Forum › Yuri Danshi

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

For those who don't know, Yuri Danshi is the last manga made by Kurata Uso, from Mangahelpers:

Hanadera Keisuke is obsessed with yuri, and he's read all the Yuri Hime manga. However, he is sadly aware that there is one thing a lesbian romance absolutely does not need-- him. One day, a student named Akane transferred to his class from an all-girls school. She used to go to school with another classmate, Saori, and Akane immediately tried to pick up their friendship. However, her clinginess, desire for alone-time, and intensity all convinced Keisuke that he was finally seeing yuri in reality! Soon enough, Keisuke had stalked them enough to see a love triangle between Saori, newcomer Akane, and their standoffish classmate Matsuoka. Is there truth to his observations, or is he viewing the world through yuri-tinted glasses?

The first two chapters have been translated, I found it on Mangahere, I don't remeber seen a credit page so I don't have any idea who translated it, anyone have them in high quality? They should be updated here, it's really good, most relatable mc ever made.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Someone already made a thread about this a few weeks back. Basically someone stole YP's translation and just released without permission. OrangePekoe already said that Dynasty won't be hosting those chapters because it was a really shitty thing to do.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Someone already made a thread about this a few weeks back. Basically someone stole YP's translation and just released without permission. OrangePekoe already said that Dynasty won't be hosting those chapters because it was a really shitty thing to do.

YP? You mean Yuri Project? Because I didn't find any informartion about it been licensed or translated, and I didn't see that thread, so could you give me the link for me?

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/9606.html

Thanks, if it was stolem from Yen Press os some of other publisher it would be cool, but stealing from Yuri Project was a really dick move...

Talking about stealing translation, something that always left me perplexed, does uploading somewhere a manga that was licensed causes too much problems? I found few licensed mangas or light novel uploaded, so I was wondering if it is because it would cause problems with the law or if anyone didn't want to do that.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Talking about stealing translation, something that always left me perplexed, does uploading somewhere a manga that was licensed causes too much problems? I found few licensed mangas or light novel uploaded, so I was wondering if it is because it would cause problems with the law or if anyone didn't want to do that.

Typically the company that did the work will send the uploading parties a cease-and-desist order, "Stop or we'll sue you." So it violates copyright law, yes. Moreover, few people feel the need to upload licensed material if it can be purchased easily; it's not a particularly nice thing to do.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Typically the company that did the work will send the uploading parties a cease-and-desist order, "Stop or we'll sue you." So it violates copyright law, yes. Moreover, few people feel the need to upload licensed material if it can be purchased easily; it's not a particularly nice thing to do.

I imagined it would be because of that, I'm from Brazil and here piracy is common, I found a lot of licensed manga online in my language, I don't read them because I'm too used to english, reading in my language is not the same anymore.

Although I would be able to buy a digital copy of the manga in english, it would end up not being woth because of the value of the dollar here, I will always pay at least the double if I buy something in dollar, right now the value is 1R$ = 2,85$, for example, I have seen one volume of Shingeki no Kyojin for 10$, I would basically pay 28,50$, and if the translation was dropped because it was licensed like Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, I probably never be able to read it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm sad now because Yuri Danshi is hilarious and I don't know if it will ever resume.

To reply you must either login or sign up.