Forum › Posts by transbikes

transbikes
Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

I love that people are getting into it in the discussion on this one, but honestly I don't get the vibe that the author has any well thought out intentions with this one. It just feels like they wanted to do a "cute, but with a twist!" nonsense story. Time will tell, I guess.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

You played yourself, Marisa

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I love it so far. it's kinda like that one about the girl who slept with the dj from the club and ends up following her around. I forgot the name. That one's better/more complex, but I can see this one going places.

After Hours, I believe it was called, though I don't think it gets uploaded here anymore for some reason.

That's correct. It got licensed, and I think I remember seeing that Dynasty got a cease and desist on it. Maybe not an actual C&D, but the effect is the same. I plan on buying the first volume when I get the money.

Yeah the first translated volume is out as of june, though still no word on a volume 2... regardless, this manhwa is nothing like after hours, pretty sure it doesn't delve into any music scene stuff at all ? At least for the first twenty-odd chapters ..

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

The first three chapters were okay I guess, but the "hey we're all gay lets be friends" ending was great

joined Aug 24, 2015

Bless this series, this is the love live poly content I've been wanting. So cute! Ahh!! I'm surprised it slipped under my radar for so long.

joined Aug 24, 2015

Gosh, I want to like this but tbh I have no idea what is going on. I know that has to partly due to a poor translation, but I cant even begin to find a thread of chronological story telling to follow, everything seems so out of place.

joined Aug 24, 2015

Oh the ending was so cute! I was very worried from how it started but what a nice surprise.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Gosh, Karuha you're killing it. What a wonderful doujin with beautiful, beautiful art.

I feel like the vacation setting was a nice way to explore nico & maki with their guards down. Getting to see the characters interact without their constant tsundere masks generated such a relaxed and heartwarming story.

joined Aug 24, 2015

Yeahh I figured she wasn't actually her ex. I just couldn't expect Morinaga Milk to be bold enough to write an already established lesbian character.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I don't remember much from this series but apparently everyone is gay? No complaints here, that was super cute.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Gotta be careful with that lip gloss, it'll make your hand sticky when its kissed. Thanks Mekimeki sensei....

joined Aug 24, 2015

What a cute present (for us readers) !

This author's yohanamaru doujins are always such a delight

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I am BUZZING.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I'm sure it will get fixed soon but just in case, the epilogue should be placed at the end!

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I was saving reading this for a while, for whatever reason, but gosh what a good read. About what I came in expecting from Kizuki Akira and Satou Nanki. I've never really been disappointed with they produce and I love how unpredictable and refreshingly realistic their story-telling is. Everybody has flaws and makes mistakes, but the story is in how they deal with those mistakes and learn & grow etc. Its good. Its what I want from a manga.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This is going in circles my gosh. Wake me up when something happens, please :/

Okay, I spoke 3 days too soon. Chapter 7 finally brought development, and its pretty interesting too. I'm curious to see how Kotooka will navigate their relationships knowing everyone's feelings. It's a tough spot she's in.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This is going in circles my gosh. Wake me up when something happens, please :/

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Glad to see my suggestion got accepted :)

This hurts.

Btw, AFAIK, Misora identifies as male. Not as "agender". Though he may be unable to define what he is or wants to be yet. He's too young.

As for what triggered him, maybe it's the vague slut-shaming Tasuku made without thinking. As if he brought the groping upon himself, just by being cute in female clothes. Misora said "guys are gross". Meaning he feels uncomfortable looking like a boy. Doesn't mean he wants to be a girl. He just wants to look like one. Look like his sisters. He wants to be told the clothes look good on him. Not that he's cute.

And I have hunch the classmate Tasuku is attracted to, is going to corner him at some point.

Please don't air quotes agender Nya-chan.

last edited at Oct 27, 2016 3:03PM

transbikes
Yuri Danshi discussion 18 Oct 15:48
joined Aug 24, 2015

Wow that took a turn a turn for the violently transphobic...

Before anyone starts, no the character isn't trans but the way the mc reacted to him pretending to be a woman is a very scary, very real-to-life depiction of how a lot of transmisogynistic violence can occur in the real world.

last edited at Oct 18, 2016 3:49PM

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This is pretty much a rehashing of the actual canon story so far? I mean, You's reaction is ticked up a couple notches but that's about it. She still gets hella jealous of our (in all but name) canon girlfriends.

transbikes
Beloved L discussion 07 Oct 02:59
joined Aug 24, 2015

Why does such great art and decent writing have to be squandered on such a large age gap... I just. I can't get into that. She's only 16 and going through some real tough shit and is very, very vulnerable right now and doctor gal over here is more than twice her age guys :C Give this child a parental figure, please. Not a desperation romance.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Ah I was just thinking about this series yesterday.

I like the pace of this so far. They are taking time to figure each other out, and through slowly opening up to each other they are able to work on each of their own issues with socialization. It's slow paced, but has a subtle urgency and air of despair that really works to hook the reader in.

transbikes
After Hours discussion 05 Oct 23:35
joined Aug 24, 2015

Ahhhh I am so pumped from hearing about the licensing! What fantastic news :)

joined Aug 24, 2015

Well I guess we all know who's going to accidentally find that autograph...

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Welp that there is a convenient loop hole the author just wrote in now isn't it. I would much rather see Al(exia) obtain the throne as a woman and have a cliche reveal later to show that ~gender doesn't matter, ya'll~ than have to have Al(exia) have to reveal beforehand to even be eligible. I feel like that would really take away from the entire anti gender discrimination theme of the manga.

We'll see though, maybe the "only a man can inherit the throne" amendment is just a red herring. The writing thus far has been good enough to let me believe that.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 5:39PM