Forum › Posts by trafi

trafi
Their Story discussion 13 Mar 15:02
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I have to disagree with your assessment craptree. I personally don't think Tan Jiu writes a great slice of life story. My reasoning is because the characters don't have depth and are not memorable. In order for those characters to have depth they need at least a few chapters and not just 4 pages devoted to them; then, switching to another character which makes the audience have less connection with the characters. Slice of life generally doesn’t need a heavy plot but what make slice of life manga/anime good is the depth and how memorable the characters are.

I can't even remember glasses guy's name or the big heavy guy's name.(I have seen other people refer to glasses guy as glasses guy) They are not memorable characters unlike the characters from Nana such as Ren, Yasu, Nobu, Shin and Takumu. I remember these characters because they had a back story and the author devoted time to make the audience have a connection with these guys. I know Nana and Their story are slightly different genera’s with Nana being abit more serious tone and Their story a comedy but I don't know anything about these side characters. The only person who looks like getting a bit more time put into the story is Qui Fang. This is a good thing if the author could now devote time and focus on Qui Fang, instead of jumping to different characters all the time it won't be as off putting for me. Plus, narrative wise it would be stronger and the audience can actually form a bond.

I know that Their story has more chapters to go and hopefully it can devote time and effort to these characters and flesh them out. Plus, not switch characters after 4 pages all the time. Of course, the author should expand on the universe and not just focus on yuri. However, the author should stop switching between the characters all the time. It’s like a baby that has short attention span that plays with one toy and immediately switches to another because it’s bored. It’s frustrating as an audience keeping up.

You're comparing a josei released chapter per chapter with complex plot and characterization to a manhua closer to a 4koma style released stirp per strip... Of course you would be disappointed.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 3:08PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Mr Robot is an awesome show . Nothing else to say, everyone should watch it.

I trust them to make this new character interesting as hell because that's what they do.
Concerning Darlene and Trenton, honestly, I don't believe it one bit x)

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 9:07AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Person of interest will end with Shaw and Root living as psycho as ever ever after and having lots of psycho science babies. What death ? Who said death ? I don't see no death ._.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Well, he technically didn't lose his wife that long ago, so that might explain why their dynamic suddenly shifted from friends/parters to potentially something more. We'll see how that plays out.

Actually, that's what I have a problem with. The guy lost his wife that he loved a lot (they showed it as a very strong and passionate relationship) not too long ago but already had several romantic/sexual (more sexual than romantic) partner and all of a sudden wants his partner and close friend
I don't see how this could work well... maybe they will surprise me.
But still it's a shame, on TV a strong female/male friendship cannot exist, it's necessarily some kind of repressed love.

I'm hoping the lesbian tech gets more screentime next season, she's cute!

Totally agree

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I don't think I even mind this going nowhere, so far the romantic subplots have felt shoehorned in (to me, but I'm picky) so at least they haven't ruined the lesbian yet. My favorite unnecessary romance was when one of the cops fell in love with a stripper. It was hilariously bad.

True, but honestly, I think the "romance" between the two main is the less credible of all. I don't know they always feel more like BFF than lover, the romance feel forced. I chose to believe they will not be endgame x)

It's sad because aside from that it's a great show

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 9:02AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It's weird how they introduced and developed the lesbian tech girl in Murder in the first. I mean, we don't see much of her aside from her doing her work but they cared to introduce her as a lesbian and to put some hint of weird/special interaction between her and the main blond girl most of the time they talk together. And it's just with the main girl, with other people she's just the tech girl, here to make the investigation progress. Nothing more.

I can't help but think there is a tiny possibility that something could happen with her (with the main girl hopefully I ship them) but she feels so much of the side side side side character that I know I will be disappointed in the end...

Oh and is it just me or the middle-aged married lesbian lawyer is becoming a new cliche ?

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 7:18AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I think were meaning bad as in bad acting, or maybe it's bad because it's MTV. shrug

Yeah I found this bad mostly because of the acting and the forced romance. Not because it is het, I can appreciate good het but here It goes from "oh there is a muscled supposedly hot and kind elf" to "I'm full of desire for him and I'm in love with him" without any development between. It look like it's right out of a fangirlish legolas fanfiction... (actually I don't know what a legolas fanfixtion looks likes but you know what I mean x))

Honestly, I don't know how much the romance thing differs from the book but from what I've heard, I think I would have liked it better if they had stayed closer to the book in this aspect.

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 1:29PM

trafi
Image Comments 27 Feb 11:59
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014
C99456b16545bbfa5eca201ba306a76d

^ Heresy !

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Is anyone watching The Shannara Chronicles?

That's really bad... I'm still watching because I already started and for a time I thought some gay stuff between the two main girl could happen (which could be cute). Plus I don't like stopping a series halfway but it's soooooo bad that It's really hard for me to watch

Haven't watched the show, but I read the book a while back and there was zero yuri in it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The series doesn't follow the book at all romantically speaking apparently, one of the girls is portrayed as bisexual and kinda hit on the other one time. But that nothing serious, typical teen show : add drama and sexual tension whenever you can but in the end it will all be about the guy.

last edited at Feb 25, 2016 6:08PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Is anyone watching The Shannara Chronicles?

That's really bad... I'm still watching because I already started and for a time I thought some gay stuff between the two main girl could happen (which could be cute). Plus I don't like stopping a series halfway but it's soooooo bad that It's really hard for me to watch

last edited at Feb 25, 2016 7:35AM

trafi
Image Comments 25 Feb 06:31
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014
Nicorin

It made me realize how awesome a NikoMakiRin OT3 would be

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I think I will probably end up watching it anyway, it looks interesting and I'm out of series with strong lead women

trafi
Their Story discussion 24 Feb 14:20
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

There was no skirt to flip when I was a boy. People don't wear skirt that much where I'm from

last edited at Feb 24, 2016 4:48PM by Nezchan

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Is it worth it to watch Strange Empire ? I mean, is there a satisfying ending for the only season or is it an awful never ending cliffhanger ?

last edited at Feb 24, 2016 1:47PM

trafi
Image Comments 24 Feb 07:09
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014
trafi
LOVE/DEATH discussion 22 Feb 12:31
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

So the gym teacher is present in both the couple's storyline.
Are both the love/death and nicochuu couple in the same school?
Cause if they are, i really dont think Mai should be considered as the top deliquent of their school.

That's the point of the manga, the two psycho are seen as perfect and well integrated and the two misunderstood nice girls are seen as delinquent

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The whole thing don't make any sense whatsoever. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... when it's on purpose. x)

trafi
Abyss discussion 13 Feb 19:37
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Cyfer posted:

Unacceptable! Cant believe Jin-sama got second billing! Pfft :p

The author tags seem to be sorted alphabetically, and as far as I know there's no way to tag guest authors.

Not to mention it's hospitable to put a guest author first if you think about it.

Who said anything about alphabet ? That's stupid. Guest is first because Jin's good manners came through the internet.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 7:37PM

trafi
Abyss discussion 13 Feb 18:49
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

That "not yaoi" tag made me laugh
Though in regards to the short at the end, I could've sworn one of them had boobs.

Or both of them, at one point I was convinced that they were girls, started searching for pronoun and did found a he x)
Boobs on top :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#23
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#21

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 6:52PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Idol are things, object to fan's fantasies. They can't date men because that would inconvenience fan's fantasies, they can "date" women because that stimulate fan's fantasies. They are here to help dirty old man jerk off. And in the end they are supposed to go back to being straight when they graduate.

Honestly, the Idol thing personally disgust me. I joke and laugh about it when I see MV like Heavy rotation or the "scandals" about them but deep down it disgust me. I'm sure real fans not here for the sexual object do exist (though I don't understand them) but in the end that's what they are supposed to be sexual object.

Edit : Well excuse me, I'm being too serious. must be tired

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 6:21PM

trafi
Not yaoi discussion 13 Feb 16:54
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I don't get why people start thinking too much about joke tags. These tags are are here for fun, of course they won't be accurate. This isn't a reason to make another tag each time there is ambiguity...

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 5:01PM

trafi
Not yaoi discussion 13 Feb 16:34
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I personally took it as : yes, there is a yaoi short but the main story isn't yaoi

trafi
Image Comments 12 Feb 10:36
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Of course it's a box. It's always a box.

trafi
Image Comments 12 Feb 10:14
Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

There are strawberries in most of the opening/ending if I remember well.

Edit : well, I don't remember well, I think the strawberry thing is mostly because of Listen but they are still recurring items

last edited at Feb 12, 2016 10:32AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Yeah and the Onion tag is offending to every other vegetable. Why only onions have a tag ? We should either rename it as Vegetable or make a tag for every vegetable. And what about fruits ? Did you think about these poor fruits unrepresented ?