Forum › What do your significant other/kids think of your manga/anime habits? Do they know?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

feel free to answer this question very generally.

I was reading one of the threads, and was shocked when someone mentioned their child. so I was curious if those of us who have significant others and/or children have ever had "the talk" regarding their hobby (reading manga or other) or did they treat it like a dirty little secret? And for those of us who do not have significant others, would that be a deal breaker for dating/marriage?

for example, I know when I first met my girlfriend, she didn't look down on it per se, but I'm sure I did not win any brownie points with her either. to her, it was one of my odd hobbies which she didn't like in the beginning. eventually, she understood that it was just a part of me plus I went on a campaign to introduce her to all the "acceptable" manga/anime I thought she could tolerate and not think me an utter and total perv.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well, my ex didn't really care or questioned about my hobbies or preferences that much...
But i sure as hell did question hers, every week she'd be hooked in a different MMO and it was always shittier somehow
Seriously now though, it was pretty much our matching hobbies that approached us together in the first place, so there (Funny thing is that we were both straight back in the day)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have neither, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have a SO who hated it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I met my gf through our love for hentai so she's totally fine with my anime/manga hobby. Her kinks are crazier than mine too so I probably judge her more than she judges me lol. She's more into yaoi though, but still likes yuri so I send her stuff from here all the time.

Like Nezchan, I probably wouldn't choose to be with someone who really hated it and judged me a lot for it.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I met my gf through our love for hentai so she's totally fine with my anime/manga hobby. Her kinks are crazier than mine too so I probably judge her more than she judges me lol. She's more into yaoi though, but still likes yuri so I send her stuff from here all the time.

Like Nezchan, I probably wouldn't choose to be with someone who really hated it and judged me a lot for it.

kinda nice you guys had a mutual point of interest. when I met my then gf, I was just starting to get more invested into anime and manga. so I didn't try to hide it; it was just something I would do. sort of like she would buy music, I'd order a series from Amazon, and like I said, once I realized she saw my interest as "odd," I started introducing her to very safe titles like super safe "Tenchi Muyo" (man that's old school) while watching Spaceship Agga Ruter by myself *evil grin*

last edited at Sep 7, 2014 6:45PM

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Little by little I'm introducing my bff to yuri. People here complain about "class s," (whatever that means) but it's the Maria Watches Over Us anime that hooked her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.