Forum › Genshin Impact!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Okay, I've never commented in this thread before, but what the fuck did they do to Barbara's voice?! They massacred my girl! They took away all her gusto! My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Imagine not playing on JP voice 乁( ͡°Ĺ̯ ͡°) ㄏ

This post was made by the VO gang

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Huh? Barbara? The only new thing I saw was Kaeya new animation.

Did they change Dainsleif? He doesn't look like Dimitri anymore...that's not an eyepatch. Nice translation again. RIP the Aether theories.

Anyway, 20 rolls: 1 Xinyan, 2 Diona, 1 Stringless. Pretty good rolls but that's not Xiao. I don't know who to pick now that I got Xinyan. I'm thinking still going Xinyan for c1 or maybe Xingqiu because his constellations are amazing.

I was really excited by transmutation...then I saw the 1 week cooldown timer OOF

@塞雷娅 haha congrats! We do be simpin' for dudes now.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

So I've been playing with Xiao since I got him and I gotta say, he's a great dps! Of course, he needs good supports to actually do well without dying, but that's what a 4 person team is for so yeah.

I don't actually have my team for him built cause I was still farming for Ganyu, but I've been using him in my regular team by replacing Beidou and using Bennett instead of Diona and he's been wrecking face at lv60.

I'm using lv80 Deathmatch for him with decent full gladiator set and he's still doing 20k+ crits on his plunge in his burst mode. All of his talents are at lv4 and he has 1450 atk, 70% crit, 125% crit dmg, and I think 37% anemo dmg.

What I have on him is not ideal but he's still doing amazing. I'm genuinely very satisfied with how he plays and he's basically a fast af boi. I'm gonna sideline my Ganyu project and going all in on building Xiao's team.

I already said what I was planning on doing for him before, but seeing how he is right now has changed my mind. I'm gonna instead use Xingqiu, Fischl, and Jean in his team cause Venti's ult pulls enemies off the ground and doesn't let Xiao plunge on them as well.

I'm also revamping my Ningguang team and planning to use Zhongli, Venti, and Diona for her while Ganyu's team will have Tartaglia, Xiangling, and Bennett. I really don't feel like farming her freeze comp artifacts so I'm gonna go with a melt comp instead.

EDIT: LOL nvm, Venti's ult works fine with him. Well that changes things... Tbh I just don't like repeating characters in team comps but if I really wanted an optimal team comp I'd always put Zhongli and Venti in the team cause they're both jacked supports after the Zhongli buff.

EDIT 2: You know what? Fuck it, I'm gonna use Beidou instead of Fischl cause she's sexier. (Also cause of my R1 Wolf's Gravestone...)

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 3:23PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I will never ever nOT use Fischl xP hhahaha https://mangadex.org/title/61377/genshin-impact-lumine-fischl she's basically one of the reasons why I play this game.

Also careful there if you don't want spoilers! leaks of Hu Tao animations are popping up! I already saw her iddle animation (is cuuuteeeee) so yeah xP beware of twitter.

I need to save 20k gems in one month (little more little less) if I want to be 100% sure I'll get her, because I'm like 40 wishes into the pity but not the 100% safe one.
Also about spoilers, Dainsleif ... I guess if Hotaru has Fischl, the brother had Dainsleif lol, too bad we couldn't see him fight, we don't even know his element, but I bet is not a simple one like fire or ice

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 5:22PM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

More like imagine not playing with Chinese voices.

Sorry Amber I also ship your wife/girlfriend Lumine with Fischl now.
There's so many good ships in this game I'm having a hard time picking just one of them to go with.

Qiqi on her hobbies: "I want to have a pet. For example a nice little finch."
Qiqi on Yaoyao "Cute. Like a nice little finch."

joined Jul 26, 2020

More like imagine not playing with Chinese voices.

Ayyy same! I just think playing in the original language that was used to do all of the mouth movements feels a lot more immersive. Also the Chinese voice acting is pretty darn good! IMHO the voice acting for Genshin goes JP > CN > KR > EN. JP takes the cake cause of how many famous VAs they got in addition to everything else. I put EN last cause there's just some voices that grate on my nerves so much that I genuinely can't play with it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I haven't heard the KR voices, I should give that one a shot one of these days. SPA voices when?

Speaking of meta, Ive heard that a whale proved c6 Xiangling is significantly better than c6 Diluc....that is amazing. I think all the OG 5* are in need for a buff. Electro too! Melt is so much stronger with very little effort. They need to balance this stuff before Dendro characters drop.

I'm super close to pity...so game, please Xiao or Mona at least! Guaranteed 4* was another Xinyan... I really want to build her tbh, I even got a decent phys set on her already.

I need to grind the stupid geo pillar again to 80 Zhongli and Noelle. Final ascension later. Genshin snap now.

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 7:52AM

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

This game is fun, but also a lot of WORK! I hit AR 36 and now I'm at the phase where I just have to wait for resin replenishment and grind bosses to ascend stuff.

Also been having this problem where I know I should save gems, but don't know whom to save them for. Keqing is cute, but I'm not a die-hard fan, and I'm not sure about Ayaka either. You'd think there'd be some sweet Inazuma reveals down the way, right...?

La Signora I would definitely want but she might be some time away still.

I will never ever nOT use Fischl xP hhahaha https://mangadex.org/title/61377/genshin-impact-lumine-fischl she's basically one of the reasons why I play this game.

This one was pretty sweet :)

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 8:55AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

Yeah it sure is an investment. I've been playing since launch (refreshing resin with 50 primos every so often) and just now I'm about to hit AR55. I've played everyday so far so that's a lot of time to reach this rank.

After you do all the quests and start running out of stuff to do around AR40, that's when the game just becomes like any other gacha game where you log in for 30 minutes max and do your resin runs until a new update adds new stuff to do.

Tbh I was barely motivated to log in for commissions the past 2 weeks so I'm just glad Xiao got added so I have motivation to actually farm stuff for my perfect teams. He's the only one I've been waiting for to actually start working on my team comps since launch so yeah... Should I have waited so long just for one character? Not sure but you gotta stay true to your convictions right?

That's also why I kept most of my characters at lv70 cause I didn't want to overly invest in anyone until my hypercarry got added. Ningguang was the exception cause she's sexy and one of my fave characters along with Beidou. She's also, ya know, a monster of a dps despite being a "bad" element.

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 9:45AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The two weeks following big events are always the most tiring in Genshin, speciallyif you don't even like the current banner, this 1.3 is filled with events but the last week of Keqing banner will be very quiet... I mean, we don't have a huge new zone to explore this time, just one more boss to farm once the events ends.
It is a good chance to introduce one of the most hyped characters right after that, even if there are no events to go with her, most people will be hyped with just getting Hu Tao.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Too much for Noelle? Ningguang x Noelle x Lisa

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yeah, I'm not feeling motivated to farm harder than bare minimum rn. I think I'll grind when the double xp/Mora event drops.
I finally got a Electro % on a Electro artifact, that's nice...sub stats not great...

I can feel Noelle getting stronger. The geo buff feels kinda silly. I fought the evolved hedgehogs while mining. Really easy with Noelle tbh.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The Melt effect with Ganyu is so broken that I'm seriously considering using Amber again just for the first long distance fire attack and then Cocogoat will finish the job, is like those military weapons where one soldier marks the target with a laser for the long range missile! Plus, there's always Klee in the party (she's cute and breaks shields so I can't not NOT use her all the time) that gives even more bonus damage ( 2 pyro characters in party gives 25% more attack)! so without food buffs and after the first fire arrow (that deals like 500damage with my lvl 50 c1 Amber haha) Ganyu is dealing almost 19k with the first charged shot and the bloom effect with falling arrows dealing around 34k.

I want to keep doing experiments with extra elemental mastery, cryo bonus dmg or more atk, see what works better for the missile.

The drawback? I have to remove Fischl from the party...

last edited at Feb 5, 2021 9:46PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ https://genshinimpactcalculator.com/genshinCalc.html

Technically, Klee should output higher DPS than Ganyu(with Cocogoat as support) because Pyro into Melt does more dmg. I keep thinking we need a proper Pyro support, then I remember I just don't have Bennet lol
I still think it would be neat to have a fast pyro long range support...unless you're a madlad that stacks ER on Diluc just use as support lol

More Cryo damage should give you the highest modifier. Viridecent set should bump the number but I assume you took it into account. Sucrose 2nd talent gives you free EM.

I'm still trying to get a good set for Keqing before I decide if I want the black sword after all. Also farmed talent books for her and Ganyu.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

But with Klee you have to get really close with her charged attack and it depletes really fast, attacking with Klee is more chaotic xD so I rather spreads her bombs everywhere so anything getting closer would get fireeeee.

I imagine Klee would be a monster if you have like, Kaeya's ult active with her or if you're within Cocogoat's ultimate aoe.

About the character giveaway of Liyue, I was gonna go with Ninguangg but I Rather reach c6 with Xiangling (which is something most people did during Ganyu banner but I was one roll short) for that maximum pyro damage bonus, that will help Klee and eventually Hu Tao, and she will be my first c6 apart from the protagonist.

joined May 28, 2016

Counting my wishes I've already put on the limited banners I now have 164/180 wishes for Klee or Who Tao. Not sure who I'll roll on though.

joined Jul 26, 2020

I'm so close to getting Xiao to 90, but God I wish I had a better weapon. If I realized how bad Deathmatch was for him, I would've just bought the Blackcliff polearm when I had the chance... now I gotta wait a month till it comes back on rotation...

The reason it's bad for him is cause his innate attribute that increases with ascension is crit rate and there's literally no need to go above 70% crit rate for anyone and you should be stacking crit dmg after. With Deathmatch, my Xiao's crit rate is like, 88% and that's just so unnecessary. I just hate how I'm gonna need to wait a month till Blackcliff comes back TvT

joined May 28, 2016

If anyone needs them I have some excess Red, Yellow, Blue, and Brown photos from this event. ID is 604350110 (NA server) or yurifan9999 for PSN users. IGN is Altina (Orion).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I completed the photo event and gave my friends some left overs... but it says that there will be another task at the end, maybe we have to wait after the 8th day to unlock it?

Bosses gave me the middle finger this week, nothing for Mona, Klee, Ganyu or even Hu Tao for skills, the only artifacts that seemed nice got def 33 in +4 and the super rare weapon prototype was for a spear!

But oh well, at least I managed to get reputation 8 in Mondstad and Liyue
Also found a cool animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTwdsgkWW0I

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I'm thinking it's the World Quest called Perfect Shot. If you look under Liyue's reputation you'll see that quest listed there. Supposedly it will let us keep the new Kamera even after the event ends.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Noelle bug: https://youtu.be/aKkge8A7gnU
Don't try at home.

I have excess colours too. Infinite blues.

Bosses gave me the middle finger this week, nothing for Mona, Klee, Ganyu or even Hu Tao for skills, the only artifacts that seemed nice got def 33 in +4 and the super rare weapon prototype was for a spear!

F
I got 3 Crit damage rolls sub stats in a row on a 5*, the artifact is pretty trash otherwise...why... I guess I'll use it for now.

Also found a cool animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTwdsgkWW0I

Unexpected One piece reference. Nice slap too.

I just hate how I'm gonna need to wait a month till Blackcliff comes back TvT

We need a petition to make Blackcliff weapons permanent! They are so damn good!

I'm thinking it's the World Quest called Perfect Shot. If you look under Liyue's reputation you'll see that quest listed there. Supposedly it will let us keep the new Kamera even after the event ends.

Why? We already have a kamera.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Ah there's a catch to the "free" 4 star. You have to spend 1000 event currency to buy it.

Edit: Also you can't cheese the event via buying flowers and/or ores I just tried to do this and it doesn't work.

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 12:37PM

joined Jul 26, 2020

The fact that the event is a tower defense mini game is so funny to me. Feels like my year of playing Arknights has trained me for this lol.

joined May 28, 2016

I right now have enough mats to make over 150 Xiao Lanterns. I think I grinded too much lol.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I actually got Keqing from the standard wish yesterday (and I don't think it was even a pity) and it sure was an injection of good spirits into a week which has otherwise been horribly stressful and bleak. Once again just running out of exp materials to level her up, though, and having to grind electro for three mainstays (Fischl & Beidou are the other two) is pretty unsweet. Anyway, I'm actually surprised how long I've been bothered to stay involved in the game. I guess it's because the game mechanics are so easy to master and the general gameplay resembles open-world RPGs which I've played quite a lot.

It's funny because I really don't like it when there are exploration-heavy/grindy/open-world elements in story driven RPGs but I don't mind it as much when it's a gacha game and the story isn't so much the point. Though Genshin does have some decent world building.

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 9:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.