Forum › Posts by princess_daphie

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I think "man" is a more appropriate term. No offense to your translation, but to put it bluntly, changing it to boy throws away the entire point of his statement. He wants to make a stand for someone else, and in a young boy's eyes (I speak from personal experience), this is something that defines what a "man" is. It's a somewhat common trope. Him saying he's a boy is the same as saying he's a child. It's a given, and removes any significance the declaration has. You could change the word to "adult" and it would carry the same significance, but it would be different from the original translation.

Yeah, and that's how I saw it at first, but the more I thought about it, and it could also be about the boy vs girl contrast, boy protects girl, and that's where I was egging after all, which is why I changed it. Boy's like 5yo or something, him saying I'm a man is a bit extreme. You give me this POV, others gave me the other one. \o_o/ lol

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Sees tags: Horror, Tentacles, Prostitution, Violence
Nope! Never! Not in a million years!
Sees scanlator: Daphie's
Mmm...Okay, guess I'll give it a shot.

Thank you, that's really reassuring for me to know some people appreciate the work I put into this!

Thank you everyone who read and commented as well! ^_^

As for some commenter who got hooked on the word "man", I actually made a couple minor fixes, and that included changing panels around that word. Just so you know, the word used in JP was "otoko" and it can translate as either man or boy, and normally the burden of interpretation would be put upon you the reader, but I had to make a choice. In retrospect, I decided to change it to the word "boy", plus couple minor changes.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Ah a cute chapter! Koharu telling her she loved her even out of context and not the way she wanted was just too adorable as well as her reaction to it xD. Honestly I felt she wasn't even addicted to the gatcha persay I think she just wanted to get a bunch of stuff Koharu didn't have so she could hear an I love you again after giving her anything she got that she didn't have xD

Daphie You're amazing as always with what you do thank you for another great chapter of this <3

YW! (I'm getting some help from the Spanish TL group Shiro Translation as well lately for this title, it helps!)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as well :) I'm sure that's what happened after the first successful pull, Ayase certainly went overboard to shower Koharu with kindness. As you said, let's hope she received a couple happy hugs and ILYs as well ^_^

I love onee-loli, but OL x OL is totally fine too.

OL x OL x loli is fine too.

And now since we know Mio has a weak spot for Ayase, what about OL x loli x OL x loli? >_<

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

as much as I kinda wanted nagisa to just go in and say everything this is probably a better more realistic option really, confessing to ai now just puts her in a very hard to navigate spot since this manga is grounded in reality lol

While I do agree with you, Nagisa is also young, and his feelings are overflowing. His plan involves years of keeping his feelings in a box. Like. How, haha! Also, Ai is definitely gonna stay oblivious and risks meeting someone, his little heart won't like that, lolI

I dunno, I'm just rotten for romance no matter what ^_^

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I hope your back feels better soon, Daphie!

Thank you, I hope so too (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

people age and mature at vastly different speed, both physically and mentally. and maturity is not 100% needed to make a relationship succeed either. i just love these stories. love that goes beyond normal established societal parameters.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm getting really good vibes from this one, I'm all in! Really feels like a worthy successor to kami eshi jk to ol fujoshi! And Kirin-kun beat me to it, lol!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Definitely some of the most wholesome newlywed play I've ever seen. Thank you, Daphie.

You're welcome! I really thought the chapter was super cute too!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

koharu were you ever alive when la noire came out

The very classic "Press X to doubt" in the corner was an amazing touch.

I thought it was funny and fit well :D

Just when I thought Ayase couldn't be any more pathe- I mean, relatable

Definitely. Who wouldn't want to be spoiled rotten by a caring Koharu?!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I kinda just thought the tag was made just for Daphie since she's prone to giving us non yuri stuff at times lol.

Either way cute one shot

Exactly, I uploaded it and initially gave it no genre tag, then someone said "if it's two girls, it's yuri", so i added "yuri", but then i got dissed that i had been bamboozled, lol, so I removed it, but I wanted to be sure those who know me realize that this is not het, lol, you were right!

Happy you and a couple others are enjoying it!! <3

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Hmm, not to start a yuri-or-not-yuri discussion, but to me this looks much more like her adopting the cactus girl as a mother/older sister than anything romantic. And tbh, with how childish the girl looks I am more comfortable with that anyway

For future reference, that tag has been removed.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I have no idea exactly what you’re objecting to—could you please restate your main point as simply as possible?

I thought the point was pretty obvious:

It's that I do not understand how two women, who are into gay men, are also into women, yet do not engage in media that has anything to do with women.

It’s the phrase “do not engage in media” that I find to be obscure—does this mean “do not create media” or “do not read’ or “do not follow avidly” or what?

People like what they like—that doesn’t mean that their preferred genres for either creation or consumption must somehow reflect their own lives.

This all sounds like a version of saying, “I’d expect lesbians to be into yuri rather than yaoi.” Some are, some aren’t, some are into both.

It was difficult to fathom for me too at first, but I just decided to stop giving it too much thought, like you said, people like what they like, regardless of their IRL dispositions. The reason why it's difficult to understand for me (and some others I guess) is that I like what I like, IRL and in media. Things are in line.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

So I just finished chapter 10. And I sympathize with Misumi feelings towards ai, but not vice versa. Maybe cuz I don't tend to find younger people attractive... But also I'm wondering like I'm 33 and like... liking a minor is not okay.

That said! Maybe I only feel that way because all the older people I've talked to said that they can't like me back. Maybe we've passed this bias on for generations for better or worse.

I totally sympathize with both :) I remember liking some of my senpais in life when I was young, but I also liked many girls younger than me, and it just stayed that way for all my life so far.

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 12:14PM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I like this manga with each chapter more =o)
thanks a lot for the translation!
but I've a question: in ch. 5, in page 12,
isn't the order of the list incorrect? not nude peoples are the hardest to draw, it's people in clothes that are the hardest to draw, because wrinkles are not easy to draw (depending on accuracy). at least that's my impression when I try to draw people ;o) and the teacher sounds somewhat similar in this chapter. but at the same time she tells him that he's doing it in the wrong order.... so maybe it's still right?

YW! And I double-checked the original text and as far as I can understand it, the translation is correct.

From how I understand things, teacher first mentions that nude is harder to "fake" than clothed bodies. Then, conversely, Gin is puzzled, because he feels it's harder to do it right. After he's done, she explains to him the difficulty ranking and then the "proper steps" I guess. Gin is a natural-born artist who didn't go through procedural learning, so he isn't aware of things like bones, anatomy, clothes, etc. He only draws by feel. Seems like he had an easier time drawing Teach' nude than clothed, as to him, the wrinkles and different kind of details threw him off. I may be wrong, but that's how I perceived it!

I'm also not an artist, so I don't know the specifics, but I've seen some people draw and they'd draw the general anatomy of the character first and then go over it with additional details. Maybe Gin just didn't do that and that's what Sakura-sensei is trying to explain to him?

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Don’t see the link for mangadex. Tried to view chapter on mangadex but the website didn’t work.

Lol, apologies, I inadvertently added the reddit-specific page I made into the chapter archive I uploaded here. It's fixed now.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

The thirst for more OneLoli has been quenched
Thank you Daphie.

You're welcome! I did that one knowing some readers were impatient to read more, haha!! I'll try to keep at it. If I'm not mistaken, this one ends at chapter 24.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Happy I could bring you these, guys! YW!!!

I loved having a final(?) occasion to work on some content with Aizawa x Misumi! It's really cool that we get a prelude to something naughty in that last one, hahaha!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I think this series is too wholesome to have Mai and Tae together, unfortunately. The only good thing I see coming out of it is Tae being convinced that she shouldn't go to any more marriage meetings with men.

Also, no one would root for the coworker and Hitomi, nor the protagonist of Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! getting together with Hana. But I rooted for Mimika and Yuzumori-san, and for Noriko and Rhianna in Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane

I'm definitely rooting for Mai and Tae ^_^ But yeah, I wouldn't leave Hitomi and the coworker alone in a room, oof!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Perfect! Such fuzzies and swoons in just 12 pages, love it!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

@Yuki Kitsune @Blastaar You're welcome you guys and thank you for telling me!

@Ultraxion My only guess is maybe once of his step-siblings? I went and checked back and the word used there really is 弟.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Now, that particular line comes from the T/N notes, so it might not be what the author was going for or as strongly present in the story. At the same time, those parallels are striking and this is also a chapter that showed the teacher getting rejected from an art competition and saying she always wanted to be an artist, not a teacher, perhaps hinting at serious flaws in her approach to art. It's probably not the case, but I'd love it if this set up an arc where Gin realizes that what his graffiti was actually missing was an intent or message and that the teacher's art has a similar flaw, despite being a different medium.

Just wanted to point out that the T/N are excerpts from the Wikipedia page about Paul Delvaux, so it's general knowledge. I think our mangaka IS trying to paint interesting parallels. We'll see how it unfolds!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Chapter 4: the Mermaid bit is an interesting choice to portray sensei as a mythical and exotic critter in the eyes of the student. An inventive way to show reader how he sees her. I look forward to more gimmicks author will use in this manga.

The different art styles are cool to see, too.

I'm loving it too!

My PR friend mentioned a parallel between Sakura taking care of stray cats and taking care of Gin. I thought it was interesting. Also the fact that she confirms she feeds the cats, but doesn't take them in, leaves them their freedom, might also paint the portrait to how her relationship with Gin will unfold. He might have to take the lead for anything to happen. I don't know. Just food for thought I guess, haha!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Someone linked me to this story.
Godly story with a wholesome ending.
100 points.

I know, right??? Being a short one-shot, it's got an advantage, but it's just so perfect!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Hope this doesn't end up dragging...

Honestly what else is it going to do, but drag It can't really go anywhere. Mei and Tae are already friends. And I don't really think anyone wants to see an office lady hook up with a elementary schooler.

Speak for yourself, I'm genuinely not sure why you'd be reading this if that wasn't the outcome you were expecting and/or hoping for.

I'm reading this series because it's cute and kind of amusing. Tae trying to keep her feelings for Mai pure, while Mai keeps saying those cute little things, blissfully ignorant of how flirtatious they sound. It's all so adorable. I'm assuming, when the shtick gets old, the author will wrap it up and move on.

I hope the whole thing levels up at some point for sure (not level 99 mind you, just more wholesome), I'm one of them lol

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I can think of one way, but you're not going to like it.
Next chapter: He decides to wait until he's an adult to confess.
(Timeskip!)
Following chapter: Now an adult, he confesses, they get together, the end.

Well, I for one, hope they get together before, goddamn timeskips, but I doubt we'll even get a kiss before a timeskip!!!