Forum › Posts by Krickey

Krickey
Yuri☆Kome discussion 27 Mar 19:20
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

I'm hooked!

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww my sweetness meter has tipped and I've gone into sugar coma. But I like it there!

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Well, that got weird.

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

I think that you can get a digital copy of this specific one through pixiv, but I don't know what sort of support for international payments they have

Thanks :) I should just open a Japanese bank account, I spend enough money over there lol

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Love Itou Hachi! Is it possible to get print copies of his/her/hamster work in the US, or have my google goggles failed me?

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

So sweet! I've never seen the original anime, but reading it as an individual story was still wonderful. And today's my anniversary, so I get to take warm fuzzies to dinner with my wife!

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

I couldn't tell who was doing what most of the time. I dunno, the lines all ran together and I felt like turning my monitor upside down to see if I could figure out what this blob or that scribble was 'cause I couldn't tell from the right way. Meh.

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Umm ... just ... yeah.

Krickey
Swap discussion 07 Mar 14:24
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

I saw it coming but still so kawaiiiiii! If there is justice in the world, there is a sequel to this.

Krickey
Reversal discussion 06 Mar 22:07
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

(not snipping the original poetry 'cause the caps hurt my eyes)

All caps scream a tale/Cursing with a steady beat/Now my eyes can't see <= today's horrible haiku brought to you by caffeine and sleep deprivation.

I had to reread this to understand it, but then I thought it was pretty well-played. Felt like Friday night at the youth club poetry slam. The community here never fails to amaze me.

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 10:26PM

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Well, that was weird. Kind of like an X-rated X-men comic ... I liked everything that didn't involve the rape bit, other than the spontaneous I love yous at the end. Old school art is so strange when you remember it being just art lol.

Krickey
Reversal discussion 05 Mar 14:23
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

I'm torn. Hate the art, love the story, but it's way too rushed. I'm sure there's some sort of understanding with certain types of stories that the reader with be able to fill in the "due to certain circumstances" on their own and just go straight into the sex/foot massaging/oil lapping ... erm ... whatever that was. My preference is to see the backstory, so this sort of story that teases at potential kind of annoys me.

Maybe it's because I write romance for a living; I want to see what someone /else/ came up with once in a while. With stories like this, I'll spend the next two days writing the pre/post story in my head. That's probably 'working as intended' but I can't help feeling cheated lol

I would read more by this artist/author. Good pacing, given the brevity, enough setting to keep it from being a jump-in-bed story, still hate the art.

I shouldn't read these within three hours of my writing critique group, huh.

Edit: I also don't get the name. I expected the rich girl to be the sub for some reason. Oh well.

last edited at Mar 5, 2016 2:26PM

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Says, "Oh, My!" in that George Takei voice ...
also, does this count as defloration (or whatever that word is)? and yes, pretty rapey

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

This is such a stupid manga ... and yet I jump up and down with joy when a new chapter appears. Maybe it's the subtext (yeah, subtext, that's the word) or maybe it's the food. Or both. Who doesn't like subtext with pudding?

Now I want pudding. Sigh.

And I want to find the cooking manga done by the author of the little postscripts.

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Krickey served in the military and was probably injured in combat.

(Thank you for your sacrifices)

I did serve but I wasn't injured in combat. I have a neurological condition that keeps me from walking more than a few yards. The VA (Veteran's Administration healthcare) handles all my care, and I "wheel around" with a few combat-injured vets when I'm there, at least until the clinic cop yells at us to stop racing in the halls lol. Thank you for your kind words, too. I'm proud to have served :)

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

What does she mean, "A boy?" She has boobs for goodness sake...

That happens more than you'd think.

As someone with boobs and short hair, I agree. Being called sir is very frequent.

Awww... sounds like de javu..

Same! I am mistaken for a boy so frequently... I hate it so much :<

Try being nearly 6 foot with short hair. I used to get called sir a lot (mostly by women) even though I am decidedly not ... um ... petite in the chest area. Now that I use a wheelchair, I get it all the time :/ especially at the VA (of course, they have an excuse there since 95% of their patients are men) Ah, the trials of exuding a butch air ...

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

This is just fun to read. Waiting (im)patiently for moar!

Krickey
15Y+ discussion 03 Feb 20:21
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

As someone who writes for a living, some of these translations make me grind my teeth so hard! I agree that things are moving too fast; there's no context for what's going on. The premise could be interesting, depending on the actual relationship between Fah and Zee(Sea?), but it needs a lot more development for the sex to seem like more than just a really rotten thing someone did drunk.

Just not as much development as that other not-to-be-named pseudo-incest story.

Also, did anyone else start humming "do-re-mi" reading these names?

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Nezchan posted:
"huge messages with almost nothing but black bars"

ahaha I read this as 'nothing but black bears' ... bears on the brain, I guess.

As for Kale "killing and eating" Reia, I'm wondering if there's something more metaphysical at work here. I know that in one of my early novels, I killed my father (it was actually a very successful release, maybe I should look for other relatives to knock off and restart my career) because I Just. Hated. Him. So. Much. That Kureha didn't know about the added pages suggests that the book is a second edition, and it would make sense from the psychological standpoint of a writer (especially one who seems to have a slightly loose grip on reality) to go kill Reia as a new ending to the story after things fell apart. Whether this happened because of or led to Reia's actual death is uncertain. I certainly didn't go and actually kill my father, but then I'm only slightly crazy.

The "ate" part, to me, almost seems to mean Kale has stuffed down, or devoured, her feelings in a way that mentally, at least to her, makes them final and justifies either what she did, how she reacted to various things, or how she has assumed guilt for Reia's death. Kale clearly has a few cards missing from her deck, so it could be any combination of the above.

What I find so fascinating is why Kale felt she was a 'criminal bear', or a bear at all, for that matter. In the flashback, Reia happily tells her daughter the book is about her and Kale, so obviously she doesn't hate or fear her at that point. She also chuckles over Kale referring to herself as a criminal bear ("it is so like her") which makes me wonder whether she was dismissing a potential warning sign that Kale was/is bear-scat crazy (see what I did there?) or if she really didn't understand the depth of Kale's feelings.

I have a bunch of nagging questions about the whole thing, but I have to go back and reread the entire series to this point to try and find if they are already answered. Several of them have to do with Yurika. Yurika, yez ... Compared to this, analyzing Kafka in English class was easy lol.

Krickey
My Kitten discussion 28 Jan 11:07
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Was she singing, or cage fighting? I've never seen so many patches on someone! marks rock star off her bucket list

Krickey
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

What just happened?

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Soooo needs another installment! I went to a rich kids school, and I assure you that the "genteel" was saved for friends' elderly grandparents. We were just as rowdy a bunch as the next otherwise. I love how the VP was complaining about Anna-Senpai's thinking they should be 'saying "Onee-Sama" and "Good day"' and then turns in the same frame and says 'good day' in response to another student saying 'bye-bye'. She's already being sucked in ...

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

More Itou Hachi!!! I can't wait for the next chapter...
Did I mention I love Itou Hachi?

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

I love this. Sweet yuri incest is the best.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Krickey
Yuri Danshi discussion 28 Sep 19:17
Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

So much text ... Going to have to re-read once my eyes have settled down. The first go didn't appeal at all, but I'll give it a few chapters. The guy seems kind of creepy to me though.