Forum › Silver Gymnasium discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Could've been better if this was just a tiny bit longer. The first volume was amazingly written. The second is good, but not as good. The flow & pacing don't feel as natural, the glasses x tomboy pairing is rather detached from the main story, & the resolution to Fiona & Amy's story could've been handled better & less abrupt (couple of sentences for reconciliation & time-skip happy ending after all the hanging drama, rlly? I prefer sad ending, instead... better fit with the idea of growing out of your past). Still a really nice coming of age story & one of the best read I had all year. Really appreciate the visual imageries used in this series. Very emotionally gripping.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Objectively, it was well written and well done, but I don't know, I felt nothing during the entire read. I guess after the countless dramatic and angsty works I've read or watched, I became insensible to this kind of stories. Even the end, it was neither happy nor sad; just plain, empty, hollow. Ineffective on me, it was definitely not my type of manga ; it still remains an interesting work though.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 1:13PM

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

omg I was so scared at the end. Even though everything was pointing towards them ending up together, the creepy vibe of this series made me doubt it until the very end...

Amazing read, it really warmed my heart. Why no kissing though???

Also I wonder what Amy has been doing for 8 years? And Fiona too, she was earning a living as a piano teacher, and living in the same town. I feel like one of them could have reached to the other one waaaay earlier.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Did they live in the same town, though? I thought Fiona's town was at least a day's journey away, seeing how Toto and Eris were prepared to spend the night there and didn't know the town.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

I waited for so long and I finally got what I want. That handholding though.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

What happened to Athena and Chloe?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Forgotten forever.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Who's a thought this would have a happy ending?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Forgotten forever.

They are shown when everybody says goodbye to the orphanage.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Forgotten forever.

They are shown when everybody says goodbye to the orphanage.

I meant their place in the story, rather than their appearance lol

Clover0Project
Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

I just re-read this again and once again, I shed tears. It's great, thank you very much.

joined Aug 23, 2016

Yuri Project don't forget about the last part of this gem please.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

THAT WAS AMAZING. At first I doubted to read it since it seemed like another angst manga that has a bad ending (not that I hate bad endings, I adore them) but I just really don't know why I didn't read this sooner

I'm kinda sad that the gymnasium closed though, Amy and Maria's out of their jobs (though it seems Amy's doing fine) But I also worry about the little ones, though they probably just relocated to another gymnasium somewhere

Also listening to "Gomen ne, Watashi" was great while reading this

last edited at Dec 6, 2017 3:08AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I read a recent post here in dynasty that goes like this(not verbatim): If there is no lip kissing, it is not yuri... it's super friends!
Seriously, this is a nice read. I love the choice of words and how it is delivered. I am always at home with prose writing..

joined Apr 16, 2014

Toto and Eris are the cutest.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

This gave me so much anxiety that I released a HUGE sigh upon reading the ending. What a good read. Though I’m extremely thankful for the happy ending, I think there could’ve been more reconciling of feelings before Fiona and Amy got together. It felt a tiny bit abrupt.

Is this still listed as ongoing because the extra has yet to be translated?

last edited at Sep 13, 2021 4:56AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.