Forum › Tropical Ririon discussion

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

I'm glad they didn't go for a The Village ending, at least.

Sames. I really thought it would go in that direction

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I'm glad they didn't go for a The Village ending, at least.

Better: "I see dead customers. They don't know they're dead."

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

For a second I thought one or both of them was going to die
The aaangst was quite small this time around

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

this reminds me of one piece ....
is there a lesbian island somewhere...

lmao I hope so

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

This one has stood out in my mind for years now, really memorable piece. The art is so evocative.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

This popped up in the random chapter feed for me, and the title word "tropical" coupled with the tags angst and drama piqued my curiosity. I wish there was more yuri like this. I mean, I enjoy the whole school setting as much as the next reader, but we really need more flavors, more often.
Plus, whatever I'll say it, this reminds me of the game Skies of Arcadia, which is never a bad thing.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

This story is an insult to Native People. Homophobia is a modern religious/political disease designed to divide & conquer people. There is no reason for it to exist in ancient times or tribal cultures. Assuming the tribe in question hasn't been corrupted by missionaries, that is.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

This story is an insult to Native People. Homophobia is a modern religious/political disease designed to divide & conquer people. There is no reason for it to exist in ancient times or tribal cultures. Assuming the tribe in question hasn't been corrupted by missionaries, that is.

Which native people are you referring to, by any chance? Because the work doesn’t seem to indicate any particular part of the world (nor a particular time period) an tribal cultures have existed throughout most of the world at one point or another (including ones that we don’t even know about), each with its own system and ideology. It seems entirely possible to me that, out of all of these tribal and ancient cultures, at least one would have had practices or customs that we would consider homophobic.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Which native people are you referring to, by any chance? Because the work doesn’t seem to indicate any particular part of the world (nor a particular time period) an tribal cultures have existed throughout most of the world at one point or another (including ones that we don’t even know about), each with its own system and ideology. It seems entirely possible to me that, out of all of these tribal and ancient cultures, at least one would have had practices or customs that we would consider homophobic.

Not to mention that this is only a story. The author simply chose a setting that seemed interesting, and could convey the story and message well. I doubt that they had any ill will or any associations to make with real life counterparts.

To reply you must either login or sign up.