Forum › Posts by Mayjaplaya

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

For a second I misread "Yoh and I are dating now" as "You and I are dating now" and I was like "whoa, 0 to 100 real quick"

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

You've heard of elf on a shelf...

I think the author knew what they were doing because the title's the same in the raws too.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Just going by the chapter titles I suspected this would be like that "I love cinema, I am lonely" manga. And it's similar; more sexy but somehow more boring at the same time. I guess it was just the movie being talked about.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Absolute shipping catnip to the audience, 100% guaranteed.

Strangely, I seem to be 100% immune to this.

The only "TOMOLO"/Sayaka type that ever got me was Yayaka from Flip Flappers (see my profile picture)

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

"You first time's mine"
uuuh.... should we tell her?
no no no

not lizard or not fish ?

They spent a panel and a half talking about making a baby together, I think they know.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'll never look at a panda the same way again

Mayjaplaya
Magic hour discussion 06 Mar 23:49
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

At the risk of sounding like a dick, why even bother writing that you forbid resale and auction of the doujinshi? How would you stop it? Not every place is just going to take it down if you ask. And is it really a bad thing that people do it? (Of course, I can understand how uploading to the internet can be considered "bad" from the artist's point of view, but I've never seen someone try to forbid resale and auction)

Mayjaplaya
Oddman 11 discussion 05 Mar 05:06
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I just re-read the last chapter and man I must've read too many terrible doujins and the line about "A strong-willed girl will always be weak in her anus" gave me PTSD.

Also, weeb TN note, Seigi means justice so that line about "it's love we need to teach her, not justice" is a pun on Seigi's name.

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Yes.

That is all.

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Wtf ಠ_ಠ why I'm I turned on by reading this (O_O)

Because you're a young teen and that would happen if you were reading the ingredient list on the back of a tin of beans.

Hehehe, "beans"

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

i'm pretty disappointed, the dog should have had what is it, 6 or 8 nipples? lmao

Most artists who aren't serious furry/bestiality don't go that hard on the human-animal scale. This one is definitely very "soft".

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Oneeloli is a strange subgenre that is both pure and obscene, righteous and sinful.

So wrong but also so right.

Putting kemonomimi on the loli is a very Itou Hachi-esque touch.

Near the end of the manga I mixed up their ages and thought the dog-girl was one and a half. I was going to make a 1 x ½ joke but obviously I thought wrong.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 11 Feb 03:23
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Yamada

"AI YO"

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm no lesbian, but I've always thought of lipstick lesbians as femme lesbians.

...then I googled it and "chapstick lesbians" is actually a different thing, halfway between butch and femme. And it was Ellen who popularized the term? TIL.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 10 Feb 19:05
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Eqapqcvvaaaoh_b-orig

RIP to that brown tomboy in the Sayaka light novels, though.

So, some goof on 4chan edited Haru/Yuu and made this glorious picture:

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

The craziest thing about this series is that it's a Shonen Jump manga. Not the weekly one, but still freaking Shonen Jump. Yet it genuinely feels like a yuri comedy.

As a consequence of being a web platform, not a magazine, Jump+ is loose about what can belong there, so it's not crazy at all.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2019-02-11/weekly-shonen-jump-editor-in-chief-hiroyuki-nakano/.143096

Overseas fans may not be so familiar with this, so what exactly is the difference between Weekly Shonen Jump and Jump+?

Weekly Shonen Jump is a print magazine with a long history. The works are mainly aimed at teenage boys. That's the strong focus we keep in mind for Weekly Shonen Jump. But with Jump+, things are a little looser. Some of the works are aimed at adults or at women. It's full of new and different styles of manga that you haven't seen before, fighting at the front lines. I think it's made possible by the fact that it's all published digitally instead of on paper.

Jump+ is where Otome no Teikoku is now serialized and Suito-to.

I'm a bit late to the party but I too wanted to point out how crazy it is that a yuri series is on Shonen Jump, albeit Shonen Jump+, which isn't strictly shonen.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Shouldn't the obvious title be After School Masturbaters?

Damn, you're right. That rolls off the tongue a lot better than "after school TOUCH MYSELF", plus, it fits so much better with the name of the song it's referencing.

I guess that word was just too advanced for our Japanese doujin artist.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 08 Feb 00:14
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Eqapqcvvaaaoh_b-orig

Even Japanese Twitter is confused going "Yuu?" looking at it.

I completely forgot she kinda looks like Yuu's sister, Rei-chan, as well.

RIP to that brown tomboy in the Sayaka light novels, though.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

After school we, after school we, after school we TOUCH OURSELVES, YAY!

Wait, what? https://love-live.fandom.com/wiki/After_school_NAVIGATORS

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

all right is something being lost in translation here, what the hell do they keep going on about "Guilty"

I haven't actually seen Sunshine but I'm guessing it's just a case of Japanese westaboos/westaboo characters only vaguely understanding some english word and throwing it around willy-nilly to sound cool.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

The heart in her final speech balloon would seem to indicate she was teasing or at least somewhat happy with the outcome.

Before anyone says it, yes, the heart was in the raw too.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

That was the Tiger (Tora) and the Dragon (Ryuu).

It's interesting. Her name is Tora and the boyish one is Ryuu, which is a Doragon. The tomboy is very self-conscious about her looks and the palm-top-sized tiger girl is a tiny hot-blooded tsundere. Yes it's the classic Japanese ToraDora fight. I wonder why it reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Shit, I was beaten to the punch by two months.

Anyways, yeah, the Tiger and Dragon trope is older than anime, so I'm sure there was at least one anime or something that played it up as the overarching theme.

Mayjaplaya
∞ discussion 13 Jan 02:04
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

You know, I didn't even think about the incest possibility until I saw that little "They don't appear above blood relatives" note. I feel like there's a little bit of a Streisand effect going on here; by saying blood relatives aren't possible you've got people like me thinking about the possibility of incest anyway.

Mayjaplaya
Oddman 11 discussion 06 Jan 13:43
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I see the sister awakened some domme powers in her.

Also, that was definitely Kakashi's "ass shove from underground" technique, right?

That trope is way older than Naruto.

Mayjaplaya
Secret discussion 29 Dec 18:39
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

they blew it with that Rin x Sakura chapter that sent the shippers alight with... well, Rin x Sakura.

Are we talking about the same chapter here ? The one where Rin trail Sakura a little bit and they go to a cafe and basically don't talk but about Nadeshiko ? I mean i understand people want to ship characters but they barely interact with each other during the 7 volumes. Not to mention that in Vol.7 (where i'm supossing Rin x Sakura start to blew up) Rin goes out of her way to check if Nadeshiko is ok because she can't call her. If anything, the volume was more Rin/Nadeshiko than Rin/Sakura.

Yes. Well, of course nothing really happened in that chapter but (more speculation here) I think Afro didn't want people shipping the girls and if the Rin x Sakura chapter was an attempt to get people to stop, it backfired.