Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Sometimes I wonder what people think "a story" is.
No romantic resolution = "nothing happened"? You'll find that a lot of things happened in this story.

It's like when I was reading Komi-san, and everyone and their dog was like "nothing ever happens in this manga" and I was like ... what the heck are you reading a manga about a girl who wants to make 100 friends for if you think her making friends is "nothing happening".

People don't seem to be able to appreciate a story without romance these days.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Just casually reading chapters 32 and 33, thinking about the person who was really upset when they introduced a new character like ... 6 new characters ago, haha.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

What a beautiful chapter. The progress had me tearing up.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

To me, a friend is also someone who will be willing to say "I don't think that's right of you", and, in the end, it is an adult women with an unusual relationship with a teenager.

I agree with this, it's not remotely insulting or negging for one adult friend to recommend another adult friend not to get intimate with a child. That's just very normal actually. That character seemed very genuine in her concern for the MC.

I feel like we read completely different things. If you are saying "I don't think it's right for you to have an intimate relationship with a teenager." You don't say, hey, you're childish and I think you hanging out with impressionable people will be a disaster.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

With the introduction of Takimiya I'm now suddenly torn because, damn girl you should date your cool coworker who is more than enough the successful career woman to make up for your inability to be that lmao.

Urgh, no. She seems like the kind of person to feed into her friend's inferiority complex to make herself feel superior. Fancy telling a friend "don't hang out with that impressionable teenager you're too immature and it'll rub off on her."
Like you have to be a perfect person to have a good influence on a teenager.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Is this ... progress?
Onward we go!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Aw, the end to this chapter was heartbreaking.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I dunno why anime and manga is always so against using swimsuits as underwear, even going without instead of having to wear it under their clothes.
As long as it's dry, there's no problem. It shouldn't be any less comfortable than normal underwear, it'll just sit differently under your clothes.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

It's kind of cute that the mangaka decided they needed to change the title just because they didn't want to keep drawing them cleaning.
Like, the sentiment is cute, but a title can be the inciting incident, it doesn't have to be the core theme of the story, haha.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Also this topic were Lesbians has to pretebd to be straight makes my blood boil,

Bisexual people exist.

Yes, but a woman who deeply loves another woman and is socially pressured into marrying a man instead is a terrible example of it. They might be bi or might not be, we can't just assume that label on anyone simply based on their history

And yet, there you go, assuming their sexuality. i wasn't putting a "label" on them, so much as saying that, since we're not told they were uncomfortable and in a loveless marriage, there's no evidence that they were not also attracted to the men they married, regardless of if they would have preferred to stay with their high school sweetheart (and, to add to that, no evidence that the relationship they had as children would have lasted into adulthood anyway, meeting again as adults and picking up the spark is not the same as a long-term relationship).

Ya'll on these comment sections always have to boil everything down to the simplest answer just so you can take offense to it, say you're being open while being really close-minded, refusing to see that anyone could be happy, or anything good could come out of relationships other than the yuri ones which are the focus of the story. It's quite frankly infuriating.

Edit to say: the more I think about it, the more infuriating it is. We're specifically shown in this chapter that while the teacher was wrong to say what she did to the girls, it was simply the catalyst for them thinking about their future. When asked if she wanted her own children, Rei said she probably did. And the close of the chapter is Rei still not committing to a yuri relationship, she still thought it was the right thing that she have and be invested in her own child. So patronising to dismiss people's feelings on these issues just because you might think differently. There are a lot more perspectives in this world that just your narrow worldview where apparently, anyone who is in a lesbian relationship as a teenager must never ever have her own reasons for eventually marrying a man. Never. The way people freak out about anything that has this perspective, you'd think that these ones are portrayed as an instruction manual, and the majority of yuri on this site where no one even considers a man is somehow lesser for it.

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 8:51PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Also this topic were Lesbians has to pretebd to be straight makes my blood boil,

Bisexual people exist.

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 9:16AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Can't wait till we're a few more chapters into this and lose the "I'm gonna drop this" crowd. Like, heck, OP male protags with harems are dime-a-dozen, but yuri has to be some kind of masterpiece to be allowed to exist?

I'm all for being like "I'm not into this because of this and that reason", but since when has "I'm dropping this if it doesn't improve to match my sensibilities" ever added to a discussion.
I always want to be "this isn't an airport, you don't have to announce your departure." Can't people keep that sentence to themselves, at the very least?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Everyone treats the ogres like evil creatures - even the ogres themselves - but we've been shown nothing but normal humanity from them: some are good, some are bad, some are just following what they've been told, some are rebellious or just confused. It's so sad every time they're treated as sub-human when they're just like humans.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Poor Akane. This is just getting more and more confusing for her. All of this artificial stuff, how's she supposed to know what's really real?
Hope she figures it out soon.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ooooh. Idols invade the school festival. Can't wait.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Wow, I'm so impressed she worked herself to exhaustion. I suppose the Maron/Mashiro inspiration is legit.

I wonder if working herself to exhaustion shows her mother that she actually has worth, too, or if she just appeared to be an awful person again.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

When your parents get along a little too well with your GF.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I’m actually wondering if the Villainess System is the curse’s attempt to make itself whole after being split between the two. Remember Chapter 1, where a “mare” is trying to pull Else off a building while the Villainess system tells Yvonne to either push her or watch her jump? Maybe the whole point of the Villainess System is to either get one of the girls killed or trying to accelerate its progression in one or both of them (maybe misery can speed up the curses’s progression)? After all, if they do both possess the curse, and one of them dies or enter the eternal slumber before having any heirs of their own, the other girl would likely be the one to inherit the rest of the curse. Maybe the curse even realizes that Yvonne has been isekai’d into that role, and is choosing to present itself as a gamified system specifically to trick her into complying? I don’t know, but I’m interested in seeing where this is going

I feel like this theory is better than the conclusion we're actually going to get, haha.
Sorry, author, I don't quite trust you to pull all these timetravel shenanigans together that nicely.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Definitely that, but for me also that, even though I’m by no means shy about commenting on stories, I don’t really have much to say about this except, “It’s good, I’m enjoying it, and I’m interested in what’s going to happen. And I like the art, too.”

Also "those end of chapters fluffy chibi are adorable".

Omg, I live for those fluffy chibi.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I was trying to work out what kind of job a scumbag would be good at.
Oh, that works.
Well ... maybe. We'll have to see how she goes at the actual 'working' part.

last edited at Dec 12, 2023 4:59AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

We were right about Tan Tailan. Better scrap the main couple, they're not nearly as entertaining. Or else they'll have to step up their game.
Okay, Yu Dingdang has a certain cheekiness of her own, but there just isn't much chemistry there (I know, I know. It's not there yet )

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

... their clothes are alarmingly close to the fire

I actually thought her clothes were going to catch fire at the start, especially when she started undressing Kaye.
But I guess not.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Tan Tailan is based. Can we get a spin-off about her instead?

Yesssssss. Also very handsome. I am in favor.

She definitely has the aesthetics and personality I like. Definitely need more Tan Tailan. And she needs to get her own girlfriend too.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Not that I'm against yuri, but wouldn't the correct course of action for a woman pretending to be an emperor be to marry a man pretending to be empress. That's the only comment of that kind I'm going to make, we'll carry on with the story as it so wonderfully is :)

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Something better happen in that one room