Forum › Posts by Red K.

joined Nov 22, 2019

This take might be what is most likely to happen, but doesn't really make sense. The whole counter-reaction argument is "this comp-het for the queen shouldn't go away, because she is happy in the end". After you trim down the why and how around it, it's all that remains : it happens, and the characters should accept it, and we should move on.

So... if we take that at face value, why put so much emphasis on the fact that it will definitely not happen to Momo ? She is also royalty, she is no more in love with Aki than the queen and Juju were. Their situations are pretty much identical. If the author (and defenders) state that being forced to marry a guy from another country is okay, and the characters will find happiness anyway, then shouldn't you also be content if the same happens to Momo ?

I don't beleive the author is stating that it's okay for the queen to have been married off, as the chapter starts with her and Juju promising to still stay together in old age. While the queen says that she is happy and cares for her husband, it is very much in the tone of being able to find happiness in a tragic situation, and the reader is clearly meant to grieve over her lossed love with Juju.

The theme is see the groundwork being layed out for, and the theme I see constantly with this trope, is the idea of the second generation being strong and brave enough to break out of the social confines that held their parents and find a greater happiness, sometimes with the help of their parents. It's the idea of someone telling there child "I made my choice long ago, but I know you're strong enough to make a choice i never thought was possible" And I think the reason this theme comes up so often is because it is very fitting with reality, where older generations look at younger generations as being outspoken and brave, and able to break down social structures that older people thought were concrete. I know a lot of older people who have expressed hope in the younger generations, and I think that's what is being conveyed in these kinds of stories: hope.

last edited at Jan 28, 2023 6:37PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

But the attempt to portray the author, and readers who do not share your outrage at this "unacceptable" trope, as being guilty of some kind of ethical lapse is entirely unconvincing, as is the implication that portraying any kind of behavior in a fantasy story featuring anthropomorphic animals constitutes an endorsement of that behavior in real life.

The theme here is a woman being forced to marry a man and pro create with him with no option to say no. Anyone who is not opposed to that idea does have a lapse in ethical judgment, period. The question isn't whether the story endorses arranged marriage, because there is no message being conveyed aside from a telling of events. The question is whether or not you grieve for the queen who was forced into her relationship, animal girl or not. Seeing fictional characters in tragic situations and being unable to evoke emotions over them is definitely a sign of something wrong.

joined Nov 22, 2019

But the queen and the dressmaker are going to keep living their happy forced heterosexual / single life, the queen possibly have yet more sex with the husband she didn't wan

Bisexuals exist. Heck, evidence suggests more women are bi than lesbian.

There's no clear evidence that the queen doesn't love her husband now. "Get married and come to love each other" is what a lot of people did (or tried).

(As was "get married, have some required kids, then go play with your loves on the side." More discreetly for women than for men.)

because the kingdom needs more heirs. Which, you know, is fine, because the king is a nice guy anyway! This pair, I believe, is what many people (including me) are angry with.

Maybe such people shouldn't read stories about royalty then, lest history upset them.

There is little doubt that most of this drama would have been avoided if the chapter didn't start with the two ex-lovers. The trope itself is annoying

The trope of history.

showing the trope in play, with two characters that should be together being friends, having happily accepted it but not moved on

How do you know they haven't moved on? The queen calls herself happy.

Yikes, you're sure making a lot of excuses for a woman who has only shown same sex attraction being forced to marry a man and pro create with him. She is very clearly still in love with her dress maker, who she makes promise to stay beside her even in her old age. And while she does care for her husband, a nice man who she has shared the better half of her life with, there is no evidence that she romantically loves him or is attracted to him.

Sure, this kind of thing happened all the time in real life monarchies throughout history, but just because it's a reality dosen't make the story any less tragic, quite the opposite in fact. If you take a step back and look at, this is a woman who is attracted to another woman being forced to marry a man and have sex with him, with no option to say no. Whether she is bisexual is entirely irrelevant because she had no choice. You saying that this forced relationship isn't that bad because "evidence shows more woman are bisexual than lesbian" is disgusting.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Apparently they have detailed sex in the novel
Like naked naked but it seem author can only go with metaphor with the manhaw sadly

Really? Is the best place to read the novel on dynasty? Cause the latest chapter uploaded here is quite far behind where the manga story is, all the way back to when the little demon girl first showed up.

last edited at Jan 21, 2023 1:41AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Come on, a kiss is nice, but she deserves sex already, she's one of the cutest childhood friends I've seen in years, can't end the manga without her senses being overloaded from pleasure.

It's an old debate in the gay community, but for me at least what she did with Akane in this chapter 100% counts as having sex with someone.

I would say direct genital stimulation has to occur, and akane never lost her panties. I wouldn't call dry humping sex, nor grinding. I also wouldn't really define it as sex if Jun just used the brush on Akane, even without panties, if she never touched her anywhere else directly during the session. If Jun kissed Akane or message her breasts while using the brush directly? That's when I would call it sex.

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 7:06PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Am I the only one who notices that $1300 for a hotel laptop is insane? That kind of money would get you a gaming laptop with .5 terabyte SSD, i7-i9 processors, nvidia gtx 3050-3060, and 144 hz. Unless the hotel owner girl is actually a hard-core gamer, it would be pretty hard to find a regular laptop with that kind of pricing.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Still waiting on confirmation of if Mori-san is a girl before celebrating the birth of a new yuri couple. They could just be a guy who notices the small details.

Mori has obvious boob curves, Okano calls Mori a girl... Mori could turn out to be a trans man but it seems an unlikely narrative direction.

Very likely a girl, but I have seen quite a few dudes with similar boob curves. I very much doubt it tho

Where do you live where skinny dudes have boob curves?

joined Nov 22, 2019

Never heard Red Hot Chili Peppers called RHCP before. But then, I haven't really paid attention to them since the early '90s.

I'm assuming it was abbreviated both for space and to match how Aya referred to them in the original, which was just Re-chili.

Red K.
VAMPEERZ discussion 30 Dec 05:44
joined Nov 22, 2019

Hm, I didn't really see biggest connection between Aria and Al Kamil. We never really saw any turmoil with Aria when Al Kamil was originally meant to be executed, so her unwillingness to finish her off is not very well conveyed or relatable. To be fair, they did spend 1000 years together, but your telling me Aria never had a single red flag that whole time?

In any case, i can't say I totally blame the author for that. It can be hard to convey a millennium old connection in 1 and half chapters, and its clear the author was a little rushed given how quickly Al Kamil flipped, however I do feel like the author could've painted their relationship different than just "sisters." Perhaps if Aria saw Al Kamil as more of a daughter, and her unwillingness to finish her off stemmed from Aria seeing a part of herself in Al Kamil, there would be a stronger emotion conveyed by their relationship.

I guess Al Kamil's comment towards Ichika about how killing feels nice, despite Ichika's obviously disturbed reaction, makes a little more sense now at least.

last edited at Dec 30, 2022 5:48AM

Red K.
Citrus + discussion 21 Dec 23:07
joined Nov 22, 2019

While not a bad chapter and i always love it when Harumin is the focus, the whole talk they had felt a lil too much like the author was writing directly to the reader instead of through the characters' stories. Like it felt too info dumpy and like a lecture if that makes sense lol.

That sense was reinforced for me by what seemed like a lot of pretty random framing once Kana and Harumin sat down together and started talking.

Sarubouta’s not exactly meticulous in the choice of shots within a scene anyway, but this time I really noticed that the shot/reverse shots were kind of awkward in regard to who is speaking, the cutaway shots (like the one of Kana’s shoes or of Harumin’s back) were pretty unmotivated, and the overhead shots just seemed thrown in to add variety to a talky scene.

And I’m not sure what to make of the composition of the bottom panel here (I just saw a “how-to” page for aspiring cartoonists that said, “Draw your word balloons in first to make sure you have room for your picture.” Seems like good advice.):

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_september_7th#13

I think it also didn't help that 85% of the chapter was just Kana talking and Harumin just sitting there like a statue lol. And then when Harumin does talk it's just like one page and then Kana goes on to further clarify to the reader the lesson she just learned xD. It doesn't flow like a natural conversation.

I 100% got a weird feeling while reading those pages but couldn't quite put into words why, but you guys totally nailed it. I also had the same feeling a few chapters ago when Mei word vomited advice on Yuzu for a couple of pages. I actually couldn't even read them through, and just ended up skipping them.

It also sucks when the whole chapter is just a set up for the word vomit, so if you don't like the advice the whole chapter is kind of wasted. I mean, we didn't get any hint of personality or interesting chemistry between these two supposedly unique characters. Yuzu's friend just shows up, says let's hang, and then they jump right into their weird conversation where it's pretty much just the author possessing Harumin to give advice to, I guess the reader? I'm not sure. It double sucks because this was never something Saburouta did in the og manga, and just sort of adds to the list of subtle quality drops in this sequel that Saburouta has been slowly dragging through the dirt for like 3 years.

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 11:16PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

I am going to put it on the record that at this point in time, this story is incredible. if that changes, I will be sad

As much as I love the Kase San series I don't like how all the guys in it are faceless idiots

I think its funny. Plus, there was the recent guy who was the prince of that flower show Yamada liked, who came and taught at her college causing a whole bunch of jealous drama with Kase, and the prince ended up giving some pretty good advice to Kase about how her jealousy could damage her and Yamada's relationship.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Why do all the "Trials" seem to involve Melissa and Tanya flirting?

Cause in universe a witch's power is directly correlated with how gay they are, so the gayer they get the more powerful they get.

joined Nov 22, 2019

I've always wondered if Japanese people in real life would have as much trouble as romance manga characters do with dropping honorifics. It seems exaggerated, but I also realize that honorifics hold a lot more wait in Japanese society than American, so it's easy for me to read stuff like this and say "it can't be that hard."

Red K.
Inko-sensei discussion 22 Nov 21:33
joined Nov 22, 2019

Am the only one who's nervous that they broke up because Tadokoro remembers Sakurako in her school uniform? Like she's remembering a high school fling.

Red K.
joined Nov 22, 2019

This manhua is somewhat western in how it tells a story through comic form. Sometimes it feels like it could've been produced in the states. Not to say it's "better" than eastern stuff, it just feels more relatable.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Somehow I missed checking this out. I generally dislike ghost/girl romance stories- after all, there is only 2 ways to end it- and both kinda suck lol.

Ok, so there's a third where they get together but can't interact- but that would be pretty lame too.

There's always the "they were only half dead and in a coma" ending.

joined Nov 22, 2019

its like they have no issues so new ones just got made

???

This is a conflict that has been constantly brought up and built on since the first few chapters after they got together

joined Nov 22, 2019

Huh, I just saw this extra on Twitter and noticed the joke was that Aya used "てば," which to my understanding is just a cutesy copulate like です and dosen't have a direct translation, and was curious to see how the translator worked around it. I feel like if I were to translate it I'd maybe have Aya say "I told you it was, like, totally this way" or something, and then have Mitsuki say"'like' she says" but I'd be curious to hear other people's ideas.

Also, I totally just noticed that Mitsuki is also taking a pic of Aya, lol. That's so cute

Omg they also having maching bags

I think they have pictures of eachother on the back of their phones too this image is so detailed

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 4:39AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

The moment of Hinamori after the game reminded me of Bloom Into You

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 2:26AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Lol, radiohead? Not what anyone expected

Red K.
joined Nov 22, 2019

The little blush on them when the museum lady said they must be close pretty much confirms they're dating, lol

last edited at Oct 29, 2022 12:15PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

$18 for a salmon pasta at a fancy restaurant? At a local cafe near me it's $25 for a damn chicken parmesean.

Also, for all the moral qualms I have over Nakano, what she said was pretty hot and her completely dominating Miyako was...wow

joined Nov 22, 2019

Also what happened to her fingers? Is she biting them?

Nah, she started playing guitar. Remember a couple a chapters ago where her uncle bought her a guitar to cheer her up?

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 3:06PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Love that not even world building can get in the way of tropes, lol. The fact that yukatas exist in this semi-modern jrpg like medieval town kinda threw me for a second, but whateves.

Also, can anybody tell what exactly the "sheepa expression of love is?" Is it like a shove? A headbutt? I can't fully tell from that one panel.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Author tweeted that they are in the middle of moving, so no chapter this week

Tweet: 作者も只今引っ越し中でして、今週はお休みいたします。最近はモヤモヤが多めの2人ですが、それでも読んでいただけて本当に嬉しいです。いつもありがとうございます、大好きです!!

Translation: The author is in the middle of moving right now, so I'm taking a break this week. I know the two of them have been getting more gloomy as of late, but I'm really happy you're still reading. Thank you as always, love!!

last edited at Oct 4, 2022 5:16PM