Forum › Posts by Dragonseller

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

OR Kase will realise she's not ready for an adult relationship that involves moving in together because she still has that 'high school teenager mentality', she has her 'grown up moments' but they are far and few between. Yamada's going to feel uncomfortable with Kase's recklessness and they'll go on a break to work on themselves. Yamada's come too far in her relationship to be messed around with and if some college room mate's dissatisfaction with her moving out to be with someone else causes Kase to put a hold on her/their plans (something they've been planning since before graduating), over text, then her/their priorities need to be (re)examined. That should be Kase's story arc.

I don't see this series ever doing something this angsty. We just recently finished the "Kase was a bit jealous, so she assaulted a celebrity" arc, which turned a possibly life-altering event for both of them (if said celebrity was at least a little petty) into a minor punchline. And now we have another, even more personal, completely self-inflicted, relationship-ending f*ckup from Kase. No lessons were learned. Unless the author is building up to Yamada finally blowing her lid, I don't expect anyone to do anything drastic. Which is unfortunate - I wanna see an angry, indignant Yamada.

God! Imagine a Yui Yamada so hurt and insulted by Kase's actions that on the day of the race she shows up to 'support' Kase. Kase wins the race and runs up to Yamada like it's some grand gesture and Yamada, with frustrated tears in her eyes, just slaps her across the face right in front of everyone. They remain a couple but Yamada forces Kase to really reflect on her accumulated actions. This 'bet' is the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

After waiting a bit to let the anger and rage subside, I'm gonna try to be positive.

Is it an absolute stupid decision ? Yes

BUT Kase is a people-pleaser and as far as I remember she never had to face the fact that she can't please everyone, so it's probably gonna be her learning moment. Hopefully she's gonna realize that and will tell her roommate (who can fuck right off (fucking bitch)) that she is leaving and that's it, then her roommate will be upset with it but no matter, Kase will have learned that you can't be on good terms with everyone.
Technically it's better if characters aren't perfect and learn things in the story (although it still could have been done better)

OR Kase will realise she's not ready for an adult relationship that involves moving in together because she still has that 'high school teenager mentality', she has her 'grown up moments' but they are far and few between. Yamada's going to feel uncomfortable with Kase's recklessness and they'll go on a break to work on themselves. Yamada's come too far in her relationship to be messed around with and if some college room mate's dissatisfaction with her moving out to be with someone else causes Kase to put a hold on her/their plans (something they've been planning since before graduating), over text, then her/their priorities need to be (re)examined. That should be Kase's story arc.

last edited at Dec 29, 2022 3:19PM

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU PLAN YOUR FUTURE. So Kase's postponing moving into an AFFORDABLE and AVAILABLE apartment that manages to check all their boxes with her girlfriend for an ENTIRE MONTH (in which case the apartment would most likely be gone) to race some chick she BARELY knows because she feels 'guilty' and was pressured to actually bet her future plans with her partner because, again, some chick has gotten comfortable with having Kase there and doesn't want a new room mate. I love this series but in reality this is the kind of BS that makes partners reevaluate their relationships. This is some high school level kind of shit. I legitimately feel sorry for Yamada having to deal with Kase's childish crap while she's, basically, venturing way outside her comfort zone and trying to become an actual adult and have a real long lasting relationship. I know they're fictional but if my partner TEXTED me that shit AFTER FINDING AN APARTMENT and told me that they were betting moving in/out on a fkn race with someone I don't even know, there would need to be a good amount of understanding on my part to even excuse that crap. I can see the lighter side of it but that's just insulting to EVERYONE involved (characters and audience).

That's how much this chapter's ending annoyed me and I love this series and author's work.

Dragonseller
Inko-sensei discussion 01 Dec 21:27
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

You're subconscious telling you 'it's time to leave the closet and follow that yuri dream'.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

Nice Hit!... Also, ADORABLE!!!

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I Favor the Villainess x Zero no Tsukaima.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I was kinda sad went this went on break, I'm glad its back again (with a vengeance).

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

There's a fine line between 'play' and 'non-consensual' and this feels like its on a tight rope (at least going by the panels of Sakura's face). A little more context is needed, I think.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

Yep. Your daughter definitely caught the love bug, no cure for that.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

#1. Wat?
#2. Why does the 'ghost' look like Pony-tail?
#3. Why bondage play?

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

Suzuki Senpai-Sensei's designs are always adorable and precious.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

......... ...

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

That's just down-right precious.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

This... Is gonna get complicated.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

THIS close... Also, I suck at shadow puppetry. (I tried the rabbit)

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

The problem with the ending is that Matoi is, subconsciously, unsatisfied with the non-physical/non-romantic relationship. She starts of the story thinking she may not have those kinds of feelings but it seems that they just hadn't bloomed until she met Yuriko. Six years is a long time holding back on what she wants, she may not have a strong drive for a physical(sexual)/romantic relationship but it is evident that she wants one.
There's more to their emotional states to be explored than to just randomly time skip SIX YEARS and have them living as neighbors, this needed another two or at least one more volume in order satisfy the audience with a resolved and fleshed-out ending. This was a good series but needed just a bit more development to make it better.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

Gotta say, I'm loving this series a lot more than I thought I would. Top marks.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

She is ABSOLUTELY the CUTEST thing EVER.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

And they lived happily ever after.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I wasn't ready for that.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I gotta say, rather than look for a label just feel what you feel. I'm a basic 'het' but i still recognise I've got other parts in me (mostly) hidden away.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

Well if those assholes were supposed to be your superiors then...
Fk'em.

Dragonseller
Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

That...

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

THIS