Forum › Posts by Kiena

joined May 20, 2013

This premise would've been worth a longer story. The art was already good. (I mean, like, in the upper right corner it's the prettiest English girlfriend ever. I'm sorry.) After the school life getting stale, the story could've gone deeper into its fantasy setting, too. Maybe it will serve as a long pilot, and there will be a longer, better-paced story about them someday. At least it has the potential for ending well.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The manga was great, and the credits page even better...

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 8:49AM

Kiena
Haru Ni discussion 29 Jun 11:45
joined May 20, 2013

This was somehow more beautiful than such a depressing story has any right to be.

She probably took the safest route by confessing right before their separation.

joined May 20, 2013

I was expecting the last two pages. If they'll be on equal ground, I won't mind anything they consent to and stays between them... There is still the blackmailing, though, so probably some more twists can be expected.

Kiena
Image Comments 17 Jun 19:42
joined May 20, 2013
Eyrz8k9vaaukh2q-orig

^^^ The last season confirmed that Penny has a female soul. The way it did would be an even bigger spoiler..

joined May 20, 2013

This was kind of worth the wait.

Kiena
Chiral discussion 15 Jun 06:55
joined May 20, 2013

The spoilers on page 2 are great. Skipped.

joined May 20, 2013

It was obvious a dark twist was coming, but it was still awful. That diversion by accusing the person you betray of your own wrongdoing...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Did you see that drama yesterday, too? The one that ended with the 15th episode.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

After some of the comments, I read a few parts again and noticed the one mentioning the fingers, which tells that the senpai and the "prince" (who is actually younger) had some sort of sexual relationship for a while already. There are signs of the senpai enjoying it, too, but I still think that it is poorly executed and quite disturbing. It's definitely not a normal situation despite the prince's nonsense about all-girl schools, and together with the later events involving senpai's panties, all of it is humiliating, rather than funny.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I managed half of it before I pressed close.

I wish I had done the same. It is terrible. Please add at least one warning tag, like Rape.

Kiena
Liberty discussion 26 May 11:11
joined May 20, 2013

What I have in mind: Confrontation with Maki hitting senpai (as if), Liz protecting her, and Maki leaving as a result. Then while talking about how things will go back to how they were, senpai brings up the matter of her husband. Just to twist the knife.

joined May 20, 2013

Does that coworker call her Wanko?

joined May 20, 2013

Page 1: Is this angst? Why there no comments so I can look it up before reading.........?!
Page 2: Okay, is this about an asexual persons daily life? cause I can relate!!
Page 3 & 4: Daily conflicts of an asexual person?
Page 5: I too hangout alone........it's rather fun!!
Page 6: Wild plot suddenly appears!!
Page 10: Still not sure if this is Yuri or the relationship of an Asexual person......!

I too was confused by it at first, but I mean, looking more into it, they're living together, touchy feely with one another, and the tag is Yuri so i'm assuming it's one of those relationships where you're both in love, dating, but behave more like best friends than lovers.

A best friends only couple relationship is pretty much the definition of an asexual relationship. But, it's probably just me interpreting it as such since many movies and stories have already overused the insipid need behind wanting a relationship/marriage is solely 'just to have sex'.

Hmm, I had to skim through it a 2nd time, and it kind of reminds me of the relationship Yuu and Touko had in the beginning of Bloom Into You lol, I still wish we could've gotten more context on it tho, the Yuri tag is kind of throwing me off tbh..

Except they're not living together. Mai asks if she can visit, although they are close enough for her to just go ahead and for them to be relaxed around each other. Given only this, Mai's first reaction to the hint of a confession, and the part about Saki's heart withering, together suggest to me that they aren't in a relationship. Mai could even be married while being an old and close friend, or having a sisterly role in Saki's life. (Mai's later disappointment may be a sign of her feelings that aren't reciprocated by Saki, but it could have various other meanings, too.)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

There could be a tag like Open end, Loose end, or Lots of loose threads.

Kiena
Semelparous discussion 19 May 04:51
joined May 20, 2013

I only see death flags, too. Good work making it feel like a miracle if someone doesn't die.

last edited at May 19, 2020 4:57AM

joined May 20, 2013

Good for Izumi. Probably even better, to be honest.

joined May 20, 2013

Is this what is called gap moe?

The very definition of it.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The focus made the twist very obvious from the moment Maki was down the next day. (There is a live action film about step-sisters falling in love and after finding out going to look for their father together. I don't remember the title, though.) My real problems with the one-shot are how and where it ends, leaving way too much open for the readers to fill in towards any sort of resolution. (Plus not asking about the other's father is more careless than considerate when there is such a big coincidence and someone doesn't know anything about the life of hers. I also sometimes wonder if I happen to have any half-siblings.)

Edit:

I want to put in my own interpretation on this one shot. I don't think the girl is really worried ...

That's certainly part of it, and thanks for pointing it out. There just isn't anything conclusive about any of her, or rather, their feelings in the long run...

last edited at May 7, 2020 3:13AM

Kiena
Our Time discussion 02 May 18:21
joined May 20, 2013

The concept of marriage in current Japan makes the answer "yes" to that question. Unless her mother oversimplified the rule by saying "marry."

joined May 20, 2013

i wonder what kind of ending will this manga have

at first i thought “sure, Uta will end up with Kaoru eventually, after they build their relationship and stuff” it would be a predictable ending, yes, but it would mean that at least the manga “told a story” uknow like Uta and Kaoru started this way, and now theyre THAT way

but it really doesnt look like the ending will have them together so i wonder what’s the author trying to achieve with this series with their characters staying pretty much the same way? I mean, that’s wrong to say bc they sure had development but its kind of underwhelming for a romance story.

It's a good question why the Romance tag is there. Not much of that can be seen. Rather, it's turning into an unrequited love triangle (the three adults) with Uta as an extra.

Kiena
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 29 Apr 16:58
joined May 20, 2013

You can relax as long as you're close with me. Sounds like a threat.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Well, I hope the original mangaka doesn’t get pissed over using their intellectual property, but I hear such plagiarism is welcome as a sort of free advertising for the original IP over in Japan.

I’d like to see such mature content for MC in canon; however, it would detract from the author’s intent of showing how their relationship improves over time.

You've been around long enough to post 771 times and you don't know about how massive (and accepted) the doujinshi subculture is? headscratch

Have you looked at the name above the post count?

joined May 20, 2013

Why so ominous?

Kiena
Semelparous discussion 22 Apr 09:11
joined May 20, 2013

The original one-shot was fine, and the setting memorable, but after Gamma I don't expect too much good from this serialization. The biggest change so far didn't make me feel better about it, either.