Forum › Stopping By On The Way discussion

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Don't know much Japanese, but that's how it works for Spanish, German, Icelandic, Polish, English, Arabic, and Korean. So I think it's safe to assume it works the same way for Japanese.

You need to use it carefully, and as you say, already know a lot about Japanese.

When I was reading the instructions for a game, I threw the file to Google Translate one section at a time and got good, if slightly strange results. But when I'm translating a manga, it's not very helpful. I will still refer to it sometimes in the process of something (against Procyon's advice), but it's attempts at a translation have been known to drive me to fits of laughter. As noted above, even on individual words, it can be a bit off, and occasionally, completely off. Especially if there are homonyms involved.

I find it most useful to pick up on short, standard phrases that I'm not familiar with. Except that in that case, it invariably hands you one ironclad meaning, when there may be many meanings depending on usage.

Edit: Ah! I've hijacked this forum. I won't say anything else on this subject, though I'll read it if someone else posts it.

last edited at Dec 2, 2014 11:07PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I got mixed feelings for this one...I don't know what to say. They obviously love each other at least...?

Google translate is useful but you need to know the language I found myself using it while translating citrus 13 from the spanish release even though I'm fluid in both languages but some words kicked me in the back of the head -oh whoops wrong topic!

joined Mar 30, 2012

Yes it wasn't very LOVE sex but it wasn't bad, make up casual. The story was pretty as is to follow, nothing complicated.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Not really a fan of these type of characters, if you are going to have casual sex fine but don't do it with someone who actually cares about you, that's just cruel.

+1

Agreed.

(Real quick tangent related to the Google Translate topic: I use it to help translate Chinese on Wiki Answers for people when I get stumped on characters/words I know but can't remember. I'm fluent though. Translating singular characters in Chinese can sometimes be tricky though. A lot of them need another character for context. Not sure how it works in Japanese, but I assume its similar.)

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Lol that last page, I think exactly the same way with all my yuri doujins xD

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/ translated the title "よりみち" as "Let's just wander and see where it takes us."

last edited at May 8, 2015 9:38PM

Images
joined Mar 5, 2015

I thought it was pretty cute with the little stundere act at the end

joined Jan 11, 2015

Not too bad but I want a romantic relationship

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

I have seen more of Kurobas work and the author does not want to write romantic relationships.

To reply you must either login or sign up.