Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

How is it not a doujin of Sakura Trick when they are quite obviously the girls from the series?

Because it's published and endorsed by the company behind Sakura Trick. Doujinshi are a firm step below that, completely unofficial.

I wouldn't say this is just a doujin and anthology issue though, because you can't access a series' doujin or anthology pages from even the main series page either. Although this is just my opinion, what I would suggest is more direct linking between related categories rather than any merging of two together.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're interested in more series being treated like Saki?

Though it may ultimately be a band-aid solution, official anthologies could be directly linked to (but not filed under) from the main series page and the doujins page. Not the prettiest(?), but I do think this would improve both visibility and properly link together related series/anthologies/whatever without improperly classifying anything.

last edited at Mar 12, 2014 3:51PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Why isnt this listed as a Sakura Trick doujin?

Cause...it isn't. It's complicated and there's some disagreement in terms of how we're supposed to categorize these things. We'll figure it out some day.

Arent they normally tagged with the pairing? Yuu x Haruka or something?

For now, assume all stories in this anthology will have the same themes and pairings as the main series, the latter of which will not be tagged.

last edited at Mar 12, 2014 3:10PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Abandoned seems more apt, given the lack of info from Vexed on the issue.

OrangePekoe Admin
OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The art really emphasized just how fluffy this was. The second part was great - the father's role was unexpectedly wondrous.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 6:26PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Fixed, thanks.

Though, Nez is correct. Errors are more likely to be dealt with in a timely manner if posted in that thread.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 12:29PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Finally a Bleu book makes it over. Very odd to me that this would be chosen over the multiple fluffy KyoSaya's they've done, but I do get why it was chosen instead.
Also; funniest afterword I've read so far this year, with some great art [on that particular page] to boot.

OrangePekoe Admin
Sen to Man discussion 08 Mar 15:01
joined Mar 20, 2013

this should have seinen(adult life)& comedy tagged...
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=80693

We actually do our own tagging. While Comedy certainly seems to be a possibility - dunno, don't really follow this series much - Adult life is for manga centered around adults, and this being Seinen has no bearing on that.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Saya x Ritz OTP (seriously, "Dear"). Hideki is insane, and I love it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 08 Mar 11:09
joined Mar 20, 2013

(Also glad to see that the NSFW tag got removed, that'll save some people in the future)

Or get them in trouble...

Anyway, next chapter is really interesting. I don't even feel bad saying that, given how hyper-charged the translation has been.

I also like the sometimes weird tempo. It should be frustrating beyond belief for anyone eagerly awaiting chapters, but in retrospect, the stretching-to-plot ratio is very nice.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'd suggest change status to Dropped.

If an active group has any intention of completing a project, it will be listed as "Ongoing". It's already been stated in this thread that Binbou is working on it.

Also, use the tag suggestion feature - drop-down in the upper right corner - to actually suggest things. That's much easier for us to take seriously than a forum post that we may or may not see for days.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nice catch! Fixed.

OrangePekoe Admin
Happy End discussion 04 Mar 18:21
joined Mar 20, 2013

Series is now "finished" as far as scanlation is concerned.

The last victim of the YK cancellation we'll be seeing anytime soon, one would imagine. Too bad really, Chako was too lovable to only get two chapters of content.

last edited at Mar 4, 2014 6:21PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 02 Mar 01:31
joined Mar 20, 2013

So... The real question is, is it yuri or subtext?

Anyone know what it's being serialized in, even? That could probably give the best heads up.

Josei web publication.

OrangePekoe Admin
Lemonade discussion 01 Mar 01:30
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Edited for spoiler tagging. Discussion of raws/untranslated chapters should have it.

Anyway, the crush was pretty obvious as of last chapter. This was probably my favorite of the series so far, if only because it did away with silly drama and focused on a nice moment between friends. It also gave me a bit of respect for Youko, who hasn't really had a chance to shine otherwise.

last edited at Mar 1, 2014 1:33AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Candy discussion 23 Feb 13:39
joined Mar 20, 2013

Awh i loved the special! nice to see a younger version + another view. Those two are adorable though and I'll take anything I can get...and one that note, is there anymore Candy specials?

Via the release post, "Another special from Candy and the last unscanlated piece I’m aware of. If you know whether vol. 2 had another special (and maybe even offer scans), please do tell."

Now marking this as Completed.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

As for purchasing the manga, I only just got started buying raws with the Sakura Trick volumes a couple weeks ago; however, I'm thinking of making the plunge (not like there's a chance of this series getting licensed, I think). Probably I should look into some other yuri series in order to offset Amazon's shipping costs; Shinozaki-san not being available on other JP import sites is a bit unfortunate.

You can also grab it from Kinokuniya and Honto, as linked on Comet Scans' blog.

joined Mar 20, 2013

^Same series, second part.

Combined them properly into a series now.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It would be fair to say that your comments there were the inspiration for the creation of the tag.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The tag was only made today, whilst sifting through some of Daigaga and other's work.

As we already have an Animal ears tag, and something like a tail is relatively uncommon, this will only be used - for now, at least - for literal animal depictions of non-animals. I'll whip up a little bit of a description for it tomorrow...

last edited at Feb 17, 2014 12:45AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

latest nukoduke chapters are in wrong order

Fixed.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This was cute.

[I wanted to apologize to the scanlator for our lateness in fulfilling this request - I think I subconsciously dismiss requests when I can't find any info on the group that worked on it. In other words, I didn't realize you were requesting your own work to be uploaded! Anyway, sorry about that, and thanks for sharing.]

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

heart asplodes

That was great. Cute, romantic, and surprisingly well-written. I especially appreciated the last panel - capped it off beautifully.

Hajin is a dark-horse for my favorite artist on the site. Their love for Koishi is wonderful!

OrangePekoe Admin
Before Work discussion 04 Feb 19:59
joined Mar 20, 2013

Wanted to point this out, since it was requested.

Artists' name was spelled incorrectly/had no alias, but it is here.

last edited at Feb 4, 2014 7:59PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This, I like this.

(Always stopping at the good part though, asdfguiowlrrrrr)