Forum › Posts by Lifecharacter

Lifecharacter
Transgender discussion 14 Apr 14:28
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Always a good sign when the person telling a trans person to shut up because the sanctity of a thread supersedes their issue with being told that yuri precludes trans girls/women slips up and misgenders them.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

"It's weird that you invited Nobara to your house but not me."

"Well Misa, Nobara never left me alone on a rock in the ocean when she knew I couldn't swim."

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

"Conquest 3: The yuri queen appears."

I'm Listening.

Lifecharacter
Elena discussion 03 Apr 19:58
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I never knew how much I wanted Theme Park x Schoolgirl Yuri until now.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Like, I imagine that her mother is busy with work and is responsible for making sure Yuzumori has food and clothes and a home, but for fuck's sake hire a damn babysitter. Don't just leave your young child home alone at night so much that it's the damn standard.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

He is being pushy and harassing her. He fully deserves the slap and more, being a complete and utter douchebag. He fails to respect her "cut that out" and "stop - let go of me", which is deplorable and a real world issue that we see all too often. Still, those actions do not constitute rape. The distinction is important.

After the slap, lets go and does not follow her. It is a sad state of affairs that it takes that much to make him realise he stepped over the line, but even in western culture it is not uncommon for it to go that far. This is problem with the way all too many societies see us women as something to be conquered, and is even more pronounced in many Asian cultures.

Obviously the actions of forcefully dragging a woman away from public to force yourself on her does not constitute rape in itself. I took issue with the idea that doing so while said woman screams "No" and "Let go of me" with the clear intention of assaulting her is just being pushy and harassing "but no more than that." Attempted sexual assault (and regular assault, considering he dragged her by the arm and threw her against a tree) is not something that should be downplayed as pushiness and harassment.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I am honestly a bit confused here... How and where do you see this story containing anything akin to rape? The guy was pushy and harassing, yes, but no more than that. The two main characters always respected each others wishes, never going farther than what was comfortable for both of them.

It seems a bit odd to call a guy who dragged a girl into a secluded area with her shouting "No" and "Let go of me" the entire way, threw her against a tree, and then tried to force himself on her as just "pushy and harassing" and no more than that. I mean, I guess we could be incredibly generous and assume that he wasn't going to actually do something, but generosity is typically something you don't want to give to someone who was clearly about to sexually assault someone.

Also, are we meant to believe that whoever took the photos just came straight to the company to hand them over? Because my first thought is that their boss has people following them around waiting to catch them if they dare slip up and engage in any activity that implies that they're not the property of their fans, who will also refuse to help someone who is clearly being forcefully dragged into a secluded area to be assaulted.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 10 Jan 02:50
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
57795322_p1

Having looked at at least one of the articles and listening to the actual dialogue, it's literally just Mercy and Genji giving each other chocolate with seemingly no romantic overtones in the delivery. I mean, it could just be a hint of what'll actually happen with the full event, but they're supposed to be friends and it is a Valentines event, so it could easily be nothing.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 29 Dec 01:31
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
60538622_p0

I guess they were disappointed by the ending too.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

and we finally got a KumiRei doujin just after the ship sank in the Anime Series

I don't want to know but now that you said it I have to know. Please explain

Reina for whatever reason is pining for her teacher...

That was always a thing, but it was incredibly limited in the first season to the point where I can only remember a single scene where it came up before seemingly everyone forgot about it. Season two, on the other hand, has put a big ol' spotlight on the thing. There were a few big moments of this, but it's also permeated a lot of her character beyond said moments.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

So at what point was that octopus supposed to be dead? Did it die when she was cramming a bunch of salt into its face? Or did it die after being lowered slowly into a pot of boiling water, tentacles first, for the sake of making it curl in an attractive and convenient manner?

Lifecharacter
Walk Wit Me discussion 13 Jul 13:44
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

So pretty sure guy stepping up is Wendy's returned father.

Pretty sure it's not, considering that the chapter opens with Wendy talking about how she won't get into Heaven "where Papa is." http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/walk_wit_me_last_part#2

Also, considering how the mother's crying in response to her daughter threatening to cut her open was the thing that brought up the whole "it was my mom who was crying all those times" I highly doubt she was crying because of her adultery rather than crying from the abuse she suffered from her horrible daughter.

last edited at Jul 13, 2016 1:44PM

Lifecharacter
Walk Wit Me discussion 13 Jul 13:00
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Somehow I doubt that Marly's going to have a good time in the future, what with being in a relationship with a girl who violently abused her mother to the point of potentially causing a miscarriage because she cheated on her father when he was fighting (and dying) in a war. That and grabbing Marly's arm was enough to make Wendy threaten to cut her mother's stomach open with a broken tea pot.

Though maybe she'll run away from the violent, abusive yandere once she's out of town...

Lifecharacter
New Game discussion 09 Apr 12:13
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

So, rather than Kirby eating a monster to gain powers, this game character's going to beat up a monster, tear its skin off, and then turn it into a cute little outfit to gain powers from it.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Those puns tho.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Wat

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

My memory is a bit shaby regarding original so I'm a tad confused why Touka suddenly started to care about Hajime's skin reveal...

It seems that once the god of Nagano leaves you, you start to have an understanding of clothing more in line with real life rather than Saki's universe of non-existent underwear and clothing that looks as though it wouldn't cover anything if not for convenient camera angles.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 06 Feb 00:32
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
7825eb649982da5ab111eddc7d06d2fc

She showed up for about 10 seconds during that part after the kelp monster to basically say she's not going to do anything about the ghost town. It's sad that the season ended before she starts showing up more, but I'm just kind of glad that they didn't give her a similar "12 year old with the worst dress for levitation and seemingly no underwear" character design.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Like, I can kind of understand the frustration with giving a lot of attention to side characters as opposed to focusing almost exclusively on the main couple, but they did just introduce a pretty standard plot trigger with this recent one. Not only is there a (completely ineffectual, but she obsessives over things so it doesn't really matter) threat to Shiramine, but they're all going to a festival together.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

It's cute and fun, but like some others the fanservice was just unnecessary and the "haha sexual harassment/outright assault is funny" bits make it harder and harder to enjoy it the more they pile up.

Also I definitely don't ship Kurona and Koma. Not one bit. Even though they're adorable...

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 21 Jan 10:56
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
31043603_p0

And this is how you avoid an entire OVA's worth of angst and Otherworld fighting.

Lifecharacter
Teppu discussion 06 Nov 21:53
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Well, that's an ending I guess. One where the abusive brother thing just gets resolved with Natsuo reconciling with him.

abusive brother???

That's generally what you call a brother who beats his little sister and will still throw things at her years later. And considering how utterly monstrous and confident Natsuo is, that she flinches around him says a lot.

Lifecharacter
Teppu discussion 06 Nov 18:29
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Well, that's an ending I guess. One where the abusive brother thing just gets resolved with Natsuo reconciling with him.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 27 Aug 12:15
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
Tumblr_nrk8gs4xh01ra3h5lo2_r1_1280

I believe her problem was that she gets so excited over cute girls that she faints around them and they go about fixing it by secretly drugging her so she sees the PC as a girl and then the PC stays with her until she pretty much gets over it. From what I can tell, it's not as bad as it sounds because it's not some outright conversion therapy thing, it's just making a character who's shown interest in no one but women only romancable by men. Hell, I think they even joke about how the PC doesn't have to worry about her cheating on him because she has no interest in men.

Oh, and yes, I've heard pretty much her entire character and supports are pretty shit.

@venom Ha!

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 27 Aug 11:08
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
Tumblr_nrk8gs4xh01ra3h5lo2_r1_1280

Sad thing is that people have been using her comments about being okay with Foleo because he looks like a cute girl as proof that she's definitely straight/bisexual/whatever.

People like that have never been very good at the whole logic thing...