joined Aug 1, 2011
Eesi2slwkaexfeg-orig

Why does she look like she's crying?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 10 Sep 17:35
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
76680680_p0

Why are there white diamonds and and black blots on their noses?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

If this kind of bullshit continues, I'm dropping this series. I didn't start reading this for forced drama that ruins the mood of the series.

I don't think it's really forced in this case. Shizuka's main defining trait, since the start, has been Komi level interpersonal skills. She gets chocked up trying to say high to her classmates, so it's pretty much inevitable that she'd fail spectacularly after getting thrown into the deep end like that.

Saki's normal forwardness would probably have helped to clear things up, but Shizuka has a tendency to avoid things that frighten and worry her, which currently includes Shizuka, giving her nothing to work with and a whole host of bad memories and guesses to stew on.

Frankly, short of the new girl stepping in to set them straight, just about any other outcome would feel forced.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It's always interesting seeing the different takes on Gensokyo that appear in fan works. From what I understand, this one was a lot more modern than canon, without getting into the Sci-fi you sometimes see. I think the roughly turn of the century mix of western tech, in the form of old fashioned cars and clothing, alongside more traditional Japanese aesthetics works really well, especially with the occasional splash of completely anachronistic stuff, like a cellphone with cloaking tech.

I really want to see more from this version of Gensokyo.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The Sempi resolution feels like the set-up for something else. If I'm not mistaken, we're nearing the end of the series, so maybe a spin-off or sequel?

The repeated dazed expressions and halfhearted excuse followed by quick exit feels like the sempi had a revelation that she didn't have the mental bandwidth to fully process but couldn't put aside until later. If the series was going on much longer, I could see her getting a B-ark that explores her coming to terms with the fact that, yes, girls can date other girls and, not only did she miss her chance with Chidori, but she also doesn't have to settle for a boyfriend and maybe she shouldn't. As a spin-off or sequel, you could hit those points as well as questions of how a previously "straight" girl goes about finding a serious girlfriend, how it differs from her previous flings and heterosexual relationships, and how the people who know her react to this change.

Honestly, I kind-of hope that does happen, because it could lead to a very interesting story.

At least personally I found this arc to be weak. No actual resolution with growth for neither of the two people who could have used it (Chidori and Igarashi), and Nanoha ending up as an idiot white knight who burns down the entire closet because there's a bug in it, instead of trusting Chidori to take care of it herself.

To be fair, it seems like Chidori was about to let the cat out of the bag herself and they've both been straining at the closet doors, to differing degrees, for a while now. This may or may not force them to actually deal with that.

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 9:01PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Oh, wow. I was just thinking about this one yesterday and now there's an update and it did not disappoint. At the rate she's going, she might just accidentally corrupt a miko. I loved how in control she was the entire "fight" this time.

I didnt knew I like BDSM this much ... I guess when it's done well you just can't help it.
The fact that she "defeated" the most serious one first is a big success!!!

Have you read The Real Her. It's not magical girl themed, but I feel like it hits similar notes.Also, the facial expressions are 10/10.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 16 Aug 22:33
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ristel!
I really do need to get around to playing the PC port of this.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The idea popped in my head how I would have laughed louder if mom gave Nikaidou some condoms with her tea.

Hey, those are important, after all.

Technically, there are some uses for condoms and similar devices in lesbian sex. I'm not sure how often they actually get used and I doubt the character in that scene was thinking of them, but it's not entirely off base.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Aug 18:56
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
50840684_p0

Also, @IresaFan, is that even a question? Have you SEEN those nails?

Oh, good. I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 03 Aug 03:27
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
19687712_p0

I actually really like Alice's face in it. ... Not necessarily on Alice, but maybe on some sort of crime lord.

That room must be ripe with the stench of bitches.

Yes, but as one of them is Yuka, it may be best not to mention it.

Omega Deuse
Dear NOMAN discussion 31 Jul 04:04
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This is basically how Bleach started.

Is this gay Bleach?

How many chapters until she learns how to do her bankai?

I'm still a bit annoyed that Bleach wasn't gay Bleach. Give me Orihime X Tatsuki, darn it!

Going by the second chapter, it’s more like gay Inuyasha.

This is also acceptable.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 30 Jul 16:17
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Gkpdpbq

And no, the Sword and Shield aren't fucked up. The fanbase is :P

I feel it's pretty reasonable for the fanbase to be angry about game freak going back on a promise they used to sell a subscription service within only a few generations of starting that service, removing well liked features, and generally putting out a sloppy presentation when trying to sell these changes.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 30 Jul 01:19
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Gkpdpbq

Yup. Still my favorite pokemon protagonist and pairing.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 30 Jul 01:04
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
74256237_p0

I'm not sure Nimue exists...

It's a bit interesting, actually. Lancelot's backstory explicitly mentions being Raised by Nimue. However, Arturia-Classic has Blessing of the Lady of the Lake and I'm pretty sure that one mentions Vivian.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Norainhere posted:

CHANGE LEOPARDON

AN EMISSARY FROM HELL

For those who haven't seen this masterpiece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1PePr8hAsc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRL8wJPZKRc

Now I want spiderverse to give me back my money for using a loli instead

Somewhat Ironically, they also already had an anime-ninja spiderman from a manga spin-off they did at one point.

Norainhere posted:

CHANGE LEOPARDON

AN EMISSARY FROM HELL

For those who haven't seen this masterpiece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1PePr8hAsc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRL8wJPZKRc

Now I want spiderverse to give me back my money for using a loli instead

Funny you mention that - this Spider-Man did appear in the original Spider-Verse comic.

And also funny enough, JP Spiderman is why Super Sentai had robots eventually.

Really? I expected the relationship to go in the other direction. That raises so many questions. Was Japanese Spider Man really that popular? How long did he last? Why in blazes did he have a giant robot in the first place?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Chidori: We can't let anyone know we're dating, especially not our friends.
All of her friends: Titties...

At this rate, the three of them are going to come out to Nanoha and Chidori that they're all in a poly relationship before those two are comfortable holding hands in public. At least Nanoha seems to be getting more comfortable with their relationship and she might eventually push Chidori into coming out.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 22 Jul 02:31
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_pmcazng7vx1tsnc1bo1_1280

For those wondering, this is a doujin spin-off of Henceforward involving adult!Ruby going back in time somehow and flirting with Weiss. The preview can be seen here: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=72728846

I don't suppose there's a translated version of that floating around anywhere?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Blackmailing a middle schooler, eh?.
I wonder if the cat's going to be punished too.

They do seem to be playing with fire.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 12 Jul 20:30
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Miniskirt

I always found it a bit entertaining how much more grounded and "realistic" the show was, compared to what the name would suggest. From what I recall, it was definitely on the harder end of the sci-fi scale.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Nikaidou is either police or Yakuza imo

I'm guessing it's police, since it took about ten minutes. They probably had to run her picture through facial recognition against known fugitives or something.

She's a spy. Her CIA handler just needed to cross check her photo in case she was a known enemy agent.

That's my theory anyways.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 02 Jul 13:05
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_pmsh6giiix1qgcds1o1_1280

Ami, of course, is gay as hell and just hasn't figured herself out yet.

Wasn't Ami one of the few that had a semi-consistent boyfriend?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

For all the people calling this a happy end, I'd just like to point out that the older sister wasn't really a failure or an incompetent as her younger sister was constantly sabotaging her from behind the scenes. Given her behavior for most of the one shot, it seems like she'd very much not like how things ended. She just gave in and became her sister's wife because she had no other choice.

I really wouldn't call this a happy end.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Does anyone actually have a phone that does that sharing contacts thingy?(chapter 4 page 9) I have seen it in manga and anime for years but not once in real life

It's more likely a feature of the app they're using. I know I had an app that would let you share contacts by tapping phones a while ago, but I got rid of it because no one else had it. That said, if you have an android phone with nfc support, you should be able to get a similar function by selecting Android Beam from the share menu. (For contacts, you'd go to the contact, hit the share button, select vcf file, then android beam.)

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 18 Jun 00:41
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
V3g3k4z

I thought Hecatia's other selves were just her being in multiple places at once. Do they have different personalities?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 12 Jun 02:00
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Nora

^what do you mean be progressive?

Including themes and characters that break with traditional norms, with a more inclusive and equal view/representation of things like gender and sexuality. Typically, this is somewhat relative to when a work was produced. For example, Star Trek having an interracial couple kiss was progressive for its time, but wouldn't be particularly shocking now. GitS was so far ahead of its time that it still compares well with shows that are currently breaking boundaries, like Steven Universe. Though, obviously, those two shows have very different focuses and takes on certain topics.