Forum › Genshin Impact!

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

As for me I'm likely going to get Beidou since I already have Ningguang.

By the way the answers to the riddles are: Xiao Lantern, Firecracker, and Kite.

last edited at Feb 18, 2021 1:33PM

joined May 28, 2016

You need a phone with a QR reader to participate in the 1 billion primogem event.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Finished everything in the Lantern Rite event so now it's back to grinding for Xiao's team. Got all his stuff so now he's hitting 25-35k on his plunges without assistance. Leveled Jean up to speed and I also decided to shuffle my teams cause my day being ruined by the Ruin Hunters flying up in the air and not having an archer sucks too much.

Also man, I really enjoyed the Xiao story quests we got cause I've always been a sucker for tragic heroes who care in their own way. All of his decisions that people call "edgy" are for the sake of others and the delivery of his lines in Chinese make him feel more like a Bodhisattva then an edgy teenager since he remains in the mortal realm to endure suffering for the sake of guarding mortals from evil. Either way I enjoyed how melancholy his story felt and how he got to feel some reprieve with the Traveler's help.

On another note, Ningguang hits even harder now that she's C2. Literally an extra dump truck of damage from being able to spam her skill an extra time since it deals a lot of damage on contact. I'm probably gonna use my future crowns on her skills to get her even more insane.

joined May 28, 2016

Firefox sure gives some interesting suggestions for the names of characters in the game:

Ganyu -> Gansu
Xiao -> Xian
Fischl -> Fiscal
Ningguang -> Anilingus
Qiqi -> Qiqihar
Genshin -> Genghis

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Amazing weapon banner incoming! I'm legit thinking about rolling even if it costs me character rolls...I only really want to roll for the 4* but if I get the staff it'd be amazing.

Meanwhile, I just wasted the entire weekend on useless artifacts...

This game is pure pain sometimes.

On another note, Ningguang hits even harder now that she's C2. Literally an extra dump truck of damage from being able to spam her skill an extra time since it deals a lot of damage on contact. I'm probably gonna use my future crowns on her skills to get her even more insane.

Her c2 is so damn good! I really need to finish her build but I still hate domain of Guyun and I'm farming Electro/Pyro first.

Ningguang -> Anilingus

Lewd...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I didn't do much but 20 runs of domains these past few days and all I got was one mask for Mona, not a good one, just one better than the one she had before..The recent ones has been DEF, healing bonus and not even one with 4 stats by default o.O I tried doing the ameno domain but all I got was one good feather... FOR BARBARA.

I'm not mad, just disappointed, after all my damage dealers have it pretty good right now but I can't change the current team or improve it anymore at this point and it's been like that even before I got Ganyu.

Good news (on my team) I managed to reach lvl10 of Ganyu's primary fire ! she's now a oneshot killer hahaha.

My dreams for the Hu Tao banner
Who Tao x1
Noel x 2
Fischl x 2
Sucrose x1
Jean x1 (her c1 is amazing) or Keqing

Only one week left!!!

Question: Do you think or have some solid information about the pity starting at 0 with all accounts ? or the first 5 stars is completely random? After Hu Tao is gone, I would like to try the weapon banner, but if I need to make another 80 wishes I prefer saving or moving to the eternal for random stuff.

last edited at Feb 23, 2021 3:00PM

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I have hit AR 45 now and I really hope they will add something interesting to do asap. It seems I have now finally hit the spot where I've completed all the meaningful quests so unless something very interesting happens, I will probably start playing on a lower level of intensity until they add something new. I probably won't be rolling for Hu Tao, either.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

45 it's the time to start farming for artifacts because the dungeons have 100% drop rate of 5 stars and also if you want to buy the compass to find treasure, also finding all the geoculus too, and once you have good artifacts you can test your skills in the abyss ... so yeah it's time for farming and building your team and weapons! aside from that yeah not really much except going around and finding the world quests, those that aren't listed automatically and give you 3 or 6 precious chest and stuff like that.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I exchanged Xingqiu btw, a free C2 is too good to pass up.
Rolled weapon banner and got Sac bow and Flute...an upgrades but not quite the Litic weapons or the Widsith I want.

Btw, don't upgrade artifacts when tired...I just 20d a Lavawalker piece thinking it was a Crimson witch piece...at least the sub stats are ok, in case I ever get someone that can actually use that piece. I did get a mediocre Pyro goblet! Right set but crappy sub stats, I'll take it!

Good news (on my team) I managed to reach lvl10 of Ganyu's primary fire ! she's now a oneshot killer hahaha.

You're getting buttplug drops??? I haven't seen those in weeks! Childe is super picky with his drops.

Question: Do you think or have some solid information about the pity starting at 0 with all accounts ? or the first 5 stars is completely random?

Nope, I think they're only resetting the gacha history not the pity itself. I could be wrong since I haven't been paying attention.

I have hit AR 45 now and I really hope they will add something interesting to do asap. It seems I have now finally hit the spot where I've completed all the meaningful quests so unless something very interesting happens, I will probably start playing on a lower level of intensity until they add something new. I probably won't be rolling for Hu Tao, either.

AR 45 seems to be the current progress wall. It's very slow afterwards. It'll probably get better once Inazuma drops.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

No no I didn't mean that there was a reset recently, I was wondering if all accounts start with the pity at 0, but now that I think about it, my first 5 stars in the eternal was around 78 so that's probably NOT the case. I thought it might be random so I could try the weapon banner and maybe get it at 30 or 50 pulls but now I lost interest XP too much investment.

Yup! I got all the lewd items hahaha, the thin one, the medium size (currently one left but I need one more to lvl up Ganyu's ult) and the big blue one for Fischl ... But call it equivalent exchange or something because I'm no longer getting the Ring of Boreas (that blue ice stick) for Mona and Klee. Keqing and Ayaka also use these so I'm getting worried! I need like 12 lol

last edited at Feb 25, 2021 12:29PM

joined May 28, 2016

Today I got Amber to level 90. She's now my third level 90 character after Lumine and Noelle. :)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I just cleared 10-3 in under a minute HAHAHAHA Bennett is so silly! I have so little investment and look at that improvement. Floor 11 should be easy as well, floor 12 is the one that worries me.

The double rewards on laylines is up. Remember you can't use condensed resin for them.

No no I didn't mean that there was a reset recently, I was wondering if all accounts start with the pity at 0, but now that I think about it, my first 5 stars in the eternal was around 78 so that's probably NOT the case. I thought it might be random so I could try the weapon banner and maybe get it at 30 or 50 pulls but now I lost interest XP too much investment.

Ah ok. Yeah, pretty sure it starts at 0. I saw Tectone suffering and he got like 3 5*s in 5 ten rolls. No staff LMAO

Yup! I got all the lewd items hahaha, the thin one, the medium size (currently one left but I need one more to lvl up Ganyu's ult) and the big blue one for Fischl ... But call it equivalent exchange or something because I'm no longer getting the Ring of Boreas (that blue ice stick) for Mona and Klee. Keqing and Ayaka also use these so I'm getting worried! I need like 12 lol

I got one of each before reset. I keep getting the wrong ones.

Today I got Amber to level 90. She's now my third level 90 character after Lumine and Noelle. :)

Getting to 90 is not worth but lvl 90 Amber is always a good flex.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I'm not quite sure what is the best way to get resources and level up teams now that I'm AR45 and can't really yet challenge the hard domains. There's also this constant bottleneck of experience materials and enemy drops. I guess there's no other way than to slowly grind.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Full disclosure: I well-nigh stopped playing the game 'bout two months back when it dawned to me developing my mains further would require WAY too much farming of Fatui goon squads and Hillybilly archers for mats day in day out.

Seeing as how those are literally the most annoying shits in the game that I try to avoid fighting if at all possible, fuck that.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Huh, I never really had any trouble with them since using Ningguang. I'll be honest though, I farmed a bunch using Jean and Venti at the very start since I got lucky and got both in the same ten roll and they trivialize content with Jean being tanky as shit and Venti being literally broken so I never had any trouble doing the highest difficulty domains. After that, I got Ningguang to 80 the week I got her and used her as my main dps (replacing both Jean and Venti since I had 10 friendship with them and didn't want to use them anymore). She also trivialized any hard content with just killing the Fatuis before they could get their barriers up, and even when they did, she still dealt enough damage that the shields weren't much trouble. Basically what I'm saying is: build Ningguang.

Straight up she's good for everything even if she doesn't deal the MOST damage as a main dps due to her being geo, she's tanky if you can play around with the crystallize shields and she dishes out enough damage to kill most enemies with like, a combo of using her skill + burst in succession. And if you don't do that, her normal attack x2 + charged attack combo deals a boatload of damage by itself so there you go.

For comparison's sake, my Ningguang does around 13k charged attack without counting in any buffs or the damage from her jade stones. Her skill deals around the same amount of damage. This is non-crit damage BTW, she deals around 20k with her crit. This is non reaction damage and all solo damage by herself. Her normal attacks are around 3k each but that's not exactly what you're relying on for her damage so that's irrelevant. It's just a bonus since her whole dps centers around her skill and charged attack. My stats for her aren't even the best they can be since I use Solar Pearl with fairly good but not optimal artifacts since I genuinely hate farming for those. I basically used the first crit dmg circlet I got so the substats for most of her artifacts are kinda good but not that good.

BTW, she's fairly easy to build a team for since the only thing you really need is another Geo character for the resonance boost and then a healer and whoever else you want. It's a non reaction team so you aren't limited to complimentary element characters, you can even use two geo and two anemo and it'll be fine probably. Maybe won't work in Abyss, but everywhere else should be fine. I would try it but the only built anemo characters I have are 5 stars so I'm not sure that'll be an accurate portrayal of a regular team comp...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Floor 11 should be easy as well

I take it back, I actually have to try for the first half since I can't Ganyu with both teams...I think I need to swap the team around. Ningguang's shield blocks some arrows but that hp goes down so damn fast.
I could just ignore the 3* clear but that's quitter talk!

I was going to build Lisa next with the 2x exp/mora, but floor 11 makes me want to just farm cryo artifacts for the next round and build Kaeya. The only other thing I need is small investment on Xingqiu for more uptime.

Fatui goon squads

I was actually happy to see more of these assholes when Dragonspine dropped. Their shields go down in 2-3 hits with counter element, the only annoying one is the hydro because dendro is their weakness.
There's a shield break guide around: https://preview.redd.it/0sougci6uis51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f6b07ff420eee3d966318ad5ff60324de0d3ef50
Found it while typing this lol

Hillybilly archers

Sucrose or Anemo MC is enough to clean the entire squad in one Q.

...you can even use two geo and two anemo and it'll be fine probably.

2x Geo 2x Anemo is hilarious but probably not optimal. 2x Geo 2 Pyro/Electro is probably better if you're running a simple build. Xiangling and Amber are free so it's an easy build.

Personally, for a completely f2p - no gacha team, I recommend building Lisa and Kaeya and go physical. Xiangling can work for a second team as well, both with Barbara or just Anemo MC. They don't require any annoying farming either.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Fatui goon squads

I was actually happy to see more of these assholes when Dragonspine dropped. Their shields go down in 2-3 hits with counter element, the only annoying one is the hydro because dendro is their weakness.
There's a shield break guide around: https://preview.redd.it/0sougci6uis51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f6b07ff420eee3d966318ad5ff60324de0d3ef50
Found it while typing this lol

If you DO have reliable sources of sufficient relevant element damages, sure. Which isn't exactly a given, and the way those dipshits are set up mostly just makes them obnoxiously and aggressively anti-fun to fight in general. The hammer guys in particular need to go die in a fire.

Bonus points if they're located somewhere inconvenient, can hard CC you off there and then reset their HP before you can make your way back to them.

Hillybilly archers

Sucrose or Anemo MC is enough to clean the entire squad in one Q.

The little shits aren't hard to kill, obviously. It's just that you need to do it a LOT (have some more mask drops instead of arrowheads lol) and an awful lot of them are located somewhere inconvenient (and wont to get knocked off to somewhere even more so, like behind rocks or off ledges), and/or part of big Churl blobs that quickly get very tedious indeed to clear.

Actually I think my least favourite among the "basic" commonly-encountered Churls are the big shield bois, mainly because their constant yeeting themselves twenty meters off wherever is a pain in the ass for melee chars and often requires inconvenient repositioning for ranged ones. It all just makes things slow and tedious to get over and done with.

I did do full-circuit farming runs on both a few times. Then I looked at the amount of mats gained, eyeballed how much I'd still need (never mind now in the long run), and concluded pushing wood slivers under my fingernails seemed like a rather more fun prospect.
Even the damn Oceanid is preferable. It's RNG bullshit whether it throws tolerable waves at you but at least it drops mats reliably and you don't have to hunt it down in the ass-end of nowhere.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ well, I'm not sure what to say to that, it's the standard for every gacha game to have awful drops and inconvenient mats farm. I just build up mats slowly, I've only done a full map farm once in my entire game time.

The arrow mats piled up naturally and now they have better drops at high world level. The fatui medals piled up during the Dragonspine event since they're everywhere there.

If you're struggling with any fight, it's usually learning how to deal with enemies easier. The chunky shield dudes are pretty simple: burn/break shield -> Ult Ganyu

I used to hate the electro hammers too, then I learned how easy it's to de-shield and dodge them. You can literally walk into them to avoid no need to dodge, they look scary but are really stupid.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sometimes I take too long in open fields fights because I'm like "Hmpf you small fries aren't worthy of my ultimates" so I just spam Mona's E and then FIschl E with hirichurls hahaha and the ones with Shields are so moronic that I don't even try to run after them when they charge, In fact when they run I use the time it takes them to come back to grab the drops from the mobs I've already killed, that's why my ults are charged most of the times hahaha (another silly restriction I'm putting on myself like not using male characters).

The only items I struggle with are the arrow heads! is true, is like they're more scarce and Fischl eats them as if they were doritos, she consumes A LOT of them haha. To put it in perspective, even thought I have 4 characters I like using Energy nectar, I never struggle to get more and more and right now I have enough for Mona and Hu Tao and if I feel like lvling up Sucrose even more it would take me2 or 3 days max to gather enough. But with the arrow heads, even killing archers every day for dailies I don't have enough to increase one single ability!

BUT ANYWAY for these kind of emergencies, don't forget to use the store! the paimon bargain will give you plenty of items in exchange for Masterless Stardust

Speaking of tips, Sucrose and Mona made my farming so much easier! their passive abilities will give you duplicates with alchemy, Xingqiu will save your life too when you need books

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hu Tao banner is.... aside from Hu Tao .... really bad for me, feels like we just got those guys too recently and Xiangling ? XIANGLING REALLY?????? I would understand the exorcist, but don't give me Xiangling again! wow and we just got a Liyue character "for free" too sigh at least throw Noelle or even Amber :x

The good news is that we're getting daily mails (5 in total) with wishes and stuff, I hope it helps everyone!

joined May 28, 2016

I am starting with a negative view of Hu Tao since she keeps trying to bury Qiqi. This may change if her story segment gives her a more positive portrayal but we'll see.

joined May 28, 2016

Next month's starglitter shop is Ningguang and Xingqiu...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yaayy for Ningguang! ughh for Xingqiu... He has been pushed a little too hard lately.
I think is better for me to save until Sucrose or Diona. Diona is the only 4 stars I'm missing and I have sucrose in c5

ouch... PAIN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXdgHmyztdk

last edited at Feb 28, 2021 10:26PM

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I wonder if one should go for constellations or just buy wishes with starglitter?

This month I could get C1 for Ningguang, but I'm not sure what to do. I have around 45 starglitter right now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.