ForumNews Yuri Game Jam 2018! September 01 - October 31

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

To all current or prospective game programmers out there:
Itch.io is hosting a yuri game jam (of which I've learned two weeks late... give or take 3 years) and submissions are due at the end of October. Give it a go if you can and spread the joy of LGBTQIA.

https://itch.io/jam/yuri-game-jam-2018

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Side note because I can here are the engines I reccomend for createing games. In no particular order

If your ok with learning to program
Gamemaker Studio 2 is in my opinion the best entry level engine to mess about with it if i remember its got a free trial but assumeing your not bad at art and want to learn a basic ish language its hard to beat.
It can do 3d but most of the time it is used for 2d stuff.
https://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker

Im also told that this is a decent for entry level stuff ive never used it personally but its there.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk

For 3d stuff its kinda hard to beat unity hell even for 2d stuff it vastly out guns most of the dedacated 2d engines but it requires a good grasp on programing and even more so knowledge of how the engine works and the stupid things that it does. Not for newbies or solo projects honstly but good for small teams or larger scale projects.
https://unity3d.com

As for the obvious and easy choice in visual novels just use Ren'Py. Basically every non japanese visual novel has it as the engine. The thing has so few limitations its laughable and has powered some very good games with Katawa Shoujo as the big stand out. The programing is easy yet still relativly powerfull. Honstly this is probly your best bet for createing a game by the deadline if you want to. There are no catches to this engine its just the best at what it does while being free, opensource, and even free for commercial use so you can even make money off of your work.
https://www.renpy.org

If you do decide to join up and try out game development just stick with it your first game will probly suck but its a learning exprience and game jams are a great place to get feedback from people who know there stuff. There are very few cases of a first game being even good let alone successful from first time devs. If all goes well check with the engine terms about selling your game if you wish to do that just know the moment you do you open yourslef to critics and they can be harsh. Most importantly if you get stuck there is no shame in going to google or asking for help.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I missed this jam last year and was hecka glad to have actually caught it this year. Last year it was almost all visual novels and it might be this year too, so my little team is working on an action game instead! sometimes girls just wanna beat stuff up in mechs with jet boosters, and be gay while doing it, y'know?

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Thanks for the news and good luck to everyone submitting!! The world always needs more queer games.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I missed this jam last year and was hecka glad to have actually caught it this year. Last year it was almost all visual novels and it might be this year too, so my little team is working on an action game instead! sometimes girls just wanna beat stuff up in mechs with jet boosters, and be gay while doing it, y'know?

Good luck man hope you and your team understand what you got yourslefs into with all the animations. Just some advice with hitboxes before you ship the game remember to turn them back to transparent or youll have big grey shapes stuck to legs and arms randomly.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Good luck man hope you and your team understand what you got yourslefs into with all the animations. Just some advice with hitboxes before you ship the game remember to turn them back to transparent or youll have big grey shapes stuck to legs and arms randomly.

oh yes, I've done action games before! this isn't my first game, haha. I'm the coding half of the team, but both me and the artist can do animation stuff so that's all pretty much sorted already.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

oh yes, I've done action games before! this isn't my first game, haha. I'm the coding half of the team, but both me and the artist can do animation stuff so that's all pretty much sorted already.

Whats the name of the game ill be sure to check it out and ill write up some feed back if i get the time to when your done with it.

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

I swear one of these years I'll finish my script for an alternate 1920/30's yuri mafia dating sim.
Good luck to anyone who participates!

last edited at Sep 19, 2018 3:54PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I swear one of these years I'll finish my script for an alternate 1920/30's yuri mafia dating sim.
Good luck to anyone who participates!

damn, that does sound pretty interesting

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Whats the name of the game ill be sure to check it out and ill write up some feed back if i get the time to when your done with it.

Super Bunny Kick is the working title that we're probably going to be sticking with. if it doesn't end up being called that just look for the game about a super bunny mech that kicks stuff

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Oh I forgot all about this! Good luck everyone!

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

I was waiting for this!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is amazing. Anyway, I'm still learning of this too late. Well, next year :3

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

https://itch.io/jam/yuri-game-jam-2018/rate/324952
no idea if anyone's still checking this news thread but I "finished" the submission I was posting about. Still working on ACTUALLY finishing it, but hey at least all the levels are playable! ...even though the yuri content I want to put in it is currently still very weak and rather almost nonexistent at this stage... soon...

To reply you must either login or sign up.