Forum › Posts by Blue Saint

Blue Saint
Citrus discussion 28 Feb 19:47
Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

You know it's like not Mei hasn't emotionally manipulated people before. Honestly while this is a bit mean of Mei I think she is doing it just so Yuzu has to fight for her. Also to show that this what Yuzu really wants for herself by making her fight.

For me the most frustrating part is that if they just talk all this out for a few hours, both of them would finally be on the same page. Also it's not that hard seeing how the live together. Then the series could be about them learning about each other and some fun hijinks like Mei constantly teasing Yuzu, like pulling her around the corner and kissing her at school.I really like Mei and Yuzu as a couple. I know they are going end up with each other, I just really want to get to that point so we can fun seeing their relationship. Man this is just like Girlfriends.

Blue Saint
Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

This was a fun read but I kind of kept getting mixed signals with Miyamae-san. Like is she actually being kind and considerate or is she just shallow? Could someone help me on this one?

The way I took it as is Miyame wants Uno to show her beauty to world and not to hide. I guess she may be a little selfish and shallow, but she still fell in love despite how she currently looks. Also she seems mainly to be entranced with her eyes and I think her desire to make her over is so she can glaze into them longingly. Which why at the end she wants them just for herself.

By the way, Uno's eyes are gorgeous. The care Shuninta put into is wonderful.

Blue Saint
Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

Yes they are.

Thank you... I think. I just watched the first episode...

What did I watch? Is this what people are going think yuri is about? And why the killing? Why couldn't they just have story about two people who love so much they are willing to go against all the bullshit society puts in place to stop them because it goes against the norm. That is why I read yuri, for stories about love, longing, lose, romance, desire and lust. Not this deep abstraction that just makes the director seem like he is making it solely to be asked what it all means. Sorry for the diversion, that just boggled my mind.

Blue Saint
Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

So quick question: are the manga and the anime two different creatures? Since I have been avoiding the anime since I didn't want to ruin the manga for myself.

As for the manga, everything just feels so vague. Are bears meant to be a metaphor for love/sex? Is dream Ginko trying to tell Kureha that you don't have to be afraid of bears so long as you love the type of bear that "eats" you? I am interested in reading more since I am so damn confused.

Also I don't like even like the implied suggestion of Ginko offering herself to the student council president. Ginko just got Kureha to open up top the world. How well does Ginko think Kureha would do if she found out. You may win a battle but you could lose the war as a result.

last edited at Feb 27, 2015 6:12PM

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

You know that is what I like about this story, each read through you start to put more of the pieces together. I am starting to wonder if was it designed that way on purpose. The first time through you just have this quick gut reaction, but then after you calm down and look it over again you see a whole another side to story. Maybe some analogue to how feelings run in high in actual relationships. Or that is just me reading into it again.

The only thing I know for sure is that I can't wait to see how it all finishes up. Also I hope Ruki and Sacchi share a nice, long, passionate kiss right in front of Remi. I am convinced Remi has some serious emotional trauma, but still screw her.

Blue Saint
Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

You know I forgot how much a loved reading this series. Waiting for each new chapter to come out, hoping that Mari and Akko would finally connect with each other. I just wish we got even more of them after they became couple. For me the post get-together is my favorite part of any romance story. You know I think I am going to order a copy right now. I didn't realize this had a US release.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

Point taken. It surely takes a lot of courage and strength to show someone your worst sides. And if they still love you despite that, it certainly is beautiful This might be what this manga is trying to achieve. However, I don't see Sacchi regretting it and she doesn't hate that she hurt Ruki, she rather enjoys it I'd say. And that's where the story gets nasty for me. Sacchi doesn't take responsibility for her previous actions, but this doesn't seem so important to Ruki. That's what I can't understand. To me it looks like Sacchi sweet-talked Ruki into something she didn't want before. Hell, that's realistic, but not healthy. if you're in love you do stupid things and everything to be with someone, but there comes a time, when you need to rely on your partner. I got the impression, that Ruki became a toy.
There are so many things in that story that put me of. Partly I love this, because it's dark and different and partly I don't like it at all, lol.^^

I personally didn't get that impression, but I do get how you could see that. For me I see the confession, which was brought up by Sachi without her knowing Ruki already knew, was about just being honest. Which for Sachi was something she never was before in relationship. For her she needed this to be matter of fact: I slept with someone other than you. She didn't want to dress it up with excuses, it happened and nothing can change that. She understood what she did and that she hurt Ruki. For her she needed to know if Ruki could still love her even after all of it. This may just be me reading into the story, but by the fact Sachi is admitting she was cruel and hurt Ruki she does regret it. For me I don't see how a person could know they hurt another person especially one they care about and not feel shame and regret. The thing is I don't think she should ask for forgiveness since I don't think you can here. They either have to except that it happened and move forward, or end it right there.

Is this relationship healthy and are they truly committed to each other now? I think so, I hope that they are.

last edited at Feb 24, 2015 7:56PM

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

I think if we view her as wrathful it would in so much she hurt someone in the way she herself was hurt. For Sachi she saw herself in the same position as her ex, and I think it is important to remember that her sleeping with Remi wasn't an act of malice rather I think apathy. Sachi saw herself in this "relationship" that she just fell into and had no real say or interest in shaping. She just saw it as Ruki messing around and figure she would move on when she got bored. No I am not saying it is good thing, but after sleeping with Remi she understood it all better, from the relationship, Ruki and even herself. Now I stand by my reasoning Remi and Sachi only slept together once, as to whether she wanted to sleep with Remi again? Personally I doubt she did, although she did come to understand that sex could be enjoyable thing I think she did want her next time to be with Ruki.I point to her saying to Ruki if she wanted go to a hotel, that way Sachi could confess her actions (away from the ears of her family) and then leave the rest up to Ruki.

This is messy relationship to be sure, but I think that is why it is also so enthralling. And this is a point I wanted to get to. I think the confession of her infidelity could also in some twisted way be seen as her confession of love to Ruki. I feel that Sachi understands the weight and the consequences of her actions. Her referring back to her ex is an important aspect of her story. Her relationship with Ruki is a mirror of that with her ex, with her in place of her ex in so much that she is going along with relationship she is rather indifferent to. The twist is that unlike her ex who probably cared little or nothing about Sachi, Sachi does care for Ruki even if she can't understand it or even accept that part of her. The act of having sex with Remi was a shock to her system, it knocked her out her apathy and forced her to make decision. I think we saw this at other points like when Ruki took her phone while lost or when her ex wanted her to him to Ruki. Sachi doesn't seem to want to take matters of the heart in her own hands since she seems unsure what it is she evens wants, preferring to go with flow and let herself be used. Which I think in part was why she slept with Remi, Remi wanted to use her in some twisted game she had planned for Ruki.After the fact though I think we finally she her realize she needs to take an active role in all of this.

Anyway getting back to confession. I do like to see this as the start of their actual relationship. Since now Sachi can actually tell Ruki her true feelings, basically this the response Ruki has been waiting for since chapter 5. But at the same time Sachi is waiting for Ruki to respone to her now knowing who Sachi really is and not this image she had of her. Sachi was blunt as other said, but I don't think she wanted to have anything based of a lie. Her entire relationship with her ex was just that and she knew how that could tear you up inside. She told Ruki the truth and then let the choice be hers, which I think in way was so they had equal footing in the relationship.

The thing is despite what we would like we all have this bit of darkness inside of us. This piece that causes us to do things we regret and hate afterwards. It is there and to try ignore it only leads it gaining more control. This is why I enjoy Ruki and Sachi as a couple. Sachi admitted to be cruel and having hurt Ruki, but she didn't want to hide it and hurt her further. At that moment she was asking Ruki if she could love this cruel version of her, wanting her to know that she could be like this and if she could still love her despite it.

This not something I see to often, we saw this character at her lowest and yet she can still be loved. I know there is a lot of idealization in yuri, which I don't mind. A happy feel good romance can brighten my day. But this story went for a more difficult path and I love it. I can completely understand why it is so polarizing and why some people will hate it. But for me it hit such a cord and I have not been so happy to talk about a comic in so long.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

So I have been re-reading the last few chapters and I think Sachi and Remi only had sex that once. Remi was the only one that gave the month time-frame. Also from the conversation she had Ruki it was about since Sachi slept over at Remi's and borrowed her clothes. Ruki then assumed that was the date they started having sex together. Also from the confession Sachi gave Ruki she admited to doing lots of naughty things, but she gave no indication of an extended engagement, so to speak.

My issue is that the only actual points of reference of time was Sachi mentioning it was the rainy season while she was with Remi, and the Ruki commnenting that was already summer in the following. From what I have read the Japanese rainy season in from June to July. At this point I may be over thinking it, I am not sure if Ruki was making comment about it being the season of mummer or summer vacation. Which from I can remember from other sources is usually the month of August. Although Remi made the comment that Sachi was at home writing a report and Ruki is obviously still busy doing all her schoolwork, driving lessons, and working which is why she hadn't contacted Sachi yet.

Also it would make more sense that Sachi would forget her cellphone after a single night instead of one into an extended liaison. Plus this makes more sense for the characters in general. I couldn't see Sachi continuing on with an affair for that length of time. A moment of weakness certainly, but not a prolonged act of cruelty against someone who she may not have loved then but definitely cared about. I think that is why I had such a hard time understanding how I felt since this one issue just seemed so out of place. Furthermore it makes more sense for Remi character's since I think she just wants to see the world burn. Since I think from the conversations in Chapter 12 Remi was abused by her father for an extended period of time.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

Hello, I have been visiting this site for quite a few years now. I haven't joined a discussion before, but after reading this I felt I had to for my own sake. Since after reading this chapter and thinking on it, I still have no idea how I feel about and that is amazing to me.

When Ruki said she had no idea what to do when faced with this situation, I felt the same way. Part of me did want her to toss Sachi away for this betrayal of her love, but when ever I thought about that didn't feel right either. Ruki does seem to be truly in love with Sachi, you can tell through out the chapter she is hurt. The thing is though I think what was hurting her the most was the notion that she now had to separate herself Sachi. There is also the fact Ruki fell for her without really knowing what type of person Sachi was in reality. (This part is hard for me to explain) I think when faced with the reality the imagine Ruki created of Sachi didn't have any real bearing for her love. It's like she said she doesn't have a reason.

As for Sachi... I think like other people have said that before this chapter Sachi had no real love for Ruki. To her she was just playing another role, trying to fit the part that works best for current situation. She finds herself friends with some lesbians, why not be one their girlfriends. The thing is I don't think she was being cruel about any of it. She seemed to be this very passive person, that she wanted to find some per-defined role that would just let her fade into the background. We see this with regards to her boyfriend and the circle she was hanging out with in her first year. Now while I don't sympathize with her, I do think she feels remorse. Part of her feels that her sleeping with Remi was just as meaningless as when she was with Ruki, since to her there was no love between them. But later on I think she finally realizes that she does have love Ruki, she just couldn't recognize due to her filtering everything through those roles she played before this. I say this because she calls herself cruel. If you were trying to justify your actions you would not use that word to describe yourself. And it wasn't just an act for Ruki since she used while with Remi. She wasn't trying to hide who she was, she was being honest and sometimes that just burns. I do think there is love and a desire to move forward since why now, after nearly a year and half of dating, does she call Ruki her girlfriend.

And after all of this I think I have come to a conclusion. None of the sex so far has been about love. It is presented in parts as this clinical, matter of fact activity to just this senseless act of pleasure to this weapon used to destroy and control people. I just re-read most of the chapters over the weekend and something struck me, none of the sex scenes seemed passionate. Most of the just seemed cold or sometimes even a little sad. I think this was always there though since in the first chapter Ruki said the world wasn't going change dramatically since she had sex. I think at the time that could have been seen as just this hook for the series, now because of this everything is going start. And this could just be me, but I think that is part of the message: sex is just an act. If the reasons behind it is hallow and emotionless then the product is the same. If is there no real love, there is no "love making". For the conclusion I see happening is Ruki and Sachi finally coming together and enjoying each other completely.

Well anyway thank you for indulging me, I had to get this out of my head. I feel this wonderful is a site and I hope no one will mind me sticking around.