Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Jul 5, 2014

wow! almost 65k views. do you guys think we're gonna see a citrus anime next year/2016???

As much as we need more yuri to be animated, please God not Citrus. The only thing saving this manga is its art, making it an anime would kinda make that moot, and therefore suck.

Citrus anime now please!!!!!!!

As a yuri fan you should be entirely for this idea. Trashy marketable yuri becoming an anime? Good for the industry! More interest in yuri!
Trashy marketable yuri anime appeals to trashy mainstream audience? Good for the industry! New yuri fans!
Trashy marketable yuri anime sells to said mainstream audience? Good for the industry! An actual yuri show sells, meaning more yuri anime!

Yuri begets yuri. Meaning a new yuri anime, especially one that may do well, is always a good thing if you want more yuri.

Bow down and let Citrus save the industry!!!!!!!

(Ahem. I'm only being moderately facetious.)

Haha.
I admit, I do like the idea of it (animated yuri in general), but I personally wouldn't watch it.
If it helps the industry, I can gladly accept crap animated if it means higher chances of getting the good stuff animated further down the line!
Hell, I'll even buy the blu-rays to boost sales... I'll just never watch them.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:07PM

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

wow! almost 65k views. do you guys think we're gonna see a citrus anime next year/2016???

As much as we need more yuri to be animated, please God not Citrus. The only thing saving this manga is its art, making it an anime would kinda make that moot, and therefore suck.

Citrus anime now please!!!!!!!

As a yuri fan you should be entirely for this idea. Trashy marketable yuri becoming an anime? Good for the industry! More interest in yuri!
Trashy marketable yuri anime appeals to trashy mainstream audience? Good for the industry! New yuri fans!
Trashy marketable yuri anime sells to said mainstream audience? Good for the industry! An actual yuri show sells, meaning more yuri anime!

Yuri begets yuri. Meaning a new yuri anime, especially one that may do well, is always a good thing if you want more yuri.

Bow down and let Citrus save the industry!!!!!!!

(Ahem. I'm only being moderately facetious.)

... I'm worried that drawing in that type of audience would lead to mostly yuri anime that would interest an audience of only that type.

That's just me being pessimistic though....

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:19PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

... I'm worried that drawing in that type of audience would lead to mostly yuri anime that would interest an audience of only that type.

Rather than ushering in an era of generic Citrus clones, I think we'd probably just see more "yuri for girls" types. Unless you're counting Sabagebu - which I wouldn't begrudge you for based on its source - the last attempt at that demographic on TV dates back to the 90's and is probably named Sailor Moon (honestly that's just a guess, but I'm feeling too confident to fact-check). There is plenty of good yuri that falls in this category already on the reader.

On the subject, if I were actually wishing something were to be animated, it'd probably be Notes from the Garden of Lilies or Miss Sunflower. Either would slay me.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:53PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

A few other examples are Yuri Mekuru Hibi, Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane, Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs and Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

Well those are comedy Poor Poor lips would be nice too maybe Girl friends(?) or maybe finish/remake the damn Sasameki koto and Aoi Hana anime but especially SK yeah I'm still salty about that! And let's not forget the one with the biggest potential/destructive sugar power Wife n Wife!

joined Jul 5, 2014

A few other examples are Yuri Mekuru Hibi, Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane, Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs and Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

Well those are comedy Poor Poor lips would be nice too maybe Girl friends(?) or maybe finish/remake the damn Sasameki koto and Aoi Hana anime but especially SK yeah I'm still salty about that! And let's not forget the one with the biggest potential/destructive sugar power Wife n Wife!

The problem with Girl Friends is properly conveying the story without watering it down too much. A lot of the story is told through the characters' internal monologue, not dialogue. The director would have to do a damn good job of show-not-tell or they'll risk butchering the story completely or having to riddle it with narration.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I think a release of a new yuri anime should just start with Sasameki Koto being finished. Without that damned anime I would have never found Dynasty. I demand it gets finished. I want my aaaangst, traps, and karate on the big screen!

But Notes from the Garden of Lilies, Strawberry Shake Sweet, Aqua Blue Cinema, Octave, and one that I totally think would kill as anime.... Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami (seriously, why is this one never mentioned??)

joined Jul 5, 2014

I think a release of a new yuri anime should just start with Sasameki Koto being finished. Without that damned anime I would have never found Dynasty. I demand it gets finished. I want my aaaangst, traps, and karate on the big screen!

But Notes from the Garden of Lilies, Strawberry Shake Sweet, Aqua Blue Cinema, Octave, and one that I totally think would kill as anime.... Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami (seriously, why is this one never mentioned??)

'Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami'
Is that yuri? Haven't read it, but it isn't tagged Yuri.
It's tagged as Gender Bender or MAL o.o?

last edited at Nov 28, 2014 2:42AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Sort of. There is a thing going on between the two main girls but it's not until the end that they openly confess to each other just before they rush of to slay lots of evil monster people. The yuri isn't really the main thing even though you know both protagonists have feelings for each other.

-EDIT-
And well, several female characters wear masculine clothes or act in a masculine manner including one woman who keeps her gender a secret while she leads the local police as their captain (it's makes for a funny moment when they finally realize their captain is a she). The main character is also quite tomboyish with short hair and a bit of an attitude and temper.

last edited at Nov 28, 2014 2:47AM

joined Jul 5, 2014

Sort of. There is a thing going on between the two main girls but it's not until the end that they openly confess to each other just before they rush of to slay lots of evil monster people. The yuri isn't really the main thing even though you know both protagonists have feelings for each other.

Kinda like 'Stray Little Devil', then. I'll check it out but... they are both actually girls right? MAL tags it as being Gender Bender?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Kinda like 'Stray Little Devil', then. I'll check it out but... they are both actually girls right? MAL tags it as being Gender Bender?

Never read it but yes, they are most certainly female lol. Don't worry, I'm not leading you on. This is one of my personal favorites and one of the first mangas I read on Dynasty.

last edited at Nov 28, 2014 2:49AM

joined Jul 5, 2014

Never read it but yes, they are most certainly female lol. Don't worry, I'm not leading you on. This is one of my personal favorites and one of the first mangas I read on Dynasty.

I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation :3
You should check out SLD, yuri lacking toward the start, but really pays off at the end. You'll like it if you're into fantasy/yuri. Only problem is, it's licensed, and the only raws I found online were terrible. So you'd probably have to buy it...

joined Nov 30, 2011

Anytime!

And really? Well that sucks. Thanks for the tip though.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Just read chapter 13 and all I'm going to say is...and I'm being kind here........GODDAMNIT! I'm rage quitting one of this days back to fucking square one! ARGH!fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

joined Jul 5, 2014

Just read chapter 13 and all I'm going to say is...and I'm being kind here........GODDAMNIT! I'm rage quitting one of this days back to fucking square one! ARGH!fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Care to spoiler it for me so I don't have to waste my time reading?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

No that wouldn't be appropriate people can get mad about spoilers even hidden ones, just trust me on what I already said. and I have to translate a lot of things and I'm lazy I suppose this much won't hurt: new characters but they didn't really do anything

joined Jul 5, 2014

No that wouldn't be appropriate people can get mad about spoilers even hidden ones, just trust me on what I already said. and I have to translate a lot of things and I'm lazy I suppose this much won't hurt: new characters but they didn't really do anything

I get this sinking feeling that Mei is going to fuck someone at some point. And it probably won't be Yuzu. I'm predicting a love square to happen too...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

new characters

Horaaaaaaay....

last edited at Nov 30, 2014 7:10AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

YOU EXPECTED AN INSIGHTFUL POST BUT I WAS ME, RYE!

Okay, okay serious question anyone knows if Yuri Project gave Citrus 13 a release date? I just hope I'm not torturing anyone by saying that I read it already and not saying any spoilers.

last edited at Dec 1, 2014 12:44AM

joined Nov 6, 2014

Need to read the next chapter!!!!!!uwauwauwa sooooo excited!!

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

harumin and matsuri.... pwede pwede

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It's not about who the characters are, its the writing itself... it is terrible specially when looking at the sources of drama and how everything develops, character's actions and behaviors are nonsensical and feed into the terrible drama. It is a bad soap opera.

Comparing Citrus and Stretch, even if not exactly of the same genre, it is pretty obvious that Stretch is far superior in writing quality.

Not really, characterizations have been solid and consistent through all the series and frankly most of the so called drama isn't treated as such by the characters.

When was the last time you were in high school? Citrus started out mediocre, got good for one arc then turned pure dogshit as it continued way past the point it should have.
You are never going to convince me anything individual elements in that series were any good.

Also what flips said.

I finished HS like six years ago but my brothers are on that age and the places where I go to play videogames/YGO or where I buy comics/figures has a pretty steady presence of High Schoolers.

In any case there was never a clear endpoint for the series and so far, there's still loose ends to tie so it's kind of silly to presume that it should've ended already.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

It's gone beyond the point of bad to just plain boring and tiresome now. It's seriously just going around in circles.

In any case there was never a clear endpoint for the series and so far, there's still loose ends to tie so it's kind of silly to presume that it should've ended already.

What loose ends are there left besides Mei and Yuzu getting together anyway? From the beginning, the major problem was Mei's issues with her father and they've solved that. Sure, there is that issue of "oh they are sisters, this is wrong!", but that doesn't need a love triangle to solve. I think it should have ended a chapter or two after Mei patched things up with her father. Mei really warmed up to Yuzu by then and I think a couple of chapters solely focusing on their relationship WITHOUT 3rd party characters, would have wrapped up everything nicely.

last edited at Dec 2, 2014 7:26PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What loose ends are there left besides Mei and Yuzu getting together anyway? From the beginning, the major problem was Mei's issues with her father and they've solved that. Sure, there is that issue of "oh they are sisters, this is wrong!", but that doesn't need a love triangle to solve. I think it should have ended a chapter or two after Mei patched things up with her father. Mei really warmed up to Yuzu by then and I think a couple of chapters solely focusing on their relationship WITHOUT 3rd party characters, would have wrapped up everything nicely.

Now you're oversimplifying things here. Mei's issues with her father were important but far from being her major problem, that would be her lack of direction and determination. She does what people expected from her, not what she wants.

Having Mei suddenly become all smiles and hugs would be bad writing since it doesn't mesh with her characterization.

The fact they are stepsisters isn't an issue either, Yuzu's just worried that she's taking advantage of the situation to get closer to Mei.

Other thing worth noticing is that the series now has an ensamble cast, and while Mei and Yuzu are the linchpin that brings everyone together the remaining character are as important like them. With that in mind, we still have loose ends regarding Himeko and Harumin (Harumin's sister being the most intriguing so far).

The series has also adopted a serial format, and new characters serve as motivators to explore new angles with the cast while also causing development for them, therefore, I doubt we will see the ending any time soon.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

OK I hope my last comment wasn't too suspicious...well if it was here's why...
https://www.mediafire.com/?xcj75q9ccceyjwc tadah~ early release for you! made by well me. Enjoy and probably rage too.

I should probably give proper credit to whoever did the spanish translation but no credit was found I might add that later.

If there's any glaring errors point it out and I'll fix it, just don't expect it to be in par with Yuri Project since I translated a translated version.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

OK I hope my last comment wasn't too suspicious...well if it was here's why...
https://www.mediafire.com/?xcj75q9ccceyjwc tadah~ early release for you! made by well me. Enjoy and probably rage too.

I should probably give proper credit to whoever did the spanish translation but no credit was found I might add that later.

If there's any glaring errors point it out and I'll fix it, just don't expect it to be in par with Yuri Project since I translated a translated version.

Why rage exactly?

It was a very solid chapter, the new pair will work nicely as contrast to Yuzu and Mei while the presumed crush will also spark more development on our heroines.

Yuzu's reaction was also perfectly understandble given previous developments.

To reply you must either login or sign up.