Forum › Posts by frustrated

joined Jul 19, 2018

the job of a nurse can't be that troublesome, right?

where's the comedy tag?

Ridiculous statement, right? Good thing the Japanese didn't actually say that!

frustrated
joined Jul 19, 2018

It has been many years, perhaps the translator has already changed their mind about their assumption, but it bothers me to see this go unaddressed.

It isn't implied that it was someone else's rule

It is. That phrasing is used to refer to external restrictions, not personal preference.

1, i'm not aware of Sugano Manami having had a male main character in the last 10 years

There are one-shots in the same book.

2, the book is a collection of one-shots and doujins, so it seems unlikely there would be any external requirements

Authors are frequently given parameters for one-shots.

frustrated
joined Jul 19, 2018

emi is black haired obsessive chick, yuu is blonde/brown hair chick that doesn't love her back

Thank you darling, but I was snarking about the translator getting her name wrong (it's Eimi).

frustrated
joined Jul 19, 2018

who the hell is "Emi"?

frustrated
joined Jul 19, 2018

The previous three pages of discussion are going to confuse a lot of people who come by later.

But will those people be more or less confused than the people who made the posts?

joined Jul 19, 2018

Only remember once, but she calls her "ossan"

There is also the use of "onee" (katakana) which refers to an effeminate man.

joined Jul 19, 2018

Mimi rudely calls the nurse a man twice. Maybe she is just being insulting, maybe not. The translation does not have these insults.

Or maybe they have so much of them they are expendable

You are right, everyone has magic. Page 8 should say this but it does not. These children are treated as disposable because they are orphans.

frustrated
joined Jul 19, 2018

Look at that, a four-year-old April fools' joke still getting bites. Before any of you send hate mail, I suggest reading this:
http://arascans.blogspot.com/2014/04/gakkou-no-sensei-end.html