Forum › Posts by MacySan

MacySan
C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Ok I'm annoyed it had to end at that point and now we have to wait a whole another month....

Conflict seems to have been resolved easily, but what can you do? Apparently this isn't meant to be a deep introspective manga about behavioral patterns. I actually agreed with what Miki said, and I felt like it would be a good ending too if Nanaki just remained a "princess" rather than changing because of someone who then doesn't treat her good.
I'm glad Kurokawa at least has snapped out if it. Wonder if they will make up fast now, or we'll have a period of adjusting. Probably the first.

last edited at Jun 9, 2021 9:07AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I’m sorry but the feet had me so distracted here
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/its_a_detached_relationship_ch19#14

I mean ????? Why is it so long????

Lmaooo I noticed that too. They're like seal fins...Artist was probably too tired to realize they made a mistake

joined Dec 9, 2014

I like it. Aya and Sei'selfishness is the reason why their chemistry is in sync. People here love to project their own set of standards in a relationship too much. Their realtionship is not healthy? That's the point. It was never healthy to begin with.

True. I think people want it to be more all cotton candy and bubble gum. Toxic relationships in yuri isn't welcome because people like to brought their own beliefs and sometimes self-insert. Their relationship for me is kind of intoxicating, it's bad but it makes you feel all sorts of emotion

(Also, Aya isn't a child anymore yet they still treat Sei and ped)

I don't self insert myself into manga. I'm not projecting my standards on the manga, I'm stating my own personal opinion, and I'm not saying the author should do anything different. I'm also not saying people shouldn't enjoy the manga.

I also know the point of the manga is that the characters are toxic and the relationship isn't healthy. I'm very aware of that. I'm still here reading it to see where it ends up. I shouldn't have to defend myself for saying I don't like how the author romanticizes selfishness. I can read and find a story interesting, while still holding that opinion.

Edit: I also don't want everything to be "cotton candy and bubble bum", I can read and enjoy works like that and works like this for different reasons. I never said I hated this manga, if I did I would have stopped reading pretty quickly. Again I find the work interesting, I'm just not personally a fan of the romanticized selfishness here. It's not a black and white thing of love it or hate it, I can have a nuanced opinion and I try my best to do so.

It's like you can only have one opinion of the story to read it, otherwise you are a judgemental westerner. I don't know why people are so defensive over someone else's opinion for fictional characters. Fictional characters.

joined Dec 9, 2014

My interpretation is she decided to be the villain everyone thought her to be simply because doing "what's right" only led to her misery. I always read her as a character creating chaos as a way of welcoming her own despair but that's just me.

Even though that is true, Sei has displayed this type of behavior for her own selfish reasons too, not just as a defense mechanism.
When Yoru rejected her, Sei tried to mess her up. She had that character/tendency even back then and it seems like it was a matter of time until that started blossoming.

As for Mochida, yes she did want to mess Sei because of the teacher, but her reaction of being irked by the teacher not caring about what Sei was doing made me think she also had some moral issue with the situation.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I think the Sakai issue was cleared up last chapter? As in it showed that nothing really happened between Sakai and Sei. Sakai offered but Sei rejected her.

No, I meant the Mochida situation.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/its_a_detached_relationship_ch13#26
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/its_a_detached_relationship_ch17#20

Plus saying that she got excited even more from Aya being a highschooler on that dating app just says something about her.

It's weird how people forget so fast when a happy chapter shows up. Obviously this is a story and everyone can like whatever character, but let's not pretend Sei is a good person. Yes Mochida wasn't 100% an angel here either, but I think her actions were justified, seeing how a teacher was going out with school girls. On the other hand, Sei just messes with people for her own enjoynment. And also two wrongs don't make a good, like Mochida being wrong in some way doesn't change Sei's situation.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Framing Aya as "mindfucking the Yoru out of Sei" (I love it!) as "not healing" is a bit off the mark, though. She's indeed replacing a downright toxic mindset with what could turn into a problematic obsession. On the other hand it stands to reason that clinging to Aya is way less problematic than clinging to Yoru. The former wants to be with Sei, stay with her and support her, while the latter has done her best to remove herself from Sei's life, understandably trying to live her own life rather than dedicate a lot of effort to fixing a broken ex-lover.

I don't disagree, Aya is indeed a healthier option than Yoru. I'm just really not convinced it can work out without them dragging each other more and more into the abyss in the future. My opinion on people like this is that unless they try hard to better themselves, no one will be able to do that for them.
Sei seems very content with her self, and on top of that Aya has actually gotten worse since she met her. So I have deducted that their relationship will burn them down in the end.

On the other hand I understand that not everyone has to be "fixed". They can just find a way to be functional in society (maybe for as long as possible), and that's the point of this story.
But I do get some people's frustration here, because Sei imo is just shitty and some might feel like she doesn't deserve a happy ending (remember she harassed her student and traumatized her)
Personally I just find this story interesting because it explores characters that you don't usually get to see. But since they don't have any likable trait, I also don't really care enough to get angry about the outcome.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Ah the classic "everything gets resolved somehow in the end", ignoring the direction of the characters all throughout the story. It's weird how docile and even nice Sei is acting here, in contrast to all of the manga and even two chapters ago when she was being predatory and sick. It's kinda similar to the trope of "bad boy with rape tendencies gets cured by the mere power of love".

However, she's a strong person of her own, willing to do what it takes in order to get Sei out of her mind's prison. She's motivated by a desire to help someone else heal, not so much by covering up her own suffering and filling a void within her.

I don't think it's healing. It's Aya mindfucking the Yoru out of Sei. Still, she replaces a toxic mindset with another toxic mindset. But I guess these characters are broken and there is no cure for them. Just replacing an obsession with another.

What I'd like to have seen from this manga would be Sei's background. I still don't understand why she was so obsessed with Yoru to the point of developing a predatory character towards minors because of that.

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

Can't wait for a couple of chapters more until the manga surpasses the anime and we get new story...!!
The manga has some extra subtle details that make the story feel more like a shoujo ai, like now Toriko flirting with Sorawo. Anime could be interpreted as both (friendship or subtext romance).
Also Toriko has this mysterious vibe here and you can tell the artist is trying to draw her as attractive as possible in every frame, when in anime she is more bland.

last edited at May 24, 2021 9:33AM

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

My issue with this is the "justification" of her emotional trauma. A prettier girl took her role of princess back in kindergarten so she developed this extreme aversion to feeling like she deserves good things?

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yikes...this was such a stomach turning chapter. Also so many people are involved in this right now, so double yikes.
Kurokawa's inferiority complex doesn't make much sense tbh...I get it so some degree, but even after what happened she keeps repeating it over and over and just makes her look like the villain. I feel sorry for Fujishiro, as if Kurokawa doesn't deserve her after all.

Obviously Kurokawa is mentally ill and that's why it seems so insane to a lot of us. But I don't think we should deny that it's possible to think this way irl. Certainly, I can see this happening to people suffering from PTSD. What's grating is just how it's presented in the chapters.

Like I don't exactly know how and I know it's always been leading up to this but I feel like there was something lacking in the lead up. But I guess ultimately, it's the weird scream faces that's ruining it for me.

Exactly. I think it's not just a complex or lack of self confidence at this point, but mental illness. The author should have developed her character more around that if they wanted to make such a dramatic character arc. That part of Kurokawa only appeared very sparsely throughout the story and it just feels like it's only used when it's convenient for the author rather than a natural built up

last edited at May 20, 2021 1:20PM

MacySan
Anime season 07 May 21:49
joined Dec 9, 2014

Anyone here following Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood?

I was looking for a good anime to watch and it caught my eye. Then I watched all six episodes in one sitting.
It keeps you want to see more because you are thrown in a world that is not explained, with the characters' motivations being very unclear and weird.

Also there is potential yuri from one character that presents as male, but is a female and it seems like she has feelings for the mc. But i feel like she will probably die.
She is the type of character that you hate, then they get a redemption arc and after that they die.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Great job male teacher of possibly allowing a predatory teacher to continue her possibly predatory actions without so much as batting an eye.

It's a troublesome student making an accusation about a colleague (one he likes), in regard to a student at another school. So sure, he's not being a by-the-book authority figure, just keeping the peace where he works.

Problem is, he seems to actually know about Sei being a predator. Because he said something along the lines of "I don't care" implying he likes her regardless.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Just let Sei end and people's suffering along with her

joined Dec 9, 2014

Wasn't this story dropped by Dynasty?

Regarding the chapter, it was a nice one, although the third wheel here doesn't feel necessary. Idk what extra purpose Fuuka can serve that the characters wouldn't realize on their own. I feel kinda sorry for her, she would never have a chance.
As a friend she was a nice addition to the cast, but the being in love part no.

joined Dec 9, 2014

This story is climbing on my favorites....
I think we are in need of more new manhwa and manhua yuri. They give a different sense from mangas, a more realistic one without the over the top reactions. It's great this updates every week.

Regarding mc, yeah I agree what she did was an asshole move. But at least she was mature enough to foresee where this was leading and save herself the hurt. I didn't like it, but tbh she also didn't have many options here. Whether she distanced herself fast or more gradually, the results would be the same. Tongtong would get hurt in either case. There are people who can stick around their crush and get over it, and others can't handle being around them without hurting too much.

last edited at Apr 27, 2021 9:48AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Wth did I just read...I kept waiting for a Chisa x Ai development. I got invested for them in the beginning and then all of a sudden there's the kuhai.
The pacing of the characters reads as a story of a five year old playing with dolls.
It literally goes like "these two loved each other but then they broke up. Now this one loves the new one, the new one loved her husband instead, but then loved this one back"

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

I hope that just because their birthday is right around the corner, that it doesn't mean we are only getting one or two volumes.
This can go on much much longer, to even spawn an anime adaptation. The mangaka just needs to learn how to calmly pace things.
I have a feeling he feels his girls wont attract enough attention within the new yuri communities, so his pacing is all over the place. Makes me wonder if he is just testing the waters to see how the sales are in order to focus on a 12-13 episode adaptation.

I agree, I was thinking the pace is too fast too. Instead of days left the mangaka could make it months or even a couple of years. In between add more fights with that clan Souma is in etc.

I feel like there's a possibility of Himeko being more cunning here than she lets out. There had been two instances where she felt shady and as if she was trying to seduce Chikane on purpose, especially in that bath scene.
It would be an interesting twist if this turns out to be true. It would show how the moon fights with physical strength, but the sun, due to its light, possess the weapon of manipulation instead.

It seems like Souma likes Himeko here too, so maybe they could be collaborating on that tactic together.
Also idk what's going on with Souma's gender, because Chikane was calling her a "him" but then suddenly said "that woman"

MacySan
Citrus + discussion 20 Apr 12:06
joined Dec 9, 2014

Very interesting. For me Mei is the highlight of the series. She feels much more human than the other characters

Literally how though? I'm genuinely puzzled.
I could see how the author tries to make her seem hurt and having a difficulty expressing her true feelings (which some people might find cute) but she executes it very poorly. She should have made Mei show emotions from time to time, in subtle ways. (I know there have been some instances, but even these barely had any true passion/emotion)
She is a literal robot in this chapter. Yuzu has her b-day, and Mei's face is drawn in the same static expression all throughout the panels. It really feels like she doesn't gaf and always talks about work, while others constantly praise her for being so responsible (a level of which only a robot could reach tbh). Saburuta could even draw a little blush on her when she wasn't facing Yuzu in this chapter, to show her supposed hidden emotions but she didn't.

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 12:08PM

MacySan
Citrus + discussion 20 Apr 10:48
joined Dec 9, 2014

Mei always spoils the mood for me. I'd rather read a friendship story between the rest of the characters without any romance. It'd be nice to read about Yuzu and Harumin doing stupid gyaru stuff like wearing their bikinis while studying, without Mei the Dementor around.

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

Is this story an official continuation of KnM, or just a doujinshi?

joined Dec 9, 2014

This kind of marriage you speak of is actually very plausible, especially in a society like Japan, where marriage due to convenience or societal pressure is a definite option. Based on my own circle of married Japanese friends and acquaintances, I cannot tell you how many of them have told me how convenient “marriage” can bring to their social lives. One told me she still has her single life and isn’t bothered by pesky questions of “when will you get married?” anymore. Another told me having a wife means a promotion. I even had a friend who I never knew was married for a long time! They led completely separate lives and she could easily be mistaken as single. These same people admire and respect their spouses, but I’ve never hear them say love. While these are het relationships, I don’t see why same sex couples wouldn’t do the same. Personally I don’t see anything wrong with it. If two consenting adults agree on such terms, then why not? It is Eurocentric to believe that marriage should only be based on love. Marriage, after all, is still practically a contract.

I dont think the concept of marrying because of love is Eurocentric. Maybe marriage for love is talked about more in Western countries, but from the other cultures that I've seen, they also talk about that too (an example could be Bollywood)
Maybe it's more "forced" for a lack of a better word to fall in love before marrying in a western society, but the reality is, this concept of marrying just for the sake of having kids or even people stop bothering you is applied in Europe as well. Especially in Eastern Europe. Russia just banned gay marriage not because they want gay people to stop being gay (like their president said), but to establish their own sovereignty against USA and foreign propaganda.
Also back in monarchy times, people used to marry to unify their families' powers, especially royals.

One of the main reasons gay people were and are still frowned upon is (as believed by many) the loss of power. A gay marriage is not mainly based on procreating (even though this can happen too), at least in a lot of people's minds. Especially in more traditional societies. So it's kinda contradicting for a traditional parent to be satisfied with their kid marrying someone irregardless of their sex.

But of course in a story this can happen because it's fantasy. I remember reading a fan fiction about a female anime character being bugged to get married in 15th century. And she married a woman and everyone was fine. Sometimes it's just suspension of disbelief. I think this story is interesting to read and that's what matters.

joined Dec 9, 2014

For those who haven't already read the rest on Mangadex: After a whole bunch of drama, the manga ends on an 'only good friends' note.

Once Mangadex is back up, you can judge for yourselves.

I've started reading it from Manganelo...
Also why did i have to read that spoiler -.- I was like I don't mind spoilers, but I didn't see that coming tbh...

joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol at the last panel where the silhouette of the author appears...kinda creepy too.

Also this covid thing has lasted so long that now even characters in anime wear a mask. For example in the OP of Jujutsu Sekai we can see passers by wearing a mask too.
Anyway, I think the April's fool tag was mostly regarding the content of the story within, and not so much as the author writing a story for April's fools, whether that actually kinda happened or not.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Honestly, I also had the same thought when I read the LN, I was really disturbed with how Rei acted with Claire and was confused af. But honestly, with the amount of chapters I had to wait to get an explanation, I doubt it’ll be shown in the manga. It probs might takes years. I highly recommend you reading the LN to have all your questions answered.

Didn't know this had a LN. I just checked it and it's 242 chapters. I wonder if one LN chapter =one manga chapter. Because that would be huge. Regardless, the manga will still be long either way, so yeah it will take years. I'll start reading the LN then, even though I like manga as a medium better.

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

Such a classic move, a flashback chapter after a big cliffhanger.
Well, I can't say I didn't like it at all, because it gives us a new perspective about how Kurokawa feels and thinks. I just think this chapter was too short and I expected to see that scene where she bumped into Fujishiro and her boyfriend, and shows us how she felt about that encounter.

I was expecting the same, but we already got a semi-explanation of how she actually felt that day in the last chapter. I think we would get at least another flashback chapter of her actual thoughts on her whole friendship with Nanaki and would get to see her actual thoughts during that moment before we get to see the climax of Nanaki's confession. At least thats what i'm hoping for.

Ohh that would be interesting to read...Even though we already know why Kurokawa had such a rejection to Nanaki's advances, throughout the story we are only introduced to her insecure side. We haven't seen her side that likes Fujishiro, and this chapter showed a snippet of it. This is why I don't consider it a filler.
Another (very specific example) I'd like to see was that scene during their school trip where Kurokawa got really close to Nanaki's face to demonstrate how far she can see without her glasses. And even though Nanaki was really flustered/upset, Kurokawa seemed very nonchalant about it. So it would be interesting to see if Kurokawa got flustered too and hid it.

last edited at Apr 5, 2021 3:43PM