Forum › School Days discussion

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hey that's a nice boat right there

And to be continued! I wonder if it was continued...

last edited at Jun 22, 2022 9:39PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

There's always a message that tells "You like that ship? Watch the anime" and at this point I don't know why I am refusing to do it. I am addicted to this ship lol

joined Apr 14, 2022

There's always a message that tells "You like that ship? Watch the anime" and at this point I don't know why I am refusing to do it. I am addicted to this ship lol

Personally, my reason is that I just get frustrated watching series that are clearly yuri baiting but won't commit. Better to just read the fan works in that case.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

Personally, my reason is that I just get frustrated watching series that are clearly yuri baiting but won't commit. Better to just read the fan works in that case.

this is only my opinion but i think starlight definitely goes beyond yuri-baiting, even if the couples might not ever actually kiss on screen.

seriously, it's one of my all time favourite animes and i think anyone skipping it is really missing out.

e: oh, and this was a fun manga! ty tlers

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 1:11AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

this is only my opinion but i think starlight definitely goes beyond yuri-baiting, even if the couples might not ever actually kiss on screen.

seriously, it's one of my all time favourite animes and i think anyone skipping it is really missing out.

e: oh, and this was a fun manga! ty tlers

I agree with you here. Someone might not be able to classify this as "yuri" the way they would for obvious romances like Bloom Into You or Citrus, but it's every bit as defining and in the yuri canon as Utena and Madoka (unless the above is the kind of person who wouldn't watch Madoka because it's just yuri bait. And I mean, damn, Claudine and Maya get symbolically, and practically literally, married in the movie.) Plus, the series is worth it because it means you get to watch the movie! What a treat

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 1:35AM

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

I agree with you here. Someone might not be able to classify this as "yuri" the way they would for obvious romances like Bloom Into You or Citrus, but it's every bit as defining and in the yuri canon as Utena and Madoka (unless the above is the kind of person who wouldn't watch Madoka because it's just yuri bait. And I mean, damn, Claudine and Maya get symbolically, and practically literally, married in the movie.) Plus, the series is worth it because it means you get to watch the movie! What a treat

right, and with the kaoruko and futaba scene in the movie, and the way those two end up there is basically no ambiguity there. and junnana! so good. damn, now i wanna watch it all over again

joined Apr 14, 2022

(unless the above is the kind of person who wouldn't watch Madoka because it's just yuri bait)

(Madoka Magica movie ending spoilers contained below, late bloomers like myself be forewarned)

I did actually just give in and watch Madoka this week after a particularly interesting manga was posted here recently, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was a little disappointed by the TV anime, which really did feel like yuri baiting early on with Sayaka talking about wifing Madoka only to have a het interest define most of her character, but the movie plenty made up for it. I have to admit that "reshaping the entire universe while declaring your love" is pretty unambiguously yuri, and Kyouko / Sayaka had some incredibly gay handholding action too. Like, that was some high-sexual-tension handholding, no doubt about it. I guess I'll have to give Revue Starlight a shot too if it's comparable.

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 5:45AM

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

I did actually expect for a nice boat, or some kind of parody of it, seeing the tag.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Lol wait did someone actually sneak in the nice boat tag for a hot minute there?

guess I'll have to give Revue Starlight a shot too if it's comparable.

I'd recommend it, and hey, if hand-holding is what you're in for, it has two of the most epic hand-holding scenes in yuri. My only warning is that the main couple is kinda meh.

damn, now i wanna watch it all over again

You should! It was in theaters recently and I gotta say to try to recreate that experience as much as possible. Headphones, close to the screen, watch in the dark. It's nuts. And! And! The little Tendo Maya swan chick at Claudine's house in the credits!!

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 10:44AM

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Im so glad the title wasn't related to the school days I initially thought pf

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Also to add to the revue starlight comments. Ud give it a go and a warning is that there is alot of symbolism and to properly understand the themes and messages involved you would have to re watch the series (only if you get super mega invested like me whose rewatched the anime and movie countless times and probably has over 200 hrs in the game somehow)

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

There is a little je ne sais quoi that I find extremely cute about this artstyle.

To reply you must either login or sign up.