Forum › Girls Monochrome ch2.1 discussion

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

I NEED MOAR!

Edit: Oh wait, it's in a series.

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 12:02PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Re-read the other ones to read this one, I kinda think the feelings are mutual... kinda...

Chapter 1 http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/girls_monochrome_ch01#19
Thats the possessive girl's last thoughts are of her trying to hold back her feelings, when Eri was trying to part ways with her.

Chapter 1 and 2, flashbacks of her teasing Eri already knowing about her (Eri's) feelings.

Now on the extra, I think Honoka got jealous thinking that Eri was looking at the dude at the door, might be her possessive side acting up.

Honoka has a possessive and toxic way of thinking... but that does not mean that there are no feelings behind it. Not exactly a healthy relationship, but it can work.

(I might be wrong, these chapters are somewhat ambiguous due to Honoka's way of thinking.)

Still... I don't like this. haha.

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 12:42PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

...This was a rather useless extra

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

that guy might be satou-kun.....
Honoka had to be more wary as Eri said she dated a guy.
more enemy.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Re-read the other ones to read this one, I kinda think the feelings are mutual... kinda...

Thats the possessive girl's last thoughts are of her trying to hold back her feelings, when Eri was trying to part ways with her.

Chapter 1 and 2, flashbacks of her teasing Eri already knowing about her (Eri's) feelings.

Now on the extra, I think Honoka got jealous thinking that Eri was looking at the dude at the door, might be her possessive side acting up.

Honoka has a possessive and toxic way of thinking... but that does not mean that there are no feelings behind it. Not exactly a healthy relationship, but it can work.

(I might be wrong, these chapters are somewhat ambiguous due to Honoka's way of thinking.)

not every relationship is perfect, plus to be fair i kinda didn't properly understand what eri was doing for a few seconds before it registered so i don't blame honoka for getting confused and assuming she was looking at that guy.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

All the comments are funked up right now... but anyway.
I got thrown off by the "Heartbeat ★!" part because it looked like Eri was getting some flutters from the guy, but if you look back at previous panels, there's a bunch of "thump thump" and blushes when Honoka is holding onto Eri. Bunch of hearts there too. So basically, the way I see it is that Eri was just looking up and saw the guy looking at her, and Honoka just got a tad bit jealous. But Eri and Honoka are very much mutually in love.

To be honest, through personal experience, having a thing for leading on/teasing your partner is not a good idea... it can make your partner feel really insecure all the time and make them more prone to leave you because it just hurts them. Obviously I don't think Honoka really meant to push Eri away and make her date Satou-kun (etc), but only wanted Eri to love her more, but then stuff got her confused and she like, left. But lol, now Honoka is getting jelly and insecure hahahah. No wonder why she wants to claim Eri back again. ;D

I also see the boxed quotes as from Eri's point of view, since it starts of with "I love school" "Because it's the place where I get to see my loved one everyday" yada yada, and it pans to Eri's face looking directly at the "camera" while Honoka is looking joyously amongst her friends. Y'know, from media class, this usually signals that the speaker is the one looking at the camera.

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 11:00PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

All the comments are funked up right now... but anyway.
I got thrown off by the "Heartbeat ★!" part because it looked like Eri was getting some flutters from the guy, but if you look back at previous panels, there's a bunch of "thump thump" and blushes when Honoka is holding onto Eri. Bunch of hearts there too. So basically, the way I see it is that Eri was just looking up and saw the guy looking at her, and Honoka just got a tad bit jealous. But Eri and Honoka are very much mutually in love.

To be honest, through personal experience, having a thing for leading on/teasing your partner is not a good idea... it can make your partner feel really insecure all the time and make them more prone to leave you because it just hurts them. Obviously I don't think Honoka really meant to push Eri away and make her date Satou-kun (etc), but only wanted Eri to love her more, but then stuff got her confused and she like, left. But lol, now Honoka is getting jelly and insecure hahahah. No wonder why she wants to claim Eri back again. ;D

I also see the boxed quotes as from Eri's point of view, since it starts of with "I love school" "Because it's the place where I get to see my loved one everyday" yada yada, and it pans to Eri's face looking directly at the "camera" while Honoka is looking joyously amongst her friends. Y'know, from media class, this usually signals that the speaker is the one looking at the camera.

The "Heartbeat" part was actually supposed to be more of a caught off by surprise thing. It didn't directly translate into a flinch or anything (plus, that wouldn't really fit in especially with a star next to it), so I tried to differentiate it from the rest of the heart "thumping" noises by calling it a heart "beat" instead.

Basically, Eri didn't expect to see Satou-kun (especially not with Honoka clinging on so tightly like that), but I'm pretty sure Honoka noticed Eri staring at the guy. The last page gave me bad vibes though, considering if Honoka did notice Eri staring at Satou-kun, it was more like she wanted to go to Eri's house to keep her in her possession.

A toxic relationship indeed.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

The "Heartbeat" part was actually supposed to be more of a caught off by surprise thing. It didn't directly translate into a flinch or anything (plus, that wouldn't really fit in especially with a star next to it), so I tried to differentiate it from the rest of the heart "thumping" noises by calling it a heart "beat" instead.

Basically, Eri didn't expect to see Satou-kun (especially not with Honoka clinging on so tightly like that), but I'm pretty sure Honoka noticed Eri staring at the guy. The last page gave me bad vibes though, considering if Honoka did notice Eri staring at Satou-kun, it was more like she wanted to go to Eri's house to keep her in her possession.

It says chapter 2.1, but what if it's actually a flashback prior to the whole messy fiasco? I feel like it would make a lot sense too since seeing Satou (if that's really him) surprises Eri rather than makes her feel guilty of "using him" (which I feel like, would in fact happen if she were ever to bump into him again).

Boom. What up.

[Lol, yeah, not all relationships are all fluffy and sweet.]

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 11:48PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

It says chapter 2.1, but what if it's actually a flashback prior to the whole messy fiasco? I feel like it would make a lot sense too since seeing Satou (if that's really him) surprises Eri rather than makes her feel guilty of "using him" (which I feel like, would in fact happen if she were ever to bump into him again).

Boom. What up.

[Lol, yeah, not all relationships are all fluffy and sweet.]

A flashback, huh? Never thought about it that way. It would make sense even if it wasn't a flashback though. The author did stick this extra four page short after the second part, which is why I jumped the gun and assumed it took place when they already got together. I mean, if this took place after the main story, Eri feeling guilty definitely is a possibility, but on the other hand, this scene might be the reason why Honoka mentions that Satou-kun might like Eri since he has always been staring at her.

God, I'm so confused now, but I'll just go with it being a flashback because it makes more sense.

To reply you must either login or sign up.