Forum › You, My Double discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Perfect for each other haha

joined May 30, 2022

Weird but even happy end?

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

i excepted a wholesome ending completely forgetting that i used the creepy tag to get here

Untitled264_20240611160607
joined May 22, 2024

Well. Creepy psychological, fine. Mini-twist at the end. But somehow . . . and maybe it's not so much this particular one, maybe I've just realized something about how I feel about this kind of schtick in general . . . but it didn't have impact, because I found myself thinking "This is facile, I don't think real damaged people think like this, I don't think this particular kind of creepy reflects anyone's real psychology".

I felt like the "ugly" girl's character was interesting, and while not exactly a 1:1 representation of any real person, it worked as a dramatically exaggerated version of a very real mindset.

The other girl, though... I agree, it felt a little bit hollow to me if you take it at face value (no pun intended). It was maybe a bit too literal and basic in favor of being twisted. Like, "I'm a narcissist so I want to have sex with myself" is kind of reductive to the point that it isn't really interesting. On the other hand, "you look like me so I'm into you" could be more of an expression of an idea like "you are obsessed with me, and I am excited by the fact that your adoration/envy for me is so strong that it ruined you". I think that's a little more like an exaggeration of the way some people really experience attraction.

The main issue is that this is just a short oneshot, so things have to progress really quickly, leaving everything pretty simple and reductive.

To reply you must either login or sign up.