Forum › Posts by E. Vigée Le Brun

joined Jun 8, 2021

54 pages in the forum...

I know this is just me being negative but I'm kinda scared of how good and popular the reaction was with this manga, with just a few chapters with few pages and we're almost 10 pages in the forum.

It was bad when it was 10 pages, now we're at 54.
ngl I feel you, it's kind of irksome that so many amazing series only get a limited number of reactions while this with a few 4-page chapters of silliness boils such fervor. In ex. Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind at four whole volumes doesn't have even half the number.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Evie orders “Get me my steed!”
(Garth brings forth Sphynx)
Evie orders “Get me my sword!”
(Garth brings forth the Aquila Favonia)

Lol at the Aquila Favonia. :3
Great sword for a wind magic user who's also Jean's twin sis!

joined Jun 8, 2021

Man, I hate mesugakis. This brat...

I beg to differ. She's no mesugaki. She's a mere kusogaki.

joined Jun 8, 2021

Nobody's talking about Motokura-san I see.
Think she could be Rinarina in guise?

Either that or she's the one who booked Maron right before Makino. A new Maron-addict in town.

joined Jun 8, 2021

Why so many people keep posting theories, made of pure unbased speculation, about Mai being an adult against all evidence? Is it that difficult to read the story as it is?

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I'm very used to writing walls of text that then nobody reads/replies to and honestly at this point I barely bother to post, because it feels like a waste of time, so I forgot to thank you in my previous post for proving to me yet again, that it indeed is just a waste of time. I hope you'll appreciate experiencing for yourself how it feels.

Talking only for the record I'd like to state I've read all of Eromancer's posts as well as yours and everyone else's, and I found the debate very interesting. I only wish civility would be a greater concern for all involved.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

What a pleasant read.

joined Jun 8, 2021

https://www.rt.com/news/557485-japan-same-sex-marriage/

I went into the comments of that, and instantly regretted it. Like I couldn't read more than 5. Just a cesspool of cringe. Then again, that's exactly what I expected, from what little I know of RT.

Eh I think it's the usual, not different from an American forum. One person writes:

« Why is the union of two unrelated consenting adults the business of anyone but the parties involved? People should get their noses out of other people's genitals. »

Then another replies:

« They should keep their genitals out of the faces of our children. They don't stop at their own privacy, but demand that everyone affirm them or else get fired, doxxed, imprisoned or worse. »

It's a typical exchange you see everywhere, in any social network or place of debates. I've seen it, or variants thereof, a thousand times—whenever these issues are discussed.

last edited at Jun 20, 2022 3:15PM

joined Jun 8, 2021

Anyway I find really funny that she's like oh no my nail polish, here get a good look at my face instead lol

"I must make sure she doesn't notice me!"
Sheet of paper on her face! Kabedon on the railing! Nose to nose stare!
I still can't for the life of me figure how she managed to fumble everything so bad as she did.

ngl it felt a bit forced

It's one of those situations that make you want to ask "What part of the plan didn't you understand?"

E. Vigée Le Brun
Anime season 25 May 17:37
joined Jun 8, 2021

This is great, the more channels I get like this, more chances to get some hidden gems in the future

I'd say. I didn't know even one of those channels. I have so much stuff to watch now! =)
Ah but the ones with no subs may be a little difficult... anything out of 'atashi' 'sempai' 'oneesan' 'suki' and I'm over my head.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Kabedon failed? Or succeeded too well? Hmm.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021
Notincest

Not sure who the character is with Elsa (don't recognize the name either).

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

For those who can't wait for more, remember that this manga has already been translated up to chapter 20 in Spanish.

Link at the end of this page:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15867-manga-in-spanish-mangas-en-espanol?page=18

(Well, make that: for those who can't wait for more AND can read Spanish! :-D )

I can't read Spanish. =L
You wouldn't have an address where it's translated to French, would ya?

last edited at May 25, 2022 5:19PM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

ank0 posted:

Help i posted the "see you on twitter" bit to the site itself and it blew up

Quickly! promote your uuuhhh... twitch channel or something lo/

LMFAO

joined Jun 8, 2021

Wow, alright -- what a way to build community! What's wrong with trying to connect with others who share a keen interest with this manga and create more of a fluid discussion? Sounds like you're just a ~bitter queen~ looking to create hostility and discord (no pun intended).

Also, my pronouns are she/her.

Psst wlftchtr82 ... don't look now ...
You mistook your sockpuppet for your main account ...

joined Jun 8, 2021

I know this is just me being negative but I'm kinda scared of how good and popular the reaction was with this manga, with just a few chapters with few pages and we're almost 10 pages in the forum.

To put it in perspective (based on date of publication), YagaKimi took like 4 months and 4 chapters to have this many comments! I can't tell people to calm down or lower your expectations because everyone is just having a good time talking nicely, but it is frighteningly impressive.

But most of the comments are people bickering about rock and metal... :/

joined Jun 8, 2021

300 million aren't enough to support a Thot!!

&

300 million yen is less than 3 million dollars and rent is astronomically high idk if this money is going to last longer than five years

&

Nitpick: 300 million yen isn't quite enough to not work for the rest of your life in a city and also pay for a second person for that same time period unless you also invest it.

You reasonable, well-meaning people are missing an important point: the MC doesn't plan to live 40 or 50 years on that money. It's a plot point already established that she believes she has used up all her life's luck and thinks there's a good chance she will be struck down by lightning tomorrrow.... so she doesn't plan to save for her old age: she wants to SPLURGE and live high on the hog!
I'm certain that the role the 'thot' will play in this story is to help the MC spend money like an oil tycoon and enjoy the good things in life. As for how long the 300 million yen will last—and what will happen when the MC finds herself stone broke—your guess is as good as mine.
My guess: the two girls will fall in love, so thot-chan won't leave the penniless MC (and look for another sugar mommy) as would normally be the case, but will instead stick to her and the two will live happily ever after. Because romantic comedy, right?

last edited at May 3, 2022 5:23PM

joined Jun 8, 2021

Yay it's back! And they changed up the story too, looking forward to what they're going to do in this new timeline.

Changed? Really? As I remember it, chapter one of the webmanga was pretty much identical, I mean aside of a popsicle in place a crepe. What did they change?

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Somebody did teach her. But not like that~ xD

Chapter??

I don't remember when that gets brought up but you'll meet them eventually

Right, it’s a flashback chapter so I’d also need to do a full re-read of the series to find it.

Happy people who can't remember? Cheery amnesia is spreading!

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I didn't know lesbian treehugging was a kink. You learn something new every day.

Edit: they even ntr'ed the tree with a rightful claim to the hug. ¯⧵_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Apr 22, 2022 2:14AM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

The power of plums compels you!

Plums??
I'm kind of not getting it. Is there a girl called Ume in the story?

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I see, I see. It's good that after all this time she's built up a tolerance, huh? Otherwise she'd melt into a pasty goo at the sight of Elsa's devastating cuteness. Right. Ok.
... And she still doesn't get it?
I want to kick something.

I know, right? I also want to break things.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
How long till that dense dense thing gets a clue and kisses her Elsa?

joined Jun 8, 2021

I noticed all the onomatopoeia are carefully translated. It must have been a helluva work to clean and rewrite everything. Now I'm full of curiosity about the originals. FE "ba-dum ba-dum" "ba-thump ba-thump" and "throb throb" given the context are all heartbeats so should be all "doki doki" right? But I wonder about "fret fret" and "shake shake" that are very similar in context too... and "scrub scrub" "slide slide" and "floof floof" are I guess variants for the sound of cleaning skin... and I wonder if "plunk" is really the right onomatopoeia for something being slowly submerged in water?

Japanese manga's sound effects are not onomatopeii but action descriptors. Neither leaving them untouched nor translating them to english onomatopeii are likely solutions from a linguist's viewpoint. How does one put in english terms the difference between "doki, doki", "uki, uki" and "waku, waku"? All things considered, it's way clearer for japanese-impaired readers to omit the sound effects altogether and add a lot of action description to compensate, like this translation does.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

This gotta be a new record I think. They managed to make the most unsexy scene of two girls hugging and grappling in bed ever featured in a yuri manga. Kudos.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I am rooting for Fuyu and Aoi.

You ship Watanabe with Fujiyama??