Forum › Good Girl & Bad Teacher discussion

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Your comment made me think, but I indeed found it surprisingly hard to come up with a decent anime where the main protagonist is male without falling into the “generic template” trap.

Takeo Gouda from My Love Story!!/Oremonogatari was pretty non-generic.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Miyano from tanaka-kun + yuri = Iiko!

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 3:05AM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

This means we have the possibility of seeing a sexier side of Miss Sunflower... That teacher was really hot. I guess wanting more of a one shot means it's a pretty good one, but it's still frustrating.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Your comment made me think, but I indeed found it surprisingly hard to come up with a decent anime where the main protagonist is male without falling into the “generic template” trap.

Takeo Gouda from My Love Story!!/Oremonogatari was pretty non-generic.

Just reread this and wanted to add a comment to the no good male leads thing - I agree in general male leads fall into the utterly bland and boring category far more often than female leads - but three exceptions I can think of straight away, who are a big part of why their respective anime are so good, are -

Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad, Ryūji Takasu from Toradora, and Kyon from 'the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya'.

(especially Ryuji and Kyon) As much as I love yuri and proffer female characters, these are amazing characters that really make the shows that much more special.

last edited at Sep 24, 2018 7:33AM

joined Jul 19, 2018

It has been many years, perhaps the translator has already changed their mind about their assumption, but it bothers me to see this go unaddressed.

It isn't implied that it was someone else's rule

It is. That phrasing is used to refer to external restrictions, not personal preference.

1, i'm not aware of Sugano Manami having had a male main character in the last 10 years

There are one-shots in the same book.

2, the book is a collection of one-shots and doujins, so it seems unlikely there would be any external requirements

Authors are frequently given parameters for one-shots.

Screenshot%202023-12-06%20155837
joined Dec 4, 2023

Oh holy hell the sensei is so damned hot

To reply you must either login or sign up.