Forum › Arknights!

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Np! I didn't watch 25thNight's stream for those exact reasons and instead waited for Kyo's to be back up. Seems like the reason for it was that the song at the end got copyrighted so it's muted right now. I just finished watching not long ago. You can watch entire MV on bilibili though. I just did that.

Btw, here's a youtube mirror for those who don't want to go to bilibili. The song itself is out in Starset's official youtube and in spotify. Really can't wait for all the reveals especially since EN likely won't be getting these until next year.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Btw, here's a youtube mirror for those who don't want to go to bilibili. The song itself is out in Starset's official youtube and in spotify.

Thanks. When I was searching for it, I could only find 1 video with cuts to avoid copyright and they linked bilibili if you want to watch entire thing. I see this and Infected were only uploaded recently. When I was looking for it, it wasn't there yet.

last edited at Apr 28, 2021 5:03AM

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

With the PVs they make that are genuinely good, I still find it incomprehensible that they use those shit ass pulling videos from random Youtubers for their ads. Like just use one of the PVs as an ad instead of using a way inferior video of some dude pulling a 6 star and talking about waifus. I really feel like Yostar is trynna sabotage Arknights success every time they do that shit.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Other than being super rare is there anything special about Rosmontis compared to more easier to obtain operators or my W?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

With the PVs they make that are genuinely good, I still find it incomprehensible that they use those shit ass pulling videos from random Youtubers for their ads. Like just use one of the PVs as an ad instead of using a way inferior video of some dude pulling a 6 star and talking about waifus.

I want to agree, but what got me interested in AK was a sponsored video, where outside of learning that AK is a tower defense, which I like, guy talked how every character is voiced by famous Japanese voice actor, which sounded like great idea to me, so you could say talking about waifus was one of main reason I started playing.

Sakura Cartelet posted:

Other than being super rare is there anything special about Rosmontis compared to more easier to obtain operators or my W?

Not really. She's pretty niche and you need to build team around her to get the most out of her. She's mostly a precious cinnamon roll that must be protec. If you want to see her skills in action and w/e you like her or not you can watch this video. Honestly 99% of people roll for Mudrock (which is broken, the best defender in the game) anyway, so many people will drop her just by proxy.

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 5:25AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

I was gonna wait until the datamine on the upcoming CN event before posting about it, but the recent teaser for Skadi alter seem to confirm a theory I had. Getting excited for this.

Dialogue between Skadi alter and the Doctor(?):

"I've been waiting for you, Doctor. I've waited you for far, far too long, I even forgot why I am waiting for you here... but none of that matters. None of that matters much anymore."

I call it "The Corrupting Heart". It had Skadi's appearance, but it isn't her. Fate mocked the failure of our civilazation with ruins, and now it made this organism appear before me, insulting our end.

Addtionally, this is Skadi alter's "drop down" animation. She just warps in. I've been suspecting that Abyssals are Aegirians corrupted by the Abyss. And it seems that's what happened or almost happened to Skadi. Notably, she seems to have an actual tail now. Given that possession seems to be a thing in Arknights, Skadi alter may not be Skadi at all or at least she's not alone in that body.

One more thing, unrelated to the Abyssals but another grim note, from Eunectes skin: "Gavial, I will protect Rhodes Island in your stead." WHAT HAPPENED TO GAVIAL?! But seems to be expected since it's a Bloodline of Combat skin. Apparently, Beagle's Bloodline skin also has an implied death of either hers or Fang's?

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 6:31AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

I was gonna wait until the datamine on the upcoming CN event before posting about it, but the recent teaser for Skadi alter seem to confirm a theory I had. Getting excited for this.

Dialogue between Skadi alter and the Doctor(?):

"I've been waiting for you, Doctor. I've waited you for far, far too long, I even forgot why I am waiting for you here... but none of that matters. None of that matters much anymore."

I call it "The Corrupting Heart". It had Skadi's appearance, but it isn't her. Fate mocked the failure of our civilazation with ruins, and now it made this organism appear before me, insulting our end.

Addtionally, this is Skadi alter's "drop down" animation. She just warps in. I've been suspecting that Abyssals are Aegirians corrupted by the Abyss. And it seems that's what happened or almost happened to Skadi. Notably, she seems to have an actual tail now. Given that possession seems to be a thing in Arknights, Skadi alter may not be Skadi at all or at least she's not alone in that body.

One more thing, unrelated to the Abyssals but another grim note, from Eunectes skin: "Gavial, I will protect Rhodes Island in your stead." WHAT HAPPENED TO GAVIAL?! But seems to be expected since it's a Bloodline of Combat skin. Apparently, Beagle's Bloodline skin also has an implied death of either hers or Fang's?

YEAH I SAW ALL OF THAT. Really concerned for anyone who's getting an Alter version in the future cause Hypergryph is not at all afraid of writing bad ends for the operators we have.

I really wanted a Shining Alter where she's a guard but I feel like if we get that version, the backstory would be something like: Nearl and/or Nightingale died and she's picking up her sword again because she feels like her healer stint was a massive failure.

EDIT: Good news about the Skadi Alter thing! This is what Lowlight said about her in the stream fully translated:
Host: Then, what's this about Skadi the Corrupted Heart?

Lowlight: Well, this is one of the possibilities of Skadi's future. It's going to sound a little dark, but as we can see from her art, a hidden shadow has become much more clear, especially in her E2 art, you can see an unidentified creature appearing behind her. The Skadi you are seeing now is her, but at the same time it's not her. What did I mean by this? Please find out more in the upcoming event. But watch out, she may be in fact luring you in to turn into her kin...

So basically it might literally just be an alternate Skadi.

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 8:20AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Apparently, the true duelist guards(Insta, Flint, Beehunter) are getting buffed?

I want to m3 Weedy or something but I don't want to waste any mats in case I get anything from the banner. or if I get the top OP tag and somehow get the gei cat right away

I didn't expect AK to pull an FGO.

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 8:24AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

Tbh, I'm hoping that Skadi Alter is something that actually happens in the canon timeline and the event would be about finding a way to reverse that? Like why would they allow her to be in Rhodes Island if she's possessed by an eldritch horror? It's much more likely they took her in to try to cure her of said shadow then just letting her walk around the HQ when there's a high possibility of her corrupting other people.

EDIT: Also off-topic but I think I might be insane cause I literally farmed for like, weeks to get 3000 red certs to max pot Breeze ONLY for the medal. May or may not regret it, I'm not sure yet. I now only need 1 more medal before I have everything (the level 120 medal).

What's wrong with me

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 12:11PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

I really wanted a Shining Alter where she's a guard but I feel like if we get that version, the backstory would be something like: Nearl and/or Nightingale died and she's picking up her sword again because she feels like her healer stint was a massive failure.

Pls no. Not Nightingale. Sadly, I can see it happening since she's so fragile. Also, I can see it affecting Nearl too. She'll finally drop the shield and two hand her mace. Giving us 6 star Margaret.

The way I see it Lowlight is giving some leeway so that future events are open to interpretation whether they're canon or not. I can see why this would lead to the conclusion that it's like FGO. In there, the alters can exist at the same time as the originals. However, in Arknights, Skadi and Skadi alter cannot be placed in the same squad. Actually a shame since gameplay-wise, Skadi cannot benefit from Skadi alter's buffs. I'd like to interpret this as a lore thing as well. Skadi and Skadi alter cannot exist at the same time. One must be the future version of the other.

EDIT: Also off-topic but I think I might be insane cause I literally farmed for like, weeks to get 3000 red certs to max pot Breeze ONLY for the medal. May or may not regret it, I'm not sure yet. I now only need 1 more medal before I have everything (the level 120 medal).

I would actually like to do this at one point. I haven't even max'd Ethan. Been using red certs for E2s. I'm waiting for another 2 weeks of open supplies stages so I can farm red certs.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Well I guess it does make sense you can't put both of them in the same team since they are the same person after all just like Lava and Purgatory I suppose.

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 11:59PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I like idea that alters are just operators from the future/past and that's why there can only be 1 at the time.

Also episode 8/banner hype! Good luck to everyone!

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I wonder if my luck in FGO (I got Reines) ate my luck in this game? We'll see once the game comes off of maintenance.

Well I'm not playing for a while since I can't login to the game. :(

Edit: The login issue has been fixed.

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 2:20PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

215 rolls for Mudrock and I got three Rosmontis. Worth it for me as long as I got Mudrock. Also got a dupe Eunectes and I do appreciate the -1 DP cost. Insta E2 for Jackie cause she's a good doggo.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Hey? My luck is literally insane? Got Rosmontis in 8 pulls, Whisperain in the next 10 pull, and then 2 more rainbow bags back to back with 2 more Rosmontis. After that it took another 60 pulls to get 2 Mudrocks in one 10 pull. I'm literally just sitting here like "HUH?" Also got Silverash on my 9th pull on the other banner. Lmao I just won't question it anymore I guess. My pulls.

Now I still have 52k orundum left over LMFAO. Guess my Dusk and Sage fund is going strong.

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 2:01PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Hey? My luck is literally insane? Got Rosmontis in 8 pulls, Whisperain in the next 10 pull, and then 2 more rainbow bags back to back with 2 more Rosmontis. After that it took another 60 pulls to get 2 Mudrocks in one 10 pull. I'm literally just sitting here like "HUH?" Also got Silverash on my 9th pull on the other banner. Lmao I just won't question it anymore I guess. My pulls.

Now I still have 52k orundum left over LMFAO. Guess my Dusk and Sage fund is going strong.

Wow Congrats! I kinda want a Mudrock dupe just to lower her DP cost lol. I'll just hope for one with the daily free pulls. But really wow, that's some luck.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Wow Congrats! I kinda want a Mudrock dupe just to lower her DP cost lol. I'll just hope for one with the daily free pulls. But really wow, that's some luck.

To celebrate, I decided to buy all the new packs LOL. Chose Ceobe for the 6 star selection ticket. With how nice Arknights is to me, I don't mind blowing my money on it since I don't have to resort to legit whaling to get any of the limited units. (The only real painful part was needing to use my OP to pull Nian... took over 100+ pulls and I did not have the same amount of pulls saved up like I did now.) Now if only Genshin was like that...

joined Jul 26, 2020

Hey? I'm only on the first stage of the new chapter and I... already ship someone with an NPC LOL. That deer girl cute as fuck though wtf... And Talulah is really hot, like bruh. I already ship them...

EDIT: My ship was blown to pieces naught but two chapters later... It's okay though, I can always ship them in AUs where Talulah stayed at that village to repay their kindness for a lifetime as she said she could.

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 3:14PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Let's see I got Seige (Pot 3), Rosmontis!, Silence (Pot 2), Whisperain (New), Glaucus (New), Mousse (Pot 4), Utage (Pot 4), Podenco (Pot 5), Beehunter (Pot 5), Jackie (New), May (Pot 3), Jaye (Pot 2), and a bunch of 3 star operators. Edit: I somehow missed Reed (New) too.

I got Silverash from the other banner on my first pull.

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 3:23PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Hey? I'm only on the first stage of the new chapter and I... already ship someone with an NPC LOL. That deer girl cute as fuck though wtf... And Talulah is really hot, like bruh. I already ship them...

EDIT: My ship was blown to pieces naught but two chapters later... It's okay though, I can always ship them in AUs where Talulah stayed at that village to repay their kindness for a lifetime as she said she could.

Yeah, Talulah x Alina is a thing. Been thinking of requesting an upload of images of them in time for the arrival of chapter 8, but I was wondering if Yostar changed the name in their localization.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Yeah, Talulah x Alina is a thing. Been thinking of requesting an upload of images of them in time for the arrival of chapter 8, but I was wondering if Yostar changed the name in their localization.

WAIT OH MY GOD REALLY? Time to search them up on Lofter hehehe.

Wait wtf she's dead? Bruh why do my ships always have death involved... I'm really gonna need to rely on AUs then... sigh...

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 3:27PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I got excited until I realized I don't have enough basic sniper chips to promote Rosmontis. :(

joined Jul 26, 2020

So I decided to just look through some of the ship tags on Lofter cause I haven't in a while and OMG, one of the fanarts is Texas x Lappland parodying the one scene of Root and Shaw from Person of Interest. Didn't expect to see that, but it makes total sense why they would find parallels between them lol.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gj everyone! Happy everyone got what they want!

Rolled 107 rolls in total. 1 daily roll, 1 free 10 roll, 80 10 rolls and 16 tickets. Got Mudrock with free 10 roll after free daily roll, which is nice, but I really don't care for her. Then got a lot of 5 stars, mostly Whisperain (8 copies), Ptilopsis, Reed, Sora, Sesa I didn't have yet in one of the last 10 pulls and then later from 1 ticket. Got spooked by another Skadi with Ifrit in the middle as well as another Mudrock and got Suzuran from tickets (which I'm really happy about, because I was considering picking her with guarantee ticket). Also 17 Jackies. All in all, very happy with my rolls, as I didn't need to spend all my resources in order to get Rosmontis and I did hope to have something left to try getting Dusk (I don't really want her that much, but she looks neat, in general and gameplay wise, and well, she's limited). More copies would of course be nice, but I also don't think they're that necessary. Still got 13 daily pulls, so I'll see.

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 7:40PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I'm thinking about picking up the pick your own 6* ticket once I get paid on Tuesday any advice on who might be best for my team? My Current 6* operators are: E2 W, E2 Exusiai, E2 Ifrit, E2 Skadi, Almost E2 Blaze (just need more catalyst chips), E1 Nightingale, E1 Siege, E1 Rosmontis, unleveled SilverAsh, and unleveled Hoshiguma. My Highest 5* operators are E2 Level 80 Lappland, E2 Texas, E2 Amiya, E2 Liskarm, E1 Silence, E1 Red, E1 Nearl, and E1 Ceylon. Notable 4*s are E2 Jessica, E2 Cuora, and E2 Perfumer.

I bought the 15 dollar pack just so I could afford the costumes I wanted.

Also congratulations on everyone's luck on this banner.

To reply you must either login or sign up.