Forum › Posts by Kiena

joined May 20, 2013

Good for Izumi. Probably even better, to be honest.

joined May 20, 2013

Is this what is called gap moe?

The very definition of it.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The focus made the twist very obvious from the moment Maki was down the next day. (There is a live action film about step-sisters falling in love and after finding out going to look for their father together. I don't remember the title, though.) My real problems with the one-shot are how and where it ends, leaving way too much open for the readers to fill in towards any sort of resolution. (Plus not asking about the other's father is more careless than considerate when there is such a big coincidence and someone doesn't know anything about the life of hers. I also sometimes wonder if I happen to have any half-siblings.)

Edit:

I want to put in my own interpretation on this one shot. I don't think the girl is really worried ...

That's certainly part of it, and thanks for pointing it out. There just isn't anything conclusive about any of her, or rather, their feelings in the long run...

last edited at May 7, 2020 3:13AM

Kiena
Our Time discussion 02 May 18:21
joined May 20, 2013

The concept of marriage in current Japan makes the answer "yes" to that question. Unless her mother oversimplified the rule by saying "marry."

joined May 20, 2013

i wonder what kind of ending will this manga have

at first i thought “sure, Uta will end up with Kaoru eventually, after they build their relationship and stuff” it would be a predictable ending, yes, but it would mean that at least the manga “told a story” uknow like Uta and Kaoru started this way, and now theyre THAT way

but it really doesnt look like the ending will have them together so i wonder what’s the author trying to achieve with this series with their characters staying pretty much the same way? I mean, that’s wrong to say bc they sure had development but its kind of underwhelming for a romance story.

It's a good question why the Romance tag is there. Not much of that can be seen. Rather, it's turning into an unrequited love triangle (the three adults) with Uta as an extra.

Kiena
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 29 Apr 16:58
joined May 20, 2013

You can relax as long as you're close with me. Sounds like a threat.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Well, I hope the original mangaka doesn’t get pissed over using their intellectual property, but I hear such plagiarism is welcome as a sort of free advertising for the original IP over in Japan.

I’d like to see such mature content for MC in canon; however, it would detract from the author’s intent of showing how their relationship improves over time.

You've been around long enough to post 771 times and you don't know about how massive (and accepted) the doujinshi subculture is? headscratch

Have you looked at the name above the post count?

joined May 20, 2013

Why so ominous?

Kiena
Semelparous discussion 22 Apr 09:11
joined May 20, 2013

The original one-shot was fine, and the setting memorable, but after Gamma I don't expect too much good from this serialization. The biggest change so far didn't make me feel better about it, either.

joined May 20, 2013

It's nice to see new chapters. A little problem:

Page 14 of chapter 23 is broken. (It has 0 size in the downloaded archive, too. It's fine on MD.)

joined May 20, 2013

Before reading further than the first page... I don't appreciate the flopping. ("God intended," seriously?)

Then I thought about the date again...

last edited at Apr 1, 2020 3:05AM

joined May 20, 2013

also, is it okay to say this is yuri and not subtext, right?

I only saw the Yuri tag on it.

I misunderstood the question at first, sorry. There is no Subtext, especially because of the mirror kiss. So Yuri, for sure.

joined May 20, 2013

Depressing as fuck

Definitely another good tag for it.
For once it's a good thing a one-shot is so short. Though the work on it is still appreciated.

joined May 20, 2013

also, is it okay to say this is yuri and not subtext, right?

I only saw the Yuri tag on it.

I'd say more Aaaangst than Drama

Agreed.

Maybe yuri crush???

The definition of Yuri crush (a.k.a. Schoolgirl Crush) probably doesn't fit this one. Is there another tag for one-sided romantic love?

last edited at Mar 26, 2020 3:38AM

joined May 20, 2013

So close and yet never ever that close... Drama, Aaaaaangst?

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Idol-zoned...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Romance? It's eluding my attention so far. (Plus there is neither Yuri nor Het to point where to look for it.)

joined May 20, 2013

It's weird feeling relieved about Aiko's misfortune because it didn't turn into a love triangle.

Kiena
1 x ½ discussion 22 Mar 10:18
joined May 20, 2013

From an older post of mine:

The end of chapter 15 reminds me of 15Y+. (Coincidence with the numbers?) I really hope this prediction won't come true, either.

It ended up going in a similar direction... Things probably won't go that far in this series. Probably... If Ayako quickly recognizes the same difference that Asuka did in this chapter...

last edited at Mar 22, 2020 10:19AM

joined May 20, 2013

"We haven't done anything worth getting riled up about yet anyhow."

uh seeing as we've established they have lots of sex, what on earth is she talking about here?

About the place they are at.

Kiena
Citrus + discussion 20 Mar 08:18
joined May 20, 2013

If only Mei started acting like this in the original series... Well, better late than never.

Kiena
1 x ½ discussion 18 Mar 22:27
joined May 20, 2013

anyone else getting whiplash from the tone shifts in the manga?

Definitely. As if YURI DRILL's tone rubbed off on it now.

Kiena
1 x ½ discussion 18 Mar 21:53
joined May 20, 2013

Holy...

Other than that, thanks for working on the series.

Kiena
New Game discussion 12 Mar 22:10
joined May 20, 2013

I haven't been following this series, but felt like responding to this particular message:

There is not a single programmer who has worked in a professional environment for longer than a week who would write a bunch of code and not test it to see if it works before turning it in.

Is the source of your statements work experience? If it is, I'd like to work where you do. I find it very dangerous that some people really believe what you wrote is the universal truth.

That just doesn't happen, it makes no sense what so ever. Its clear you and the author have never done proper coding. There is no speeding through a project long before the deadline and not running it at least once to see if it works.

Once you witness it in practice, it makes sense, even if it doesn't make it any better. As an example, when in the development process people later manually test the integrated features and report the bugs, resulting in separate tasks for the developers, irresponsible programmers may feel inclined to just pass on what they wrote, without running it even once, being all confident in their abilities. This lets them very quickly finish their tasks, and "in the worst case" they get another, about a bug. Then they finish fixing only that bug, and wait for the next one to be discovered, while making good progress on other tasks. If the progress is not properly assessed and the supervisors don't see the relationship between the initial task and the endless fixes, people can get away with such an approach, or may not even realize how inefficient they do their job. The next step is to imagine what happens if the manual testing doesn't cover the feature at all, for one reason or another...

Quality control on all levels is still a massive issue for a lot of reasons, one being that writing the sufficient automated tests, despite all the available tools and libraries, tends to consume more resources than the features' development itself, and it's hard to prove how much work doesn't have to be done later thanks to them. Especially to people with little idea about software development.

Again, this isn't about the series; I'll yet have to eventually see how it unfolded in the story. Also, I'd rather not get into how to avoid these things. That would fill books and it's a constant battle anyway...

last edited at Mar 13, 2020 3:32AM

joined May 20, 2013

Suggested the tag change from Maho x Miho to Mako x Miho.