Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This portrays Nero as a bit more of a clown than I really care for, but I like its sly, sardonic take on Hakuno, and the great facial expressions it gives her.

Nero insisted that the front of her dress isn't transparent, she's just letting you see through it. ...

What I'm trying to say is, Nero's a bit of a clown. This is doubly so if it involves Hakuno.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 29 Feb 01:49
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Eprp8oaucackqf8-orig

quetz from dragon maid

Ah. This Quetz might not have horns, but she makes up for it with more crazyLucha-energy.

last edited at Feb 29, 2020 1:51AM

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 28 Feb 23:03
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_n6jmrzqsyo1rynsfko4_1280

It's a fighting game with a very anime/cartoony style.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 28 Feb 23:01
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Untitled-16

Yukari ... You really should know better than to try and separate Yuyuko from food.

Also, Yuyuko's expression in the second panel is amazing.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 28 Feb 22:57
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Eprp8oaucackqf8-orig

Huh? I don't think Quetz normally has horns?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, that's not the stare of someone who's considering the pros and cons of being a yandare at all. ...

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hmm I wonder if anyone still has their Christmas lights up

I know a few people who still have trees up.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. So Kanada has taken to wearing a corset, which I guess is acting like some sort of binder in this case. ... That probably isn't the healthiest of choices, though I suppose it puts to rest the idea that she might come out anytime soon.

My only hope is that one of her friends runs across them on a date and spills the beans, or at least pushes her into doing it.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 17 Feb 18:22
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Eqsymkkuuaa0tdx-orig

Okay, seems like I need to break it down: a kinder egg is a hollow chocolate shell wrapped in foil. Inside the egg is a small, yellow, plastic capsule that contains a toy.

The eggs are sold one by one, but you can get them in boxes of three. But even then, there's still a toy inside each egg.

It's really not complicated.

There are actually two versions: Kinder Surprise and Kinder Joy.

Surprise is the one you're thinking of. It's basically a hollow chocolate egg that contains a plastic capsule with a toy inside.

Joy is also egg shaped, but it's package is split into two halves, with one side containing a bunch of cream/frosting and a chocolate crunchy ball and the other side containing a toy.

Kinder Surprises are banned in the US, as they are considered to be a chocking hazard for young children, while Kinder Joys are not. Unfortunately, both versions are often called Kinder Eggs, since they're egg shaped treats that prominently display the Kinder brand logo and come with a toy, so it's easy to confuse the two, especially if you're only familiar with one version.

Also, yes, the entire thing is very stupid.

last edited at Feb 17, 2020 6:23PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Wait--you request consent before taking snapshots of your friends?

No, you don't need to sign a contract before taking a picture of your friends like you're making it sound. But if somebody makes it known that they don't like being photographed, it's just common decency to respect their wishes and avoid doing it when they don't want to, especially with no forewarning.

(The forewarning being a casual "let's take a photo" or the like that gives them an opportunity to agree or disagree, not announcing "Warning: I am going to photograph you", before some outlandish assumption of meaning is made)

I don't know. A friend announcing "Warning: I am going to photograph you. Photography in progress." is a lot more likely to get me to agree or even smile. There's something to be said for taking refuge in absurdity.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The end is so sad, she's alive just because she love and not for herself, that's just a toxic relationship...

Those seem like an unreasonably pessimistic takes.

It can be very easy to develop an extremely negative self image with certain neurological and psychological disorders, both because of the direct effect they have on your life and because of the way society treats them. This is especially true when you are otherwise competent or even very intelligent. Having someone who can help compensate for some of your issues and remind you that your not trash can be incredibly helpful.

My read was that the MC was very socially isolated growing up and her girlfriend was basically the whole of her support network. That's not particularly healthy, but the issue isn't a toxic relationship. It's also not so much a matter of living because she's in love, rather than for herself, as her lover giving her the tools she needs to live.

Okaaay... so the moral would be something like this:
If you are a lesbian surrounded by het girls and are desperate for female companionship, go after the one girl in school who is completely alienated, depressed, has zero self-esteem and may have mental issues. Even if she's straight, she will be so happy she'll agree to anything you want ─ and will even move in with you after you both graduate, as by that time you'll have become her hero, her goddess, and the sun of her life.

Eh, there's worse. I'm not complaining.

I'm not even sure where this one came from. There's no indication that the Senpai chose her out of desperation or that they do not genuinely care about each other. Quite the contrary, the Senpai seems to view her quite highly, despite her issues.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Protagonist could be autistic

I had the same thought.

Interesting. My guess would have been ADD, due to the difficulty following directions and remembering tasks as well as the later assertion that she's still smart and creative. ... There may be some level of bias in my interpretation though; this was painfully relatable, minus the bullying.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Reupload confused me so bad, I was just like... huh, I recognize these characters - oh.

Anyway, I don't think the boi is horrible, but immediately outing 2 people to a bunch of other people and making them gossip, especially in a homophobic society, kinda sucks.

To be fair, Ririko was pretty open about it when he asked. Haa-chan might have said it was a joke afterwards, but the kid is clearly not the sharpest of social butterfly's, so I could very easily see him not realizing he's outing anyone.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hylarn posted:

Is there any same age yuri manga with a height gap over 30 centimeters?

Longrunning idk about, but there's always stuff like https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_foreigner_and_the_insensitive_tomboy as a oneshot. Oh I bet some of the stuff tagged lolicon + older than she looks is but I do not look at the lolicon tag at all.

Older than she looks -Age gap is probably a better bet. 30 cm is pretty extreme, though

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/vacation_maou_to_pet this one it's pretty big but hard to tell the exact number... Maybe if we had characters more from "foreign" lands

That's definitely Age Gap. Unfortunately, the same thing also rules out everything from Nagori Yu.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Quick googling didn't work and it's very late: what is Hakushaku-san based on?

Hasshaku-sama

Wasn't there another story involving a Hasshaku-sama on here?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

OK then, so the sole fact she protest and ask to stop all time long was for nothing. Just for show. I don't think she was "happily going along" like at what moment of her protest she was happy ?

I mean, that is largely the point of a safe-word, right? It allows someone to put up a protest "just for show" while still maintaining a way to actually stop things if they go to far.

She wasn't even happy in the end, let's just call it as what it is: rape. Maybe rape play.

The heart in her final speech balloon would seem to indicate she was teasing or at least somewhat happy with the outcome.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

::blink:: how is it a pair of wrist bindings not connected to anything restrains the arms so thoroughly in these? the Training Diary was better in this regard >.>

Despite her rather vocal protests, she seemed to be happily going along with whatever poses they put her in, including a pair of unconnected cuffs somehow holding her arms behind her head.

Given the fact that they also just happened to have a pair of bondage cuffs and a bullet vibe lying around, I'm going with the head canon that this was all prearranged and the cuffs where their take on a safety word. As long as she keeps her arms above her head it means all's good, despite what she might say, but if she brings them down things stop.

You can't prove I'm wrong.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yeah. The mascots are definitely working together.

Also, I don't think I like the new girl. Her design is nice and all, but her power is a bit too broken to be interesting. It seems like she just wins unless a deus ex machina stops her. Sure, she technically has some sort of time limit on her power use, but that's so ill defined that it's no better than plot convenience.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 28 Jan 03:03
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_05b0b31c25f5e6ddac020a64f97087a6_b30fff23_1280

So ... If someone just purchased this game, is there a particular route to squeeze the most Yuri out of it?

I ask, because there are so many ships and I seem to recall seeing something on here before.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That credit page.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

"So, I want to stay away from you for a while" is correct. Not sure how anyone could interpret it as "So, I don't want to stay away from you for a while". It's not first time ChaosTeam translation wasn't that good, so I probably shouldn't be surprised.

Literal translation: "For a while, I don't want to be together" (in a sense of being in the same place)

Even if their version had the correct meaning, it wouldn't be the correct translation unless something was seriously impairing Kaoru's speech,because that is some very messed up grammar.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I think the idea is that Risako has this tragic flaw where she comes across as so cold and together, everything she does seems like a deliberate master plan even when it's reactive, emotional, or flailing. Her behavior in this chapter is not particularly evil-genius... she seems to legit believe she and Kaoru will be best gal pals with Reiichi off the table, and then later she childishly tries to make Kaoru jealous. There's a kabillion panels, both in the present and in the flashback, where she just seems totally nonplussed by something Kaoru does.

I largely agree, but I think even you are giving her too much credit.

In this the scene on pg 21, when Kaoru tells her she wants to stay away because she reminds her of Reiichi, we get this really great panel of Risako that's a mix between completely dumbfounded and teetering on the edge of despair, where she realized just how badly she f-ed up. I'm not sure what her plan was when she accepted Reiichi's confession, or if she even had one, but she definitely didn't consider the possibility that it could do serious damage to her relationship with Kaoru.

After that conversation, though, she immediately walks out and her behavior does a complete 180, keeping her distance from Kaoru and flaunting her relationship with Reiichi, where before she stayed suspiciously close and seemed to completely ignore the relationship. To me, that doesn't read as trying to get Kaoru jealous, it reads as having given up and lashing out. She might have thought out the individual actions at that point, but not any overall plan or goal. It's just that the relationship was causing her pain, so she wanted someone else to also be in pain. She decided to give up on Kaoru so she wanted to make absolutely sure that bridge was thoroughly burned, so she couldn't look back and second guess her choices.

^ the only reason that I still can't fully trust her is the fact that Kaoru in the present doesn't fully trust her. Kaoru talks about how she's a great liar and how she can't always trust her in present time. That makes me feel like there's more to the story than what we know so far. As far as Kaoru is concerned in the flashback Risako is just mean instead of a good liar with a great pokerface. I wonder what happens that makes her see Risako that way.

I thought her justification for that was Risako making it look like she had no interest in Reiichi and even making it seem like she was in Kaoru's corner until she got together with him and her behavior did it's polar inversion. Without knowing about her true feelings, Kaoru probably assumed that Risako only became her friend in the first place to get close to Reiichi and, once she found out about Kaoru's feelings, eliminate the impression. Being able to keep that act up for years would take both an exceptional liar and a truly manipulative soul.

The fact that she does seem to have a legitimately good poker face, or at least she doesn't show much emotion in general, probably didn't help things.

I'm not saying she's a good person or her behavior was justified. I just don't think she's the manipulative mastermind everyone assumes or even that she's as well put together and in control of her life as she likes to pretend. She very much acts without thinking things through or having a long term plan.

As for her lying about meeting with Reiichi, I don't think we have enough information to know what's going on. It seems pretty unlikely they were actually having an affair, which raises questions about why she lied. Personally, I suspect pg. 21 might be the answer. The last time she pretended to be in a relationship with Reiichi it blew up in her face, so this time she wanted to pretend she had no contact with him whatsoever, so Kaoru wouldn't be mad at her. The idea that Kaoru might find out she was lying probably didn't even enter her head, assuming the whole thing wasn't entirely spur of the moment and it got any thought at all. After that, it was just more flailing when she got caught out.

Speaking of Kaoru and Reiichi's marriage, do we have any indication he's been cheating beyond the inconsistencies with Risako? I'm starting to wonder how many of their marital problems are his fault or based on reality, versus products of Kaoru's own terrible self image and everyone's inability to communicate more competently than a turnup.

last edited at Jan 18, 2020 9:43PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I definitely appreciated the warnings at the front.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 12 Jan 03:46
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
0kypeky

Um actually, titles like "king" and "emperor" are gender neutral and historically have been applied to rulers who were women. The original words only become gendered when using the deliberately gendered distaff counterparts like heroine, actress, and doctoress, etc.

Really? Could you name a few of the female kings?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 12 Jan 03:40
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Eixswntwwaaujc5

Yay. More of these two.

I think the unnerving eyes are part of why I like them so much.