Forum › Posts by themusicman500

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I just started in chapter 1. Did Oobasan just raped her in the public bath? Or has my imagination gone wild???? I wish there are more details on the public bath!!!

There’s something weird in the translation, I believe. I saw a second translation that implied Ooba that was saying something like, “Let me do your hair,” rather than “Let me touch you [in your delectable young XXXX and your budding XXXXs!”]

Makes more sense that she meant she was going to fix Indou's hair rather than assault her, but then why did Indou react by saying, "Not there!"?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This hit the spot.

themusicman500
Image Comments 14 Oct 22:19
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I bet they watched Blue Is The Warmest Color

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

That was pretty alright. I'm still waiting for the NozoNico story that will knock my socks off.

I'm waiting for a definitive one too. This one was sweet, but Nozomi was way out of character. Kanabayashi Makoto's doujins are great but haven't gone for full on romance yet (at least in the translated ones).

I think what almost all Nico shipping stories are missing is an acknowledgment of all the pain and humiliation she goes through in the series. She's often ignored, treated as inferior and obnoxious, body shamed, and one-upped all the time at being an idol even though she tried longer and harder than any of the other girls to become a good one.

Nozomi cares for Nico, but she's also one of the worst offenders in harming her self-esteem.
Honoka is a pleasant person, but it's hard to imagine Nico wouldn't resent her for being so successful at what she failed at.

I ship Nozomi with Nico, but I'd really like to see a story that properly deals with all the baggage they'd have as a couple. It'd warm my heart.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I feel like every time I enter this thread, there's some new comment about how people who don't want them to break up are FAKE FANS who can't appreciate REALISTIC WRITING. I'm glad this series is bring something new to the table, but at the same time, I think it's perfectly reasonable for people to want them to stay together (even though that's not gonna happen). It's always a little sad when things don't work out, even when the break up is amicable, and it's doubly so here where you have two characters that you're invested in that have a good dynamic with each other. The problems in their relationship weren't too widely exposited on in the one-shots outside of "they just didn't really go well together", so I'm sure public opinion will shift a bit when the series goes more in-depth about their incompatibilities.

Basically, I think we all should just enjoy this thing instead of drawing lines in the sand about who is and is not enjoying it correctly.

Thanks for writing that, was starting to get miffed. I'm gonna add that after they inevitably break up, things could still happen that didn't happen in the one shot. They're young and while they might be incompatible now, that doesn't mean they always will be.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I was on edge the entire time reading this thinking there was gonna be some kind of cruel plot twist. Was it innocent, or was something bizarre and disturbing going on?

themusicman500
Image Comments 12 Oct 00:09
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
70928348_p0

Nice. No comedic shenanigans or overreactions, just a couple that decided they wanted to have a romantic evening together.

themusicman500
Image Comments 09 Oct 03:05
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Chomp

Tomoko has officially become a self-insert yuri harem MC.

themusicman500
Image Comments 08 Oct 23:31
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Dpahyf6u4aa2f0l-orig

^^Take a closer look, I can see the curve of her spine and and her right deltoid muscle.

themusicman500
Image Comments 08 Oct 20:44
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Txjmbi2

Drugs

themusicman500
Image Comments 29 Sep 23:46
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Dluzqxwuwaapztt-orig

I laughed.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

One touch I liked here was how Furuka, the girl she fell off the cliff with, looks similar to Mari, the girl she was staring longingly at in the beginning. Seems like Kon has a type.

themusicman500
Image Comments 26 Sep 02:07
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Tumblr_pffw1fazu51ruyji8o1_1280

^I counted 14 different sketches including the heart

themusicman500
Nishi Uko discussion 25 Sep 22:56
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I really don't get the "Non-moe art" tag for this author

I agree. Some of the one shots have a realistic style but most of their works aren't too far from the standard anime look.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I asked a version of this translation question in another thread with no replies, so I'm asking here. It's a phrase I've seen in a number of different translated manga in several different places.

The translation is: "First time I see you here," when the usual phrase would be, "First time I have seen you here."

Technically speaking, it's the use of simple present tense ("see") for present perfect tense ("have seen").

I've seen this error (if that's what it is) many, many times in a number of translated manga. This series especially comes to mind because it's repeated three different times when depicting the meeting between Itsuki & Sawa (the model/forgotten childhood friend). A version of it also appears in the latest chapter on p. 13 when the cosplayer says to Asuka, "Isn't it the first time you cosplay this character?" when standard English would be "you have cosplayed" or "you are cosplaying," etc.

What's puzzling about it is that it shows up in translations that otherwise use even more complicated English verb tenses correctly, including conditional tenses ("would have been," etc.) and present continuous tense ("I am seeing"), among others.

Is there something about Japanese grammar that makes "I have seen" (or "I have never seen") a particularly tough one? Or is it a dialect or idiom of some kind?

I don't think it's necessarily grammatically incorrect. If you read it as, "(It's the) First time (that) I see you here," then it's all present tense. It's not something an English speaker would usually say but it might be closer to the Japanese while still not breaking any rules.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

54 years of uninterrupted romantic happiness, and people are sad because she didn’t get more?

Dang, y’all are greedy.

The story is successful at touching you while you're reading it, but if you think about it it's pretty silly. She had a better romantic life than at least 95% of people, regardless of sexual orientation.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Just don't call Nico a third wheel!

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I assumed that the cliffhanger was the guy being gay, but the neck thing really blew my mind. Pretty sure it's gonna turn out they''re a woman.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

That was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in a manga.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'd rather see Ooba or Miharu with Indou, but the red string's been showing since chapter 1.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Very interesting that the manga was a bit of a lame autobiography with a straightforward romance, and the afterward was a sad unrequited love story that Fumiko Fumi could have written. Kaoru's reality ended up being more tragic and beautiful than his fantasy.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

sigh I give up. These two are hopeless.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Why is everyone raving about transgender and being a progressive or whatever about genderfluids and whatsoever?
This is just your average trap stuff, draw a girl with a dick and call it a boy, all of this author's work even have the generic MC male dude with no personality.
Maybe if he had put atleast a effort in making the "agender" people have any kind of boyish characteristics in their body, but nope, they're completely different beings to the other boys.
There's nothing new or exciting about this, it's just the average trap lover that wants to fuck traps.

Oh! And they're all into guys, because that's clearly not just this author's fetish.

Manga characters all being generically cute regardless of their gender is a universal thing (some would say problem) that we're all already aware of. When you look inside the speech bubbles this is a story with a positive message about gender and identity.

themusicman500
Liberty discussion 10 Sep 15:16
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Eh, I'm just happy for the soft butch representation. Yuri needs more butches. :D

I don't know if I'd quite use the word butch to describe it, but it's a good look.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

If you view it as Mizuki having an unrequited crush on Nami, it makes sense as to why she doesn't feel she can call her on the phone all the time.