Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 14 Apr 15:28
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Now you're okay for the theory test, time to study to the practical test

I'd think this mess would be a better example.

Nezchan Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 14 Apr 12:03
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, where drama comes from characters in conflict either with each other or themselves, angst takes it to another level with the sheer agonizing about it. Think Hamlet's soliloquy turned up to 11.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All staff - minus our wonderful moderator - have upload privileges.

Who, I should add, doesn't actually want them.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 13 Apr 19:23
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wiki gives me this : The term bridegroom dates to 1604, from the Old English brȳdguma, a compound of brȳd (bride) and guma (man, human being, hero).

It can still be gender neutral, and you can be a hero!

What if both partners are non-humanoid robots?

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 13 Apr 19:10
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^groom=het.

But it's still Shino, many girls dress like grooms in yuri works,or well I've seen that, both wearing dresses is best tho

Hell, many RL lesbians get married dressed in bride & groom fashion. Just adopting the look doesn't mean they're straight.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't think sharing isos around here is a good idea

You know what really gets up my nose? Rules lawyers.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 12 Apr 20:33
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
46391062_p0

Love triangle again huh? Me needs only KotoUmi, honoka's in da way! XD

How disrespectful to the perfect OT3!

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 12 Apr 20:28
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Spoiler-ed, I guess.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

No problem.

Spoiler-ed, I guess.

It's gonna give you fluttering feelings ;-p

That was really quite a Stretch.

... OK, bye.

Really now....

I guess...some people must be unable to endure all these feelings they are experiencing. It would be a shame if these fragments of love they are losing cannot be collected anymore and turn from beautiful sunflowers to sad but, sweet blue flowers.

Heh, yeah I went there ;)

Well, there are some jokes we all must endure.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 12 Apr 20:25
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That Saburouta would be a he or a she is irrelevant, as long as the story is good.

Both male and female mangaka have written really good pieces of yuri, so I don't really look that up before reading and loving something.

Honestly, I don't think that's true. I consider Morinaga Milk, Morishima Akiko, Amano Shuninta and Jin Takemiya to be the greatest yuri mangaka around and I don't think it's coincidence that all of those are lesbians themselves. Sure, there are awesome yuri comedies, SoLs, whatever by both men and straight women but when it comes to actual romance or the relationships themselves, there is just no way for them to fully relate.

What? they are also lesbians?? ... Sweet! I mean, now it makes sense why I like their works the most!!!!! you made my day brighter

Either lesbians or bi, depending on which one you mean. But girls who are into girls in any case.

Morishima Akiko is a moesexual.

Moesexual? Is that a real thing or is it about the moe? Sorry,never heard it hehe. Lesbians or bi will do hehe,well being a lesbian is nice knowing other girls into girls draw awesome yuri!!!

Yeah, Morishima is all about the moe. All moe, all the time.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 12 Apr 18:46
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well. Now I just have to read every ShizNat doujin again. What a terrible life I lead.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i'm so confused. i haven't watched pokemon since the best wishes series. what's even happening? is this an actual yuri pairing lol

I was the same way, there seems to be a lot of backstory that's necessary to really know what's going on here.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 12 Apr 16:19
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That Saburouta would be a he or a she is irrelevant, as long as the story is good.

Both male and female mangaka have written really good pieces of yuri, so I don't really look that up before reading and loving something.

Honestly, I don't think that's true. I consider Morinaga Milk, Morishima Akiko, Amano Shuninta and Jin Takemiya to be the greatest yuri mangaka around and I don't think it's coincidence that all of those are lesbians themselves. Sure, there are awesome yuri comedies, SoLs, whatever by both men and straight women but when it comes to actual romance or the relationships themselves, there is just no way for them to fully relate.

What? they are also lesbians?? ... Sweet! I mean, now it makes sense why I like their works the most!!!!! you made my day brighter

Either lesbians or bi, depending on which one you mean. But girls who are into girls in any case.

Morishima Akiko is a moesexual.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 12 Apr 15:59
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think he even wanted to quit with Son Goku dying at the cell saga but got talked into doing the Boo stuff afterwards.

The ammount of changes from Toriyama's original idea is incredible
He wanted Z to be about Gohan but the demand for Goku was high, he wanted to end after Freeza but oh well, the androids 17 and 18 to be the bad guys but editors came around saying they're not good villain material, he wanted Cell to only go to his second form but got talked out of it, wanted to end after Cell but Buu happened, not even sure if there's stuff like that for the Buu arc but probably yes, i'm not entirely convinced he planned all the Gohan power up only to have him land 4 hits on Buu before getting absorbed

It's a bit sad thatcreative process has to be influenced by money but he's like any person, dude got to eat. There's such a big incentive to continue succesful works because most mangakas don't "make" it and those that do often only get 1-2 great selling series, and that's if you're in the money making demographic.

I really like when authors do extra chapters/volume extras that tells us what was originally intended but changed, a lot of insight in those few pages.

I think they should do a series that's entirely the adventures of Mister Satan and his outrageous moustache.

It will be more chapters than Hajime No Ippo!

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 12 Apr 10:47
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is... Amazing! Toriyama himself stated that he created the Super Saiyan God to dismiss the ridiculousness of the super saiyan (let alone the fact that SSG was stupid as all hell) and now he's making even more ridiculous transformations, that guy has seriously gone senile

Given the thing he likes most is humour writing, he's probably laughing all the way to the bank. Hell, cash money is the reason he did DBZ in the first place.

My favourite Dragon Ball volumes are still the first two. They're a good mix of Dr. Slump-ish humour and a rambling adventure story. When the fights happen they rarely last more than three pages. I also think the early volumes really capture the whole post-Akira sci-fi/Chinese mythology aesthetic really well. I love how he drew hills to look like the ones in old Chinese prints. When it started settling into being more of a fight comic was when I began to lose interest.

I remember interviews where Toriyama said outright the same thing, he loved the original Dragonball stuff that was fun and adventurous, and almost entirely did DBZ for the paycheck (which was pretty good). Eventually he was getting sick of it and really wanted to go back to doing stuff like Dr. Slump. Hell, he even got out of manga entirely for a while there.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 12 Apr 10:43
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My babbies!! I love these to so much!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sometimes girls who do not want to be pleasured have surgery for it.

And more often it isn't something that's a problem in the first place.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 11 Apr 22:33
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is... Amazing! Toriyama himself stated that he created the Super Saiyan God to dismiss the ridiculousness of the super saiyan (let alone the fact that SSG was stupid as all hell) and now he's making even more ridiculous transformations, that guy has seriously gone senile

Given the thing he likes most is humour writing, he's probably laughing all the way to the bank. Hell, cash money is the reason he did DBZ in the first place.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does anyone else ships akane/inukai?

Oh, HELL yes, I've been into that pairing practically from the start.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I loved Girly, but sometimes I find Josh Lesnick himself a little hard to bear. I keep having to take vacations from him.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Man this is goooooood, but BUT when will we ever get to see Hiyoko giving Sato-chan some much deserved luvin'? It pains me to not see her be on the receiving end even once.

Maybe she's only really interested in dishing it out. There are people like that out there.

There's also that Japanese thing with seme/uke where the older or larger of the two fills the "giving" role while the other receives. Certainly it's more of a yaoi thing, but these stories seem to fit the mold very well without being blatant about it.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 11 Apr 13:06
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
48762190_p0

I'm sick of all the Sayaka Kyouko pairing.

I'm kinda that way with MadoHomu. A few exceptions, but a lot of it leaves me cold.

Need more Mami!

Loads more Kyouko x Mami or Mami x Office Lady would be awesome.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So she is dating the sister now =))

Thematically, that would be bad. There's a running thread about people having roles forced on them that don't really fit. Kana being seen as a substitute for her mother. Hina as a substitute for her sister. Nanase as a good girl. To have Nanase take Hina as her lover in place of Kana would be to do both of them a disservice in that light. Which is why the line "You two are not alike in the slightest" is so important here.

Personally I see them as being friends at the end with a very close understanding, not to mention a shared connection to the late Kana. But I'd rather not see them pursue a relationship.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 11 Apr 00:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My personal hope is that the series doesn't end with the two of them getting together, although at this point that seems likely. The two of them are interesting enough that I'd like to see them navigate an entirely new sort of relationship. I mean it's not like their personal issues (especially Keiko's) will be suddenly solved by making it official.

Did this mean not get together at all, or just before the end? I'm fairly certain not at all, my confusion stems entirely from my not brain not being able to compute an ending where they aren't together. What sort of relationship could you have meant I wonder? To me, I feel if they don't end together, that leaves the door open for future partners, and I can't see anything other than a partner being the most significant relationship in someones life, and to me, these two have to be the others most significant relationship.

Oh, I absolutely believe they'll get together. The question is, will them doing so be the series finale, or the beginning of a new story arc? I'd prefer the latter, but I'm afraid the flow of the story seems to be headed down the other path.

last edited at Apr 11, 2015 12:25AM

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 10 Apr 23:56
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gokujo Drops and Hanjuku Joshi are other good exceptions, as is the last volume of Girl Friends.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 10 Apr 23:08
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe if they get together, they won't be 'healed' and the manga would show how they get healed in the end, and he ends it at that. If that happened, this would become my top, no question.

I think it would be more interesting if the characters got together and that change is explored as part of the larger story. I think a lot of stories end with the start of a relationship, or completely lose inertia after they no longer have the will-they-won't-they dynamic to fall back on.

Of course it helps to remember that Shou's other yuri series had the couple getting together pretty much right away, and following their relationship together. But it seems to me that it's typical of Japanese stuff at least to have the story be all about the lead-up, and then end on the beginning of a relationship. But if Shou's intention is to have a long series rather than have a definite ending, then he may continue. I hope so, because there's a lot worth exploring there.