Forum › Posts by Wlfking

Wlfking
Image Comments 21 Jan 01:04
Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015
70551190_p0

Just got the latest volume yesterday . . .

Wlfking
Image Comments 21 Jan 00:49
joined Apr 23, 2015
Enpwnnkxyaamlpp-orig

Yaaaaaaaay!

Wlfking
Image Comments 20 Jan 21:38
joined Apr 23, 2015
Eoejn1uu8am-1l2-orig

Nice!

Wlfking
VAMPEERZ discussion 20 Jan 12:37
joined Apr 23, 2015

I didn't realize I missed a few chapters . . .
I did not need that rape fake out scene in my life >_<
New girl is kind of a butt monkey. I like her even if her role is rather typical.

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 19 Jan 20:35
joined Apr 23, 2015

Anyone have a guess as to what Maekawa's job actually consists off? Been wondering. She's a manager right? I imagine she is trained in conflict resolution between co-workers among other things?

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 17 Jan 02:19
joined Apr 23, 2015

Start of chapter was fun with her team speculating what was up with her. Then offering to do overtime for her. Awwww!

End of chapter was predictable but I have faith this will go somewhere interesting or, better yet, be a short lived drama

joined Apr 23, 2015

Uncooperative and unpleasant. Satou has an interesting way of calling herself perfect. ;3

I love this pacing.

And the way soceital pressure is depicted. Most people think they are doing right by the main character and mean well but they mess'n up. Then there is the boss who seems to literally be from another era.

last edited at Jan 15, 2020 1:14AM

Wlfking
Image Comments 14 Jan 03:38
joined Apr 23, 2015
A82sdzp

Karin is one of my most favorite fictional characters of all time! I've loved her since I first got to play her in Alpha 3 on the PlayStation 1 in 1998. I waited over seventeen years for her to be playable in a main line street fighter title. Worth it! (How the hell was she not playable in Street Fighter x Tekken so she could fight Lili??!!)

last edited at Jan 14, 2020 3:40AM

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Unpopular opinion: Bloom Into You is overrated.

I mean, if that's your opinion I don't think it needs this qualifier. I'd respect it even if you flat out said you just didn't like it. I love it though. One of the few yuri to be animated that I actually like.

The only opinions I'm having trouble with is what I think are called bad faith critism?

Anyway, a good (great imo) story that starts off the way you described (but unfortunately is only two chapters) would be "Love prep room" (chapter 1) and "Fever Retreat" (chapter 2) by Nanzaki Iku. After all these years this one is still stuck to me.

I've thought of a few more since I posted but I'll be in if I can remember the names.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

I actually kind of wish more stories would start off with characters having Izumi's set of circumstances. Having loved and lost(presumably in this case) and then we get to see them find someone else.
Ahem. Oh how I wish some stories would do that.
cough
https://www.amazon.com/Bloom-Into-You-Light-Novel-ebook/dp/B081J7WMVG/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1
but who would ever cover such a story? : O

It's also very possible that a lot of stories do what I suggest and I just haven't come across them or don't remember or they are tagged with things I won't touch.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Disillusionment is an interesting angle. Some people get like that and far worse than the main character. The line "never meet your heroes" comes from somewhere after all.

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 11 Jan 00:19
joined Apr 23, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_sick_ch18#15

Can someone remind me of these lines? I kinda really don't remember where she's said them. Tried skimming a handful of chapters just now but wow, guess I'm awful at it :s

I know many have chimmed in already but I re-read everything a week ago and while she never says all of this in any panels she does mention ending relationships once they start to get serious. We also see one ending where the guy has figured out how cold her view on relationships are at the time.

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 09 Jan 23:10
joined Apr 23, 2015

heh. I love the humor. Maekwawa is such a treat. And really probably is a freakin cat!

The serious stuff is good too, of course. All the new little points are interesting. What is the editor cooking up here? This other mangaka got her break from the opening Maekawa left. She doesn't' seem to care but is the editor forcing a meeting between the two anyway?

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

It's rare when I'm dropping a yuri manga, but I have no problem dropping this one. There isn't anything particularly bad with it, it's just so boring, I can't enjoy it at all. :(

I, on the other hand, drop yuri manga all the time. I might just be extremely uptight or something though.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

so sweet.
the contrasting energy levels give me life. Wanna make a "cross the beams" joke but I'm not clever enough. :(

That clerk got to she Shiho kinda happy. Wonder if she considers that a perk of the job.

I'm always interested in meeting the parents of fictional people I like. Like. I spend time wondering about them. I mean. I should probably thank them. They MADE something nice for me!

joined Apr 23, 2015

I feel weird reading this, like, it makes me feel sorry for both MC and myself irl. I think just like her. Except I am unable to even make friends irl.

It might make you feel better to know this seems to be becoming slightly more common these days. I keep seeing studies that say so.

Any links?

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/8/1/20750047/millennials-poll-loneliness

There was a segment on npr today about it as well. It was more about people having freinds move away or just got busy with life. Talked about older people too.

Some dating apps now include freindship services.

There was another example I had but can't seem to recall atm.

joined Apr 23, 2015

I feel weird reading this, like, it makes me feel sorry for both MC and myself irl. I think just like her. Except I am unable to even make friends irl.

It might make you feel better to know this seems to be becoming slightly more common these days. I keep seeing studies that say so.

Oh good, now I can back my loneliness with science.

Some people like knowing others are in the same boat. I never have. I am in that boat though.

joined Apr 23, 2015

joined Apr 23, 2015

Donuts are good because you put your fingers in and then you eat it.

That’s just like . . . um . . .

Oh.

Sooo, it's only a matter of time before some one over the tops this, so am just gonna do it

Too soon?

Not ... about donuts? 0///0

Actually this has been a pretty interesting discussion. After only one chapter. And someone was saying adult yuri doest get much attention.

Wlfking
New Year discussion 09 Jan 00:11
joined Apr 23, 2015

Stop being sweet! Oh. Too late. Fine. Carry on.

Wlfking
Their Story discussion 08 Jan 18:10
joined Apr 23, 2015

This gave me anxiety. I want to see that she got out.
Btw this series is good for the comedy and characters, so I don't care about the no romance.

I think that's a pretty damn high complement and one I agree with. Do still want that romance though.

joined Apr 23, 2015

If anyone was curious, this is one of the women I mentioned earlier. https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2014/10/kitty-queer-by-sigrid-ellis/
Felt odd paraphrasing someone else's experience and I wasn't entirely sure I'd be able to find this so quickly.
I also know damn near nothing about Kitty Pryde and Emma Frost from the comics.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Is this a common thing? I can actually relate to the girls that know they are gay from childhood more, my own preference was something I knew from childhood. I guess some people don't figure it out right away? I can understand outright denial but just not realizing is a bit odd.

Still, looks cute, I have high hopes for this.

I donno how common it is but some people really are in the dark about it until something or someone happens. I read about a girl who didn't realize it until she started picking up on the bisexual undertones between Kitty pride and Emma Frost. She was an adult. Another woman didn't know until she was in college and found herself hopping a woman she met was gay.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Second page of the this update is all you need really. Kidding! 's really good though.

joined Apr 23, 2015

I loooooooove this so far. So much great adult yuri lately.