Forum › Posts by Logseman

Logseman
First Kiss discussion 17 Oct 14:25
Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

Oh, the old "it doesn't matter if it's two girls kissing". So very exciting trope.

joined Apr 23, 2013

QED = Quod erat demonstrandum.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

There's a play called Norway.today which has basically this as its plot. It's for a guy and a girl though.

Logseman
Poison Mind discussion 11 Oct 18:57
joined Apr 23, 2013

Hint: ASK FOR CONSENT FIRST BEFORE YOU TIE SOMEONE UP.

Logseman
Her Desire discussion 11 Oct 05:50
joined Apr 23, 2013

Every abusive relationship relies on co-dependence. Without any context (the manga is simply too short to sport a functional plot) there's not much that can be said in favour of the relationship.

joined Apr 23, 2013

These situations are all virtually impossible to pull off today. Mobile phones have killed them.

Logseman
Honey Love discussion 10 Oct 12:07
joined Apr 23, 2013

The way that last page goes, I wouldn't bet on Yumiko's husband reaching old age...

Logseman
I'm A Fool discussion 06 Oct 09:34
joined Apr 23, 2013

Really nice little story. = )

BTW: Is it me or did the translator mess up a bit? She constantly refers to herself as a "freelancer" when it really should be "freeter".

In fact that detail is good. It dovetails with her optimism and happy-go-lucky ways. "Freeter" tends to have a more negative connotation, like you feel bad about being one.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

When Riyoko Ikeda is writing The Rose of Versailles / Oniisama E and the like, she writes in a context where gay couples are not tolerated in a social basis. The stable couple born out of romantic love is something that becomes much easier to understand and portray once you can actually form a stable couple with the person you love without social rejection. Aside of the possible issues with censorship, part of the reason why older stories tend to end in tragedy is that authors couldn't imagine what "happily ever after' looked like. The stories with which the authors and audiences could relate were heartbreak and pain. Look at the fictional literature about gay people in Western countries and you'll find a similar pattern. When Death in Venice is written, Thomas Mann knows that Tadzio and the noble guy can't end up together.

Obviously this is all before the commoditization of yuri for a fully different, mostly male audience.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013
  1. Sad dog faces
  2. Lolicon
  3. Immersion - hostile situations

Looks like this Soft charm "artist" deserves to go the nope list.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I prefer the anime. Jo provides a better foil, antisocial as she is. The last third is terrible though, it makes no sense.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Probably the creepiest part is the fact that Tsubasa keeps saying how beyond her control the whole act is.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

It's great how visual gags work so well in a usually serious story.

Logseman
Kase-san discussion 02 Apr 16:46
joined Apr 23, 2013

This is probably the best example of how to do light romance in a sweet, fluffy, and credible way at the same time. They feel like real people in love.

Logseman
Citrus discussion 12 May 15:25
joined Apr 23, 2013

So much angst, yet I find Mei completely unrelatable. I want Yuzu to bite off her throat in anger, not to kiss her.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

The whole scene feels so played out and forced to fit the standards. There is certainly good drawing talent, but this plot goes nowhere.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

It's a quirky little thing, and fun to read. It's not going to win any awards, but it's good as a divertimento of sorts.

joined Apr 23, 2013

South Korea, of course. If you hadn't said you're close to Japan I'd have bet on India.
From my friends' experiences in the country, it seems that Koreans are huge on busybody behavior... is gossiping some kind of national sport there?

Back on the topic, from what I've read, it seems that the "homosexuality as a teenage phase" is a very widespread thought.

last edited at Jun 18, 2013 8:05AM

joined Apr 23, 2013

The level of detail of the drawing style is bordering obsession. Look at those elaborate clothing designs for example. This looks good.

Logseman
Anfang discussion 16 Jun 04:00
joined Apr 23, 2013

Holy gee, a by-the-book vampire story which is well done!

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I was worried about this at first, cause the art looked generic and I thought it was gonna be very boring moe moe plotless stuff. But luckily that was just a facade, and it's actually really fun and fucked up. I approve!

QFT. Ear poop + horny dogs + moe = AWESOME.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Rapunzel has it beat anyways.

joined Apr 23, 2013

This was a good one. It's nice that we don't even get shown who the new girlfriend is. it adds to the feeling of... being robbed that the protagonist has.

Feasts on the angst as though it was a delicate pastry...

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Now that's what I call a wicked gambit...

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Lillicious themselves put the NSFW template, so I'm suggesting to add the tag.