Forum › Watching Over an Illusion for a Certain Person discussion

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

This is quite deep. They changed artstyle midway too as a reflection of the new world I guess?

Me_avatar_smaller
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's a sweet day to see a new Yukareimu doujin! Very interesting one too, although I still don't understand fully what happened...

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Reimu is getting overly stressed from the burdens of being a cornerstone of the hakurei border that she and Yukari are bearing. Yukari takes away that part so she's just a regular girl taking on all of the responsibility of the border on herself.
Ran is worried it will be to much for her alone without the shrine maidens help.
It seems a bit of time goes on and Reimu is living a normal life when during a dream she remembers a memory of Yukari and her when she was still a shrine maiden. She remembers because even though she has less worries, she has forgotten all the good and bad memories that came with being a shrine maiden.
She then has Yukari give her back her self which she had hidden because it's better to live and experience everything. Yukari warns her all the burdens will come back in full force which is where she says they should share that burden. When she wakes she is back to her normal self as she greets yukari.

I'm sure it could be better worded, but I tried.

tl;dr
Reimu got super stressed, Yukari made her forget the bad parts of life. She took a break then got her memories back and everything is back to normal.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I liked the art change it was a nice idea.

Me_avatar_smaller
joined Aug 4, 2018

@Freya thanks for explaining! :D

joined Jan 8, 2016

I really liked it. So deep, like their stories tend to be for some reason.

Fb_img_1647915926857
joined Jul 6, 2021

Aaaaahhh thank goodness it had a happy ending

Fb_img_1647915926857
joined Jul 6, 2021

Aaaaahhh thank goodness it had a happy ending

joined Aug 28, 2023

Feel like the drama needed to be more fleshed out. How is Reimu completely fine now even though she was the one who wanted her own memories erased?

JustSomeRandomDude
joined Mar 25, 2024

It's a sweet day to see a new Yukareimu doujin! Very interesting one too, although I still don't understand fully what happened...

i may or may not be wrong but:
- hakurei shrine maiden disappears at one point because yes
- yukari doesn't like that idea
- yukari helps reimu by giving her a different identity and trying to erase her memories as hakurei shrine maiden
- reimu rembers
- reimu wants her old self back
- reimu wants to share burdens with yukari instead of yukari taking all of it for her sake
- yukari brings her old self back
- everyone happy

again i'm not sure if this is correct but this is what i'm getting

last edited at Apr 4, 2024 11:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.