Forum › Posts by mei is waifu

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Oh so everyone's gay in this girl group? Typical K-pop

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

One thing I didn't really like about the new translation is the use of Japanese honorifics in a Korean comic. Like, totally out of place...

I agree, it's a little grating. Not so much as to make me not enjoy reading mind, but it does give me pause

Glad I'm not the only one who gets a little irritated when people use Japanese honorifics in translations of Korean webtoons. It's just so strange and weird. Keeping -ssi and -nim would have been totally fine, with a little translator note or something for people who are not familiar about Korean honorifics.

last edited at Feb 7, 2022 7:22PM

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

One of the nicest kisses I've seen in manga in a long time. 10/10.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Ahhh I find Seungha absolutely seductive. And yes, the sexual tension, give me that good shit Tima. Their chemistry is the reason I never got tired of re-reading the first 3 chapters again and again in the past few years. Bully x bullied is sometimes a miss for me, but this is good.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Omgggg it's hereeeeeee asghsshjsjhdkkk after years of re-reading the first 3 chapters ahhhhhhhhhhhh

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Page 17, middle panel ("But you know, Momoka-san...") The look in her eyes...just wow. I'm gay.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

"YOUR GRADES ARE DROPPING"

"STUDYING IS A HIGH SCHOOLER'S TOP PRIORITY"

She got an 85. Chill out, woman.

Like yea there are totally people out there like that but ughhh that's why I'm getting annoyed. Horrible parents who don't give a shit about their actual kid, its aggravating.

Isn't that just, like, default Asian parenting. :|

...because from what I've been told by people who went through it the memes aren't terribly exaggerated.

Reminds me of the time I got 82 out of 100 on a test and my mom didn't talk to me for a week. Lol, good times.

mei is waifu
School Zone discussion 14 Dec 02:53
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

"But their relationships are starting to turn more and more into romantic comedies..." Bitch where? Where is the romance? It's only comedy (well, I can't even consider it comedy because I don't find it funny). I gave up on this manga on chapter 40 something because I couldn't take the obnoxious characters, unfunny humor and zero romantic progression anymore. Coming back to chapter 91, seems like nothing has changed, so I actually don't regret dropping this crap.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Imagine being in love with someone for 10 years, but to them you're just one of their many casual fucks...yeah, this is one of those couples I can't root for. (And as usual, yuri authors portraying the bi woman as slutty lol)

last edited at Dec 14, 2021 12:24AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

The art looks kinda bad compared to still sick. The premise is very OTT, the characters resemble Maekawa and Shimizu too much, and I feel like I've seen this kind of plot before. Not that excited for the second chapter tbh, but I might give it a shot. Let's see.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Myers-Briggs is astrology for nerds who think they're too smart for astrology.

This is one of those times I wished Dynasty had an option to upvote comments.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

This author seems to frequently mix up being innocent with being brain damaged

I choked

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

What the actual fuck am I reading

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Well, seems like I wasn't the only one to think the mc was a dude

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Hi, does somebody know the title of a doujinshi that was about two umbrellas? iirc they were a black and white umbrella

Umbrellas 雨伞? It's not on Dynasty I think.

mei is waifu
Inversion discussion 31 Jul 17:01
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Wait, so did she like imagine the whole make out part? Or did it actually happen? I'm kinda confused. Also a TIMA SERIES AGSJSHSJSISKSJSJSK

On a side note, someone really needs to translate Swallow Tail. The premise is so cool and the art is gorgeous like any other Tima work. If I had the money I would have commissioned someone to do it.

mei is waifu
Citrus + discussion 19 Jul 14:40
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I'd like to bet there's NO sex happening. They'll probably get cockblocked by something/someone, or there will be no mention of sex at all. Watch. Although, I'd be more than happy if I do lose this bet.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Okay...this is probably not going to be an well accepted opinion... but I don't get the hype about Catradora. I have started watching She-ra and have watched up to season 3, all I have never really shipped them? I also don't get why people like Catra cause all she's done till now is outright despicable and she is officially the character I dislike the most. I just can't ship her with anyone, let alone Adora because the repulsion I feel towards her. Damn, I somehow dislike Hordak and Shadow Weaver less than her. I'm just so fed up with her character that I feel like I can't gain any sympathy for her even if she has some sort of redemption arc later. Funny cause I started watching this show because I heard of Catradora, now I have ZERO interest in the ship but the plot has got me hooked. Idk man, let's see if my opinions change about the ship later. Thanks for listening to my rant I guess.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Unpopular opinion I know but that "nobody badmouths my girl" part was really cringe sorry

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

The faces remind me of Crayon Shinchan for some reason

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

There are certain things that I have been told about Gyerin in Sadistic Beauty and that is that the protagonist of that story has treated her badly, even forced her to participate in a threesome with a man when she is clearly a lesbian and even knowing that Gyerin had feelings for her, she continued using her like a sex toy and gave her hope for a future together.

^ Every word is here is true; please read this before you decide to read Sadistic Beauty original story... I don't wish for anyone else experience that trauma again.

mei is waifu
Kill Switch discussion 13 Apr 14:53
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

The way Jisoo picked the MC up in the dream sequence...ugh unnie please

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Not sure about one with a cast that changes with the seasons, but Ninja Senshi Tobikage (aka, Ninja Robots) and Ronin Warriors come to mind. The former looks like it was broadcast via CN in a number of countries, but the latter feels like a better fit with your description.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like Ninja Robots did air in my country, but the plot doesn't feel like it and the art feels a little different than what I remember, so I'm not sure. Ronin Warriors seems more likely, but after a little researching it looks like it has never aired in my country...

Of course, I read, "when I was a child," and immediately think of Steel Jeeg (1975-76), so some timeframe might be helpful for context. ;)

2006-2014. The art in my memory feels like it's from that time. (But at this point my memory is so bleak that I can't trust myself to remember things correctly lol.)

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Idk if this is the right place to ask but someone please help me out. There was an anime I used to LOVE to watch on cartoon network dubbed in my language when I was a child. As far as I remember it was about some teens who have superpowers or something which helps them transform into robot like things with different kinds of fancy swords. I could be misremembering the robot part, but I'm pretty sure they used to transform into something of that sort. The robot thingies could evolve, kinda like pokemons. I also remember there were different seasons, each season featuring new bunch of teens. After so many years, it all came back to me all of a sudden and I really want to know what anime it is but I have no idea what to search for. Please help.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Manga where kouhai finds out senpai's a lesbian and blackmails her into sleeping with her and later they start a fwb relationship. Kouhai is a blonde and very aggressive super ultra mega top and senpai is a brunette and she just goes with the flow. Was in dynasty and later got licensed.

Shot in the dark, but is it this one

No it isn't...i found it. Anyways, thanks!

I hope you see this, but could you tell me which one it is? I wanna read it

A Yuri Story About a Junior I Couldn't Stand