Forum › YuriAddicts Anonymous (YA)

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

yuri based on close relationships from early childhood, and yuri based on long-lasting secret/unrequited love.

when you say yuri based long-lasting secret/unrequited love, you prefer it to stay unrequited till the very end or begins with it then in the very end their a little bit of hope of the female?

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

..hi,i'm crossheart but my friends called me monique and i got addicted in yuri since i accidentally found a yuri anime.

which yuri anime was it?

.there's no cure for being an addict in yuri...just grab it and be proud...(^o^)

I agree! ^.^

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Dear yuri-addict friends, lately I have some episode of serious spasm and frothy mouth whenever I read yuri stories that are to sweet and cute (like http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strawberry_shake_sweet from Hayashiya Shizuru and http://dynasty-scans.com/series/sisterism from Yoshitomi Akihito). A friend told me to balance it with angst stories and it kind of works, but after I read one of those stories that really gets me, I tend to have depression for days. Should I see doctor? Is this some kind of illness?

aww dang I see the problem, have u tried after reading cute, sweet, adorable yuri mangas, you read a "wtf am I reading" tag yuri manga instead of angst, by time you finish reading the wtf tag yuri manga, like http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/portball , every cell in your body is gonna forget about how cute the other story was & gonna be like, "wtf did you made us read O.o" but only read the wtf tag yuri mangas/doujins when it's absolutely necessary, too much might traumatize you for life x(

(note: this is what they do in those addicts program right?)

your absolutely correct! ^.^

last edited at May 30, 2013 9:09AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

yuri based on close relationships from early childhood, and yuri based on long-lasting secret/unrequited love.

when you say yuri based long-lasting secret/unrequited love, you prefer it to stay unrequited till the very end or begins with it then in the very end their a little bit of hope of the female?

Ah, of course happy endings are better when I can get one. The main idea is just that the love might be carried for a long time, so that it has a chance to sink into the person's existence.

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Ah, of course happy endings are better when I can get one. The main idea is just that the love might be carried for a long time, so that it has a chance to sink into the person's existence.

oh okay, those type of yuri stories are quite enjoyable ^_^

Draft_lens2158755module11381086photo_1221169011grand-moff-tarkin
joined May 31, 2013

Hi, my name is Tarkin and i'm a Yuri Addict. I first learned I had this "disease"(as they like to call it) about 2 years ago. I happened upon a little show by the name of Strawberry Panic!. At first I was like "what is this cute girly crap," and then about 8 hrs later I found myself 20 episodes in and still going. This is a serious problem for me you see. Lord Vader is always pestering me for permission to kill this or that prisoner or anybody who makes him angry for that matter. I mean one time while i was reading Girlfriends, so i told him to do whatever he pleases, and then he just up and kills like five admirals. Do you know how hard it is to replace five admirals on a space station that's home to a homicidal cyborg?

Sorry, I digress. I love all Yuri. To name a favorite type is impossible, but right now my mood is leaning towards age gap, but I think I've read most of it. :( Maybe with your help i'll be able to cope with the fact that there is no cure.

Also if you know the whereabouts of Leia Organa please contact me. You can reach me at GrandMoffTarkin@dthstr.com

kagakujinjya
Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Hi, my name is Tarkin and i'm a Yuri Addict. I first learned I had this "disease"(as they like to call it) about 2 years ago. I happened upon a little show by the name of Strawberry Panic!. At first I was like "what is this cute girly crap," and then about 8 hrs later I found myself 20 episodes in and still going. This is a serious problem for me you see. Lord Vader is always pestering me for permission to kill this or that prisoner or anybody who makes him angry for that matter. I mean one time while i was reading Girlfriends, so i told him to do whatever he pleases, and then he just up and kills like five admirals. Do you know how hard it is to replace five admirals on a space station that's home to a homicidal cyborg?

I,, I actually picture that situation while reading it...
you're awesome!

While doesn't involve anyone's live in any way, I usually find myself a problem with my boss because of my addiction too. I can feel you buddy!

To reply you must either login or sign up.