Forum › Madoka Movie 3 discussion {SPOILERS}

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Man, I saw the movie in theatres a few months back and the reactions were so priceless.

In any case, I was under the impression that the third movie was a direct sequel to the second movie and should not be taken as canon within the actual TV series.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Man, I saw the movie in theatres a few months back and the reactions were so priceless.

In any case, I was under the impression that the third movie was a direct sequel to the second movie and should not be taken as canon within the actual TV series.

I never watched the first or second movies because I was under the impression that they were recaps of the series. I've only seen the series. Are they that different? Did I miss out?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I never watched the first or second movies because I was under the impression that they were recaps of the series. I've only seen the series. Are they that different? Did I miss out?

The first two movies are not that different from the series, so you do not have to watch them. However, they are still worth a watch if you have time, as many parts were reanimated, I believe everything was revoiced and the art is just absolutely amazing. The movies also have new soundtracks, so it's definitely not something you want to miss out on.

The only thing is I heard the movies make up a trilogy, so even if the first two are recaps, the third movie is only a sequel for that. I know it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

The first two movies are not that different from the series, so you do not have to watch them. However, they are still worth a watch if you have time, as many parts were reanimated, I believe everything was revoiced and the art is just absolutely amazing. The movies also have new soundtracks, so it's definitely not something you want to miss out on.

The only thing is I heard the movies make up a trilogy, so even if the first two are recaps, the third movie is only a sequel for that. I know it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

New voices... reanimated... art... ;_; will watch then.

I really loved the art in the third movie. Actually, just everything Madoka in general. The switch in art styles and the animations are always just amazing.

Now to wait for the next movie.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

On a slightly related note, Netflix now has the series on its streaming service. You can watch both the sub and eng dub versions.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

A little bit out of topic, I heard the live action version of Rebellion Story is being made.

To reply you must either login or sign up.