Forum › Posts by ComfyCafe

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

It's alive!
I really do love the author's artstyle. God, this is making me want to reread Transistor Venus again too.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Can't believe I kept putting to read this to the side all this time. The fighting scenes may be meh, but this is so up my alley with all the crazy wacky shit goin on with the vampires, the church, the guns- specifically that cross weapon/gun that brought back memories from Tri-gun in more ways than one, all with the added benefit of yuri on the side and I love when there's more to a story than just romance. Lastly all I wanna say momentarily till next chapter is released is............I fuckin love Dorothy so fuckin much and her dynamic with Maria.

Instead of mercy, the cross is full of yuri.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I feel real bad for Takuya, the poor idiot.

Could be way worse, at least he isn't crushing on her. I appreciate that this manga is clear about it not being a love triangle.

Takuya's a bit confused about it all, but he's glad he has someone to play videogames with.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I appreciate all the detailed pun explanations.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Don't slugs have sex by shooting each other with calcium darts, or is that just snails?

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Dauben Wolf should probably be Döven Wolf. Other than that the translation seems to be fine, though!
I'm curious to see where this is going. Judging by the untranslated parts of the manga I've seen the Queen appears to be a Puru claiming to be a Zabi, which is extra weird given that all of them save Minerva had been dead for a while by the time the clones were made

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I also noticed the gamergate-ism "vidya" in there too.

"Vidya gaems" long predates (and outlived) that shitshow as a slang term.

But on a more on topic note, I really do love the way the author draws faces. Everyone's just so emotional!

last edited at Dec 7, 2020 7:09PM

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

It lives!

ComfyCafe
Image Comments 14 Nov 04:37
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015
82940553_p1

Golden Kamuy is more than just a little homoerotic, yeah.

ComfyCafe
Image Comments 14 Nov 00:11
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015
85603773_p1

Aw yes, my favorite pair.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

God, I'd pay an arm and a leg for a VR EDF game.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

ComfyCafe
Image Comments 21 Oct 05:00
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015
Eid4kenwaaezb-i-orig

I thought it was Gunsmith Cats for a moment too.

ComfyCafe
Image Comments 10 Oct 03:28
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015
Ey3o6tju0aa-w52-orig

Battlebots sure has changed.

ComfyCafe
Image Comments 26 Sep 15:19
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015
Egnix4fumaaoccx-orig

Truth, Deuse.
The D&D arcade games are 10/10 though and I highly recommend them to anyone fond of beat-em-ups.

ComfyCafe
Image Comments 26 Sep 15:18
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015
Eic7gbcu4ae2mji-orig

My god, it's full of stars

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Cute Girls Doing Cute Colony Drops

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Does one need to be well versed in Gundam for this to be a cohesive story, or is it a stand alone story itself? I am interested to give it a read, but unsure if I'll be able to follow if you need to have some knowledge of previous happenings in the Gundam universe (I've always loved the mecha designs and figures but never knew where to actually start with Gundam)

It does seem to be reliant on at least some knowledge of the UC timeline, at least. This seems to be directly after ZZ, with the lack of cohesive Zeon leadership with Haman gone, and a few years before Char's Counterattack.
If you wanna know where to start, production order is the failsafe way to go but if you don't want to dive straight into 0079's rather inconsistent animation and frequent budget run-outs (I still recommend it despite that, or at least watching the movies), I highly recommend War in the Pocket. It's short, good, and self-contained.
Also, it's on youtube in decent quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzJL11pHylo&list=PLm8xXAgUtmz7Ci9cyzAfP2qer09QjtbRH

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

HIGH LEVEL KABEDON

ComfyCafe
Image Comments 02 Sep 03:34
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015
Egqfwchvoaascig-orig

@Reirin It's just a Blue Morpho.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Wait shit, that's the whole thing. I didn't even realize it.

ComfyCafe
Image Comments 22 Aug 17:34
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015
75616679_p13

I'm glad it wasn't just me, shadsan

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Pffft, that fridge drawing grade map.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Ooh, she's got Scopedog-style tread-feet. Hopefully that means she'll do some fancy skating.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

which mecha anime is "the iron goldra" supposed to be alluding to?

Armored Trooper VOTOMS! The lens cluster is unmistakable.
If you're interested but don't want to jump straight into a 50-episode series, I highly recommend the spinoff OVA, Armor Hunter Mellowlink.