Forum › Nosebleed discussion

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

I've seen a few people express (seemingly) disproportionate hate towards nosebleeding in yuri lately. I wonder why that is? Do you dislike/hate nosebleeding? Why or why not? I personally have no preference one way or the other, but considering it has its own tag, I assume others have stronger feelings than I do.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The only real dislike of nosebleeds I've seen lately has been when it, as a very broad sort of humour, is overused as in Neko no Sakegoto's "nosebleed Alice" stories where the author has her do extreme nosebleeds in literally every story. That, and there are occasional cases where you have a promising yuri scene paused or even stopped altogether for the sake of a nosebleed joke.

But aside from those cases, which really aren't that common, I haven't seen much hate in the forums. Maybe you could point to some examples?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Thinking of deleting this tag, or at least 95% of things tagged with it. IMO, this tag should be saved for images and those releases like the Touhou ones where alice nosebleeds a comedic gusher of blood.

Releases tagged with nosebleed cause one panel has a character with a small one seem pointless to me. Is there anyone who thinks against removing the tag from most of them before I do so?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

No complaints, although there's a Mai Hime one where Shizuru has a magnificent gusher that you really need to keep.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

In that case someone should probably write up an apt description for this, like "Only for ridiculously huge gushes of blood" or something along those lines. Or maybe the tags name can just be changed into something more specific, like Lots of Nosebleeds.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

In that case someone should probably write up an apt description for this, like "Only for ridiculously huge gushes of blood" or something along those lines. Or maybe the tags name can just be changed into something more specific, like Lots of Nosebleeds.

If I do go ahead and do this, I'll change the description yeah.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's a nosebleep in Lily Love. Dunno if it has been tagged.

Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

I got a nasty nosebleed a couple days ago, not fun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.