Forum › umamusume english version announced!

Firefox_th3fhgomhk
joined Nov 25, 2023

new official site: https://umamusume.com/

as a longtime player of jp now, i'm super hyped. for anyone who hasn't played, you can make the protagonist female and the romantic subtext (or text in many cases) remains or gets stronger. it's attracted a big following of yumejoshi for that reason, all for the girls! not to mention horse girls are a female only species and we've gotten bits and pieces of lore re: that, like there's a specific gesture that's romantic and pretty intimate and can only be done between them. it's extremely yuri friendly.

the translation seems to be in-house by cygames as well, and i'm hoping it's solid. it'd be really nice to see it be successful in the west too, now that people will be able to appreciate the story :)

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

new official site: https://umamusume.com/

as a longtime player of jp now, i'm super hyped. for anyone who hasn't played, you can make the protagonist female and the romantic subtext (or text in many cases) remains or gets stronger. it's attracted a big following of yumejoshi for that reason, all for the girls! not to mention horse girls are a female only species and we've gotten bits and pieces of lore re: that, like there's a specific gesture that's romantic and pretty intimate and can only be done between them. it's extremely yuri friendly.

the translation seems to be in-house by cygames as well, and i'm hoping it's solid. it'd be really nice to see it be successful in the west too, now that people will be able to appreciate the story :)

I enjoy the anime so I'm definitely interested, I just worry how they'll handle the 3 year gap with the game. As an FGO player I'm pretty exhausted by server gaps at this point, that one is 2 years lol

butches-and-chicken
Butches%20yuri
joined Jun 12, 2023

Wow, that's pretty nice!

Firefox_th3fhgomhk
joined Nov 25, 2023

I enjoy the anime so I'm definitely interested, I just worry how they'll handle the 3 year gap with the game. As an FGO player I'm pretty exhausted by server gaps at this point, that one is 2 years lol

this also concerns me a little. one of my top favorite girls doesn't get added til months after 2nd anniversary, so unless they change the pacing that will be brutal for a lot of people. i hope the quality balances it out, at least. especially in cases like tamamo cross (another fav of mine) where she speaks in osakaben, because there are so many ways that can go wrong...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

this also concerns me a little. one of my top favorite girls doesn't get added til months after 2nd anniversary, so unless they change the pacing that will be brutal for a lot of people. i hope the quality balances it out, at least. especially in cases like tamamo cross (another fav of mine) where she speaks in osakaben, because there are so many ways that can go wrong...

Yeah hopefully they know what they're doing with both the server handling and handling the characters. With the server handling a big one will be Quality of Life updates and fixes, things that really make the game more enjoyable and you wouldn't want to wait years on.

To reply you must either login or sign up.