, lol.

No brothels, no prostitutes, no sex, just pure and wholesome fun with two girls who start living together, go through lots of awkward doki-doki moments, and little by little start having feelings for each other.

Nanao starting to have feelings for Asumi is clear as day.
Asumi... I have doubts.
She has lines like «Seeing you eat happily makes me want to cook for you every day!» or «I wish I could run my fingers through her hair forever!» that sound like something a girl who's falling in love would say. At the same time she was ok with leaving after a week and didn't try to get Nanao to let her stay, and she already had a whore booked for that night!

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Oh shieeet, finally we have an explanation of the sisters reaction! Backstory time!

Feel free to bring on the spoilers!

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

The mom and auntie Ren definitely come across as exes, it seems like they on relatively good terms though which is nice.

I think that should be the case, yeah. Taking the elements we have and filling in the gaps with the simplest possible explanations in a Ockham's razor-y kind of way, I end up with something like this:

1) Mom and auntie Ren were lovers in college.
2) Mom dumped auntie Ren because, y'know, the usual reasons: "Gotta stop playing around, gotta grow up, gotta do my filial duty, gotta marry and have children!"
3) Mom married some guy and had Youzi. Then she divorced him because she's a lesbian and having to put out for him sucked big time and she couldn't take it anymore.
4) Mom became a famous actress, Ren became a famous singer.
5) They meet again (partly thanks to Youzi) and Ren finds out that mom is living alone and raising her kid by herself... and that she often sings to Youzi the secret love song she and Ren wrote together while in college.

Present time, Youzi suspects that mom and auntie Ren still love each other but are silly & useless about it. Maybe mom also feels guilty for hurting Ren before and feels she doesn't deserve to get her back.

This are my best guesses given the evidence we have.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Me when I turned from page 79 to page 80:

last edited at Mar 29, 2022 4:59PM

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I still can't figure out how Kashiwai will wriggle her way into this bizarre triangular confluence of love/hate emotions. Especially since one of the people involved is her goddamn boss.

Tsuzuki: « If you want to be my sweetie, you have to shag Hiroki and Fukunaga too! »

NO

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

That, and also she does have a reason to lie: to mess with Kashiwai Mizuki.

It's been made plain and obvious since they started interacting that Tsuzuki loves to mess with Mizuki's mind.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Everyone is so happy thinking that this is about polyamory and sexual fluidity... but me, all I have to say is: I'll believe Tsuzuki's story WHEN AND IF HIROKI AND FUKUNAGA CONFIRM IT, not before.

Seriously. Don't know why people are so ready to accept this shifty woman's words at face value.

THIS.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

"That place is dirty!"

The trademarked cry of distress of a zillion Japanese girls when about to receive Cunny L.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Anyone has a theory about why Haru made that face in page 19? It seems to be important seeing how they give the moment a giant panel & most of the page.

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 2:49PM

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I'm glad everyone seems to share this "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling. This is all just too good right now.

Yeah any time now it will be revealed that the nice friendly winged lion is actually a bad guy who made you sign a pact with the devil.
In other words, I love your avatar. ♡

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Oh noes Ji Youyan will try to help and protect Ningwei and the result will be that she will make Ningwei fall for her... I see it coming.......

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I'm hopelessly lost, didn't they say several times that the brunette was a beta? How come the omega blonde sniffs her and declares brunette is an alpha?

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Speaking about prostitution & brothel stories, anyone knows if these two are still in scanlation and we'll get new chaps at some point?

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/i_wouldnt_mind_being_loved

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/panel_x_magic