Yandere End

Scenario 3

• Mei ignores Yuzu
  • Yuzu found out Mei knew about the kiss with Matsuri
  • Yuzu gets annoyed with Mei, and blames Matsuri
  • Yuzu chainsaws Mei and Matsuri

Yandere End

Harumin is my favorite, so she lives >:D

Minus the chainsawing part, I can see all of these scenarios happening.

Actually, I have to say that I can see Matsuri going on a chainsawing spree.

Seira
Citrus discussion 09 Apr 18:53
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS and she will not be a b*tch because Yuzu deserves better!

Not like Matsuri is any less of a bitch though, and I feel like any character introduced after Matsuri will be a bitch as well. It seems to be a pattern.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This series is seriously filled with a lot of mysteries.

My speculations:

Theory #1:
In the show, PV and manga, Haru mentions a few times that she will definitely live long enough to graduate. I get this odd feeling that something will happen to her afterwards. She lives life like she might die the next day, but that behavior isn't exactly normal when you keep another point in mind - which I will mention in theory #3.

Theory #2:
Somehow, I get the feeling that this Kurogumi is not actually for the twelve assassins to kill Haru, but rather, for Haru to survive amongst the class. I know they sound almost exactly the same, but I hope you guys get what I mean. What made me think this way was at the end of the first episode in the series, where the principal expressed her curiosity in how /Haru/ would do in the class.

Theory #3:
At one point, I thought Haruki was the real target simply because she said she didn't want Tokaku to discover her scent, but I guess that probably isn't it considering Nio wants Haru dead. Anyway, somewhat bouncing off of theory #2; it's possible that Haru might be from some sort of suspicious household where she was never allowed to go to school and thus soaks in this opportunity to be at high school. One thing I find really suspicious is that according to the Japanese Wikipedia page, Haru told Tokaku that her parents and her brothers got killed while protecting her, but Nio strictly tells Haruki that Haru actually killed them. This could mean two things. Either: Haru has no recollection of the killings (if Nio is telling the truth - but I see no reason for her to lie) OR Haru intends on pulling Tokaku's strings like a puppet.

last edited at Apr 8, 2014 11:47PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The "Heartbeat" part was actually supposed to be more of a caught off by surprise thing. It didn't directly translate into a flinch or anything (plus, that wouldn't really fit in especially with a star next to it), so I tried to differentiate it from the rest of the heart "thumping" noises by calling it a heart "beat" instead.

Basically, Eri didn't expect to see Satou-kun (especially not with Honoka clinging on so tightly like that), but I'm pretty sure Honoka noticed Eri staring at the guy. The last page gave me bad vibes though, considering if Honoka did notice Eri staring at Satou-kun, it was more like she wanted to go to Eri's house to keep her in her possession.

A toxic relationship indeed.

It says chapter 2.1, but what if it's actually a flashback prior to the whole messy fiasco? I feel like it would make a lot sense too since seeing Satou (if that's really him) surprises Eri rather than makes her feel guilty of "using him" (which I feel like, would in fact happen if she were ever to bump into him again).

Boom. What up.

[Lol, yeah, not all relationships are all fluffy and sweet.]

A flashback, huh? Never thought about it that way. It would make sense even if it wasn't a flashback though. The author did stick this extra four page short after the second part, which is why I jumped the gun and assumed it took place when they already got together. I mean, if this took place after the main story, Eri feeling guilty definitely is a possibility, but on the other hand, this scene might be the reason why Honoka mentions that Satou-kun might like Eri since he has always been staring at her.

God, I'm so confused now, but I'll just go with it being a flashback because it makes more sense.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Re-read the other ones to read this one, I kinda think the feelings are mutual... kinda...

Chapter 1 http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/girls_monochrome_ch01#19
Thats the possessive girl's last thoughts are of her trying to hold back her feelings, when Eri was trying to part ways with her.

Chapter 1 and 2, flashbacks of her teasing Eri already knowing about her (Eri's) feelings.

Now on the extra, I think Honoka got jealous thinking that Eri was looking at the dude at the door, might be her possessive side acting up.

Honoka has a possessive and toxic way of thinking... but that does not mean that there are no feelings behind it. Not exactly a healthy relationship, but it can work.

(I might be wrong, these chapters are somewhat ambiguous due to Honoka's way of thinking.)

Still... I don't like this. haha.

All the comments are funked up right now... but anyway.
I got thrown off by the "Heartbeat ★!" part because it looked like Eri was getting some flutters from the guy, but if you look back at previous panels, there's a bunch of "thump thump" and blushes when Honoka is holding onto Eri. Bunch of hearts there too. So basically, the way I see it is that Eri was just looking up and saw the guy looking at her, and Honoka just got a tad bit jealous. But Eri and Honoka are very much mutually in love.

To be honest, through personal experience, having a thing for leading on/teasing your partner is not a good idea... it can make your partner feel really insecure all the time and make them more prone to leave you because it just hurts them. Obviously I don't think Honoka really meant to push Eri away and make her date Satou-kun (etc), but only wanted Eri to love her more, but then stuff got her confused and she like, left. But lol, now Honoka is getting jelly and insecure hahahah. No wonder why she wants to claim Eri back again. ;D

I also see the boxed quotes as from Eri's point of view, since it starts of with "I love school" "Because it's the place where I get to see my loved one everyday" yada yada, and it pans to Eri's face looking directly at the "camera" while Honoka is looking joyously amongst her friends. Y'know, from media class, this usually signals that the speaker is the one looking at the camera.

The "Heartbeat" part was actually supposed to be more of a caught off by surprise thing. It didn't directly translate into a flinch or anything (plus, that wouldn't really fit in especially with a star next to it), so I tried to differentiate it from the rest of the heart "thumping" noises by calling it a heart "beat" instead.

Basically, Eri didn't expect to see Satou-kun (especially not with Honoka clinging on so tightly like that), but I'm pretty sure Honoka noticed Eri staring at the guy. The last page gave me bad vibes though, considering if Honoka did notice Eri staring at Satou-kun, it was more like she wanted to go to Eri's house to keep her in her possession.

A toxic relationship indeed.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.1

Original series' comments can be found here.

Comment sections got all mixed up because I originally uploaded this as a series - incorrectly - then changed it to an anthology. After some unexpected confusion in the comments, I decided to turn the three chapters from the two-shot+extra into a series.

Long-winded explanation over, more possessive girls like Honoka demanded.

What will happen to the other chapters then? They're one shots, but all part of the doujin nonetheless. There are three more chapters left.

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 7:11PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Man, I saw the movie in theatres a few months back and the reactions were so priceless.

In any case, I was under the impression that the third movie was a direct sequel to the second movie and should not be taken as canon within the actual TV series.

I never watched the first or second movies because I was under the impression that they were recaps of the series. I've only seen the series. Are they that different? Did I miss out?

The first two movies are not that different from the series, so you do not have to watch them. However, they are still worth a watch if you have time, as many parts were reanimated, I believe everything was revoiced and the art is just absolutely amazing. The movies also have new soundtracks, so it's definitely not something you want to miss out on.

The only thing is I heard the movies make up a trilogy, so even if the first two are recaps, the third movie is only a sequel for that. I know it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Man, I saw the movie in theatres a few months back and the reactions were so priceless.

In any case, I was under the impression that the third movie was a direct sequel to the second movie and should not be taken as canon within the actual TV series.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

NICELY DONE for the TL notes.

Notes
P013, the plant ency:

Sunflower (Helianthus annuus)

Magnoliophyta
Magnoliopsida
Asteraceae

Its seeds can be used to extract (food) oil.

Flowering period:
Jul. 10th ~ Sep. 10th

Flower language:
My eyes are only on you.

I was going to include it, but I didn't want to clean it or make a fool out of myself if I screwed up the translation because I know absolutely NOTHING about flowers whatsoever.

Thank you kindly for the translation though! Saves me from a load of embarrassment. ; A ;

Basically, just Wiki "Sunflower" and switch the language to Japanese, then you'll find the scientific staff on the right.

Seeing the CV pairing of Tamura*Mizuki here is really unexpected.

BTW, are you guys in short of TL'ers?

Ooh, didn't know about that. I googled sunflowers but I actually got lost in the Wikipedia article... in English. As you can tell, I'm not a very natureish person. I haven't taken any earth sciences either, so don't blame me, haha.

The raw showed a corner of the "ta" character and the full "mura" character, followed by a "mizu", so I kind of assumed it was Tamura x Mizuki. I don't think there could be anyone else though, but I may be wrong.

I'm not so sure about translators right now, actually. I'm still trying to figure out what I should do with the site & the people I have now.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

NICELY DONE for the TL notes.

Notes
P013, the plant ency:

Sunflower (Helianthus annuus)

Magnoliophyta
Magnoliopsida
Asteraceae

Its seeds can be used to extract (food) oil.

Flowering period:
Jul. 10th ~ Sep. 10th

Flower language:
My eyes are only on you.

I was going to include it, but I didn't want to clean it or make a fool out of myself if I screwed up the translation because I know absolutely NOTHING about flowers whatsoever.

Thank you kindly for the translation though! Saves me from a load of embarrassment. ; A ;

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I have a friend that used to suffer from bulimia and binge eating. She's better now since I told her mom about it, but while she was going through it, she'd maintain a happy and bubbly personality most of the time to hide her needs for attention and company. At one point, she admitted herself that somewhere down the line, her bulimia turned into a cry for help.

I was instantly reminded of her when I saw Meru trying to purge. After getting bullied like that, I can see why she'd attempt to shape herself into perfection both personality-wise and physically. Meru's the type that gets lonely easily and fears abandonment & rejection. She also likes to run away from things that she doesn't want to hear, it seems.

I think that Meru is a pretty realistic character. I used to hate her because she seemed like the gag character who kept interfering with Asuna & Fue, but I think her actions are justified now.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm deluding myself into thinking that this is canon.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

"And did you dye you hair green?"

Uh... don't some of her other friends have pretty unusual hair colors as well? Why is this the first time she is noticing?

The manga is using the Western range of hair colours; Akina is blonde, Touko and Konatsu are redheads, and everyone else is brunette. Green is still weird

Though I think Akina bleached her hair because Makoto has black hair, but you never know what sort of other possibilities exist.

Anyway, lately, I've been getting very subtle Love Lab vibes from this... simply because of Akina's lie and the fact that Kaede sort of reminds me of Maki in a way.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I didn't notice that Yuichi's eyes were open until she started eating the donut. I thought she was blind, but it really didn't make sense how she was able to complete her student council work and look at people when they were speaking. Then again, her ears could've been super amazing and all.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Is it only me or are their necks a bit too long? (slightly disturbing)

Now I cannot unsee

Not to mention, did you notice how rare it is for someone in this to tilt or turn their head? It's oddly stiff.

Moon, World and Giraffes.

I had to reread this for the third time before I noticed the necks.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This was really cute. It could be a very fluffy story and... just saw it is OS ...well nevermind.

I feel like your avatar describes my reaction perfectly.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yeah, when I finished reading this, I was plenty confused too. I didn't know what to think when Honoka suggested that they should go back to the way things were before, and I was really baffled that she wanted to go on another trip. Poor Eri.

I wonder if I was the only one who made the connection between the Love Live! names though (Honoka & Eri).

Anyway, the next few one-shots are, I suppose, a step up from whatever train wreck happened here.