Forum › Posts by SyxThree

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Agh I hope this doesn't get/hasn't gotten cancelled again, cause I like this! I also hope the author hasn't put too much on their plate since we've only even seen 2 of the 8 elite knights, let alone gotten to the nationals. I would like it better without all the ecchi junk, but I appreciate that the author had the good sense not to let it bleed into and ruin the cool looking armor.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

This is so great. Yuuki is absolutely shameless and I love her. If there are more in the series I really hope they get translated soon.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Previous: Rimi turning into a choco cornet

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Cute fluffy MisaKanon? Hook that stuff directly into my veins!
Rating: Fleeting out of Fueee~

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Wow they're all turned to eleven here, but Futaba is super aggro, like not even just when she's competing. TBH I much prefer the mild everyman Futaba over this pushy one, but I really like extra spicy Junna.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

lol at that chapter 8 credits page, I was thinking the same thing when I saw all those "Junjuns". Get ready to catch that repressed Banananger, Karen.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I guess they're setting up the MC to have a change of heart from her bad attitude, but I'm pretty sure I'm not into this manga either way.
BTW did everyone who isn't a girl get changed into one or did they just blink out of existence? Like, I'd definitely notice that first, right? I wouldn't want to lose half my family, even for a cause as righteous as a yuritopia.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

lol at Gridley getting those shots of the "action". I'm surprised to see her fangirling around Wales instead of Saratoga, though. Speaking of which...

SyxThree
4piece!KISS discussion 24 Dec 03:56
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

It was cute, and I can't say no to MisaKanon, but they mostly felt so out of character that it's tough for me to say I really liked it that much...

(Well, ok, I'll admit it a small part of it was my immune system rejecting the idea of Ran and Moca in relationships with anyone but each other, but that's on me)

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Late to this chapter, but I never get tired of Takebe's cute delinquent expression. I agree that she shouldn't change a thing. I think this is just the right fluffy:dramatic ratio for me right now~

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Perfect timing on the punchline, and I love how much of a sense of personality you get from these characters with so few panels. Deffi one of my favorite shorts that I've read.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I can't help thinking, it is what it is so I won't bother looking for an in-universe explanation, but it seems funny to me the way they really zero in on the human/beastkin divide as the sole hurdle to the relationship. Like, to the point where it's pretty conspicuous the way they all avoid the elephant in the room. Based on the way the publisher character (forgot her name :p) reacted, this isn't some alt-universe where adult/child couples are considered the norm or even culturally acceptable, but nobody else even bats an eye. The same-sex taboo doesn't even register at this point, but even then, I wonder if that's seen as okay? If this story shares a universe with the other beastkin series, the beastkin nation is said to be unique in treating it as normal. Of course the meta reason is that the narrative would be weighed down by dealing with too many taboos, but the mangaka still wanted to tailor the relationship to their, uh, very particular taste.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kira_kira_precure_a_la_mode_ch7_5#17

I spyyyy~

Akira x Yukari (obvs)
Saki x Mai
Mana x Rikka
Hibike x Kanade
And Riko x Trying to keep her wife from acting like a fool

I feel like I can get a sense of who the mangaka ships...

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

When I read the synopsis I was kind of hoping it'd be something more like D.E.B.S where the hero and villain are dating one the side while still rivals/enemies in their "professional" lives, but they just ended up on the same side within the first chapter. Hopefully Honey's villainous inclinations haven't totally disappeared, cause that would give them an interesting dynamic. Anyway this still seems like a lot of fun and it's pretty unique, so I'm eager for more. There's only so much high school drama you can read before the stories kind of start to run together >_>

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

The chapter with Hikari's dream has me worried. I hope it's not foreshadowing the anime's actual ending, especially with the heroines of 'Starlight' sharing such a similar fate. I've had enough of tragic endings thankyouverymuch.

(Though in my heart I'm still rooting for Mahiru, sorry Hikari)

SyxThree
Ochikano discussion 16 May 07:13
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

These are always so good, but I always also lament the absence of Nagisa.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Honestly, who knows how their society views same sex couples (and, by extension, what sort of views Vivio might pick up from her peers). The way the canon itself dances around the question could read as them being in a sort of don't-ask-don't-tell "secret" relationship. AFAIK none of the characters are openly and explicitly homosexual.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I wasn't sure about this ship at first, but these Moose x Lion doujins have won me over.

SyxThree
Image Comments 27 Apr 01:13
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016
[ninniku%20(ninnniku105)]%2061877008_p0

Just watched a YouTube video where a gentoo penguin became infatuated with an emperor penguin, so this checks out. thumbs up

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Agh I wish I could play this! Even the new characters they introduced seem really fun, especially the purple girl with the hammer.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Wow, the tone shift between the anime and this is so jarring, especially Kaban's personality! This is pretty funny as its own thing, though, I think I like it so far. Definitely more raunchy and upfront with its yuri subtext... Now I want to see what they do with Fennec and Arai because Fennec is Yuri Queen of Japari Park.

(Okay, Margay might be a bit more gay, but come on, it's in her name)

SyxThree
Homukano discussion 23 Feb 02:45
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Sign me right up for some more of that assertive Madoka!

"Kyou" was good too. I've always found it a bit funny that "KyoSaya" could also theoretically be Kyousuke x Sayaka...

...Not that anyone of sound mind would ship that, of course ;D

SyxThree
Animal discussion 06 Feb 05:32
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Kuma shock!!!

I wonder if the first one has enough of a size gap for the tag?

last edited at Feb 6, 2017 5:32AM

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I don't ship MamiNagi romantically, but this story was really cute anyway. I especially liked the art here, especially-especially the way the artist drew Nagisa.

SyxThree
Image Comments 03 Feb 05:30
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016
Tllldpe

I like it when it's played for drama too because I'm trash.